“Great Experience”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #23 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I visited ITC Gardenia in the last monthfor mid-night buffet and it was a wonderful experience due to awesome service by Ajit Kumar Singh (Senior). The food was also great, worth the money.I would love to visit again. Keep it up.Cheers

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

There are newer reviews for ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel ITC Gardenia is located in Residency road very close to richmond circle and the hotel is certainly located right in the middle of the city. The hotel entrance is very good with full security checks and check-in quite fast. The service staff is really efficient and rooms are really nice. The restaurant in the hotel offers multiple cuisines and the food served is really delicious. The hotel offers great rooms, great service and great food so overall is an excellent place to stay in Bengaluru.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is one of the hotels I loved during my stays overseas. It's very luxurious and relaxing, very much anchored in the style of Bangalore City, the Garden CIty as they say. The food is extraordinary and you have a variety of cuisines to chose from ranging from the al American chocolate chip pancakes to the extravaganza of fruit and cooked Asian dishes. I had a 9 day's stay there and I did not get bored at all. The Gym and SPA facilities are amazing, especially the SPA. If you go there you should definitely not miss it. I liked the 2 outdoor elevated pools and the view of the city. They have excellent service. They have this amazing gazebo with a bar and an impressive lobby. I would not think twice about booking it again.

Room Tip: chose a room overseeing the swimming pool at the 14th floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed at three hotels in my travels to Bangalore: The Taj, the Windsor, and the Gardenia and the Gardenia is by far my favorite. I add 30 minutes to my commute time by staying at the Gardenia and it is worth every minute. I think over all ITC has a very attentive staff, and the staff at both the Windsor and the Gardenia are excellent, the difference for me is the breathtaking beauty of the Gardenia and the fact that it is much newer. The Windsor is starting to show its age. Also I like the fact that the Gardenia is within walking distance (yes, I really walk in Bangalore) to UB City and there are so many good restaurant choices in that area. Overall, the Gardenia is my first and only choice for a hotel stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: If you are an unaccompanied woman, I would definitely recommend the special floor. It is VERY quite...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

needs & requirements.

At ITC Gardenia we value the experience of every guest. Part of our effort at making our lady travellers feel pampered and secure is the facility of a completely exclusive ladies-only wing.
Guests staying in our Eva Luxury Rooms also enjoy special priveleges including complimentary buffet breakfast in Cubbon Pavilion, Cocktails in the Tower Lounge from 1800-2000 hrs and also specialized butler service.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Visited Bangalore on a business trip. Apart from the longish drive from the airport to the hotel, the rest was really fantastic. The check-in was quick. Very pleasant staff, very courteous. The rooms were very well appointed. The room controls were given in a small console like a table top digital photo frame and very user friendly, though it does take some time getting used to. Fantastic breakfast spread. Very courteous staff at the breakfast area. The lunch spread was really good.

Room Tip: The rooms are not expensive compared for the facility provided. One should take the rooms on the hig...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

needs & requirements.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Buffet spread at the Cubbon Pavilion.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a spectacular 2 night stay here. Easily the best hotel I have stayed at in Bangalore (ok granted, I have only stayed at the ITC Windsor, Sheraton Brigade and Le Meridien) I had to move here because the Sheraton Brigade was sold out. Arrived at the hotel where I found the layout to a bit non obvious. The central lobby area is gorgeous with a half indoor half outdoor setting. The reception is though doors to the right. Found that a bit odd since it wasn't immediately obvious where check in was. Check in was quick and very nice. Was given a welcome present of two beautiful deep red and embroidered gold very Indian look scarves/shawls. I was upgraded to the ONE suite for being a SPG Platinum member. Once check in was complete, I was accompanied up to my suite. There was a welcome amenity of chocolates and fruit awaiting us in the room.

The suite itself was beautiful Its not as big as most suites would go, but it was spacious and cozy. The living area is small and part of the bedroom but has a more intimate setting. The bed was comfortable. There is a very large walk in wardrobe which can be accessed via 2 different doors. The entire suite is double doored, so technically, room service could come into your room, walk into your wardrobe to pick up laundry and stuff and not disturb you. There is also a massage chair in the room which really got used during my time there. The bathroom is beautiful, small but very functional with a tub, full shower and a separate toilet as well as dual sinks. The shower worked really well with a rainfall shower head. Note that you cannot lock the door to the bathroom. The tub overlooks out to the balcony. and the glass isnt one way, so anyone can technically look in from other rooms but there are blinds provided. The balcony is quite room with space for 4 to sit comfortably. We had a nice view of the central courtyard and pool, and it was quite calming and made it feel like we were miles away from the hustle and bustle. Note that there are very few rooms that actually do have balconies though.

The room also had 3 tv's, one across from the bed, one across from the sofa and one to watch from the bathtub which was a real nice touch. Sadly, the one in the tub did not work. The one gripe I had was that there is not HDTV programming. It does baffle me that a hotel that charges as much as it does, and has HDTV's in its room, does not get its cable provider to provide HD channels. I stayed at a Country Inn shortly after and they had HD! Get on it ITC!

We were also given complimentary cocktail hour as part of being a SPG platinum. Cocktail hour takes place at their lobby bar from 6.30 to 8.30 i think. It also takes place at the other lounge as well during the same time. The drinks here were exceptional. The server recommended passion fruit mojitos and they were excellent. Some snacks were provided as well, and we got a good buzz going before heading out to dinner.

Breakfast runs till about 10.30 every morning, and both days the food was fantastic. They offer a large variety of options across various cuisines, inducing a few very local options that I had not seen at any other hotel. The food was very fresh and tasty, and you could also get a box to go if you so wished. We ordered room service one evening as well and the food was decent.

The hotel is located fairly close to UB City with is a pretty big mall with a good number of food options as well. Rickshaws are generally available really easily right outside, though you will have a much harder time with cabs. I suggest calling in advance for them. Getting to the airport from here via a metered cab costs about Rs 600.

This stay was a real highlight, especially as my other stays at ITC properties have usually just been average. I look forward to coming back here.

Room Tip: Splurge on the ONE suite if you can
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandyjb83

for their promptness & efforts.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us a detailed review, we assure you we would cater to the cable services upgrading you have mentioned. We do hope your travels will bring you back to Bangalore in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent 3 nights in ITC Gardenia,
Very centrally located in Bengalaru. Impressive " Green " lobby. Warmly welcomed by the lobby saff. Quick sorting out at the reception.

Room was superb. Modern 5 star facilities. Very helpful and useful room control electronics by your bedside. Nice cosy bedding and pillows. All ameneties one wishes in a hotel room provided. Had a veryt peaceful sleep without any disturbance.

Food was excellent ( breakfast and dinner ) . I tasted the Indian menus and the others as well. Attentive staff at the ground floor restaurant.

Lots of places to visit. Spa and gym recommended.

The only thing out of place was the room service. Because the wake up call was not given at the correct time and the cup of tea I ordered to go with it got late by 20 minutes, I missed the best pat of my trip, which was regretful for such a nice Hotel.

Would recommend this hotel to anybody. I really missed my wife because I travelled alone. My next stay in Bengalaru with her will be definitely at the ITC Gardenia.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo