“the only place to stay!”
Review of Purple Lotus

Ranked #36 of 611 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I've had the very good fortune to experience this hotel multiple times in the last year. In January, I spent almost 3 weeks here and 2 again in April. I've just booked my third stay for October and I can't wait. As a frequent business traveler, I look for places where I can relax and leave the office behind. The Purple Lotus offers all that and more. From the minute I arrive at the airport, to the time I leave, it's peace and serenity. The staff are undeniably the best I've ever come across. Everyone is approachable and no request is too bothersome. During my first stay, the kitchen was not staffed beyond breakfast. That didn't stop the Night Manager making suggestions for take away dinners and those arrived on beautiful trays to my room. On my second stay, the kitchen had a new cook and I enjoyed wonderful omelets for breakfast and traditional Indian meals in the evening. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The free internet is a blessing for those of us working late hours away from home and the surroundings are quiet and tranquil. The Purple Lotus may be a tad difficult to find the first time but everything you experience from then onwards is perfection.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Lovely contemporary hotel in a great area of Bangalore. Down a small lane, which means it is very quiet. The rooms are lovely and spacious. Free internet...the only hotel in India where we got free internet access. The only downside was the very poor breakfast. If the breakfast had been better it would get 5 stars from me. The guy on night shift was excellent. He couldn't do enough for us. A great member of staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The hotel was good,rooms were spacous & well mantained,staff was very helpful.
Breakfast was very bad & despite of free breakfast we planned to go to other restaurants which offered better options, the rates of food item s were on higheir side as compared with Bangalore.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband stayed here with our son and new daughter in late June--he told me I did a good job in booking this hotel. I made reservations by e-mail. Purple Lotus staff picked him and my son up at the airport--it took about 40 minutes to get to the hotel.

He did mention the Purple Lotus is a little difficult to find, however, it's close to the shopping area on MG road--an easy distance to walk. My husband said it was very clean. The room was very comfortable, and the breakfast very good. He also mentioned that the service was outstanding!!

One thing he did notice was a mild smell from the bathroom sinks and shower--smelled similar to vegetable scraps and spices. He, being an engineer, thinks it may be due to possibly not having traps in the sink, but was easily remedied by closing the bathroom door.

Overall, he loved the hotel, and the hotel staff and owner were very accommodating!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Thank you for booking with us. I am glad to hear that your husband enjoyed his visit. Also thank you for the feedback. We will definitely look into the drain sink issue mentioned in your husband's room.

Have a great day!

Purple Lotus Bangalore

Reviewed June 30, 2010

What an incredible experience! My husband traveled to Bangalore on business and we (myself and our children ages 3 years old and 4 months old) decided to join him. We felt so welcome and at home the moment we stepped through the door. The staff treated my children like their own (in fact my three year still talks about visiting her 'friends' at Purple Lotus and how much she misses them!) . We were treated like the guests of close friends instead of the impersonal service that usually defines the majority of hotels around the world. The hotel is tucked away on a quiet street in downtown Bangalore--away from the traffic and population yet very convenient to all sights and shopping areas. It is walking distance from Cubbon Park, a great place for children and adults alike to escape the heat and relax beneath the trees. The interior of the hotel is serenely and tastefully decorated and the rooms are impeccably clean and very roomy. There is no restaurant but there is a dining room serving complementary breakfast (delicious coffee!) and the room service offers very tasty, home-cooked meals. I am American of Indian descent and raised on South India food and the food we ate at the hotel was amongst the best Indian food I've ever eaten. The dining room itself feels like being in a spa, surrounded by pools of water, waterfalls and lotus flowers. I cannot say enough about the professional, extremely helpful and friendly staff who went out of their way to make our stay in Bangalore exceptional. Purple Lotus is a special place and I would travel to Bangalore again just to stay there. I highly recommend it to any kind of traveler, from business to solo to families, anyone would be very comfortable here. Thank you Purple Lotus for taking such good care of us!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The Purple Lotus is an island of calm amidst the hustle and bustle (to put it mildly) of Bengaluru. It's a little difficult to find, but the minor difficulty in finding it is more than made up for by the stay once you are there. The hotel has many of the Western amenities not typically found in Indian hotels, including a soft bed, a water filtration system, an enclosed shower, and a selection of non-Indian foods. The common areas of the hotel are open to the air. The courtyard is a fantastic place to begin and end your day, with numerous waterfalls and ponds as well as a several of the eponymous purple lotuses. The hotel was recently built and in very good shape. This is probably due to the care taken by the staff, who were very helpful and attentive. The owner (I unfortunately can't remember her name) was just what you would hope for in a boutique hotel owner, going so far as to advise on the purchase of a traditional Indian saree. The free breakfast is a bit sparse but additional items are cheap (and tasty) enough that you don't really mind.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gallake
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Thank you for this review and for staying with us. I do hope you had an enjoyable visit to Bangalore. I also hope you enjoy the new saree!

Reviewed June 16, 2010

i had missed my flight and had 12hrs gap to catch the next. i just sent a mail to the hotel and they replied immediately and sent a driver to pick me up. excellent response.
the greeting at the front desk was welcoming.

The room i got had a queensize bed,stylish decoration, elegant and supple lighting that soothed my mood after that rough day.

the staff were very attentive and responsive and service was very personal. it just felt like being entertained at a closeone's home.
the breakfast was delicious indeed.

the rates were economical as well.
i must say it is an A+ grade hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the positive review!