“Highly recommended”
Review of Purple Lotus

Purple Lotus
Ranked #36 of 608 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed in Bangalore for our last two nights on a month long stay in India. This was easily the best place we stayed. The room was huge, modern and comfortable, and very clean. We had a light and airy corner room complete with microwave and plenty of lounging space. Superb location just off MG road and found the corner from lovely Cubbon Park, but in a peaceful cul de sac. Breakfast was a tad on the light side but that didn't bother us. Special thanks to Rosie at reception for looking after us. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BarbMNZ
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hi Barb,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us -- all the way from New Zealand. Look forward to your return to India! Thank you for the very positive review.

Owner/Director

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good location, good atmosphere, clean place, people smiling.

Unfortunately, the last day a bag with some personal goods held inside just disappeared.

The hotel manager refused to give any reasonable explanation and refused to offer any refund for the happening. When I told him that I was not going to pay for the full amount of the hotel, he threatened me telling that he was going not to open the gate of the hotel and let me go outside.

Worst experience in India ever.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ipernikko

As one of the owners of Purple Lotus, I first would like to extend my apologies for your negative experience. I do, however, feel compelled to speak out against and inform the public regarding the defamatory allegations you have posted about our staff. We are a small family-run boutique hotel and take every review and complaint very seriously.

Our night staff called in our manager who rushed to the hotel once he was informed that you had lost something and believe it was taken from your room. The manager explained to you at length in the morning that we have NEVER had an issue with anything being stolen on our property and you have several options: 1. We first would call the police and bring them on site so you can file a complaint 2. We have closed caption video cameras (including night cameras) on EVERY hallway, floor and lobby of our premises. We offered to review with you the video time for your entire stay in high speed so you could see exactly who entered/exited the room.

The manager says that despite these two reasonable options, you refused to pay and opted to leave, which in itself was suspect. As soon as I go to the hotel, I personally reviewed the security footage myself and found nothing amiss. The only conclusion I can come to is that you either misplaced the item elsewhere, perhaps in an auto or outside the property? Either way, to jet off without looking into the facts, filing a police report or speaking with me does not seem like the best way to handle the situation.

Despite all this, I am still happy to speak with you personally about this and welcome you to reach out to me discuss. As mentioned, we are family run small hotel and take these reviews very seriously as we only have our reputation to stand by.

Manager/Owner

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Purple Lotus for 2 nights recently. Having flown all the way from NZ in one hit, I decided to spend 2 nights in Bangalore before heading on to Mysore.
I chose the PL because of the reviews on TA and I was quite impressed. The rooms a re well fitted out with all the mod cons (LCD TV, Free Wifi in the room, Tea & coffee making facilities, Fridge / MiniBar, Microwave.
The bed is comfortable, I like the fact there is a writing / working desk and loads of space to hang up your clothes etc. My only two gripes are the complimentary breakfast which is a bit lacking in choice and I had no hot water on day one which meant for a very quick, cold shower!!
There was luke warm water the next morning though :)
I like the place, however, this is my first visit to India and the first Hotel I have stayed in, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I must note that it is down a one way alley off a main road and the Taxi driver had a few problems finding it at night, the up side of this is that it is very quiet.
I would recommend though and would return when next in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Can't say that I can sorry.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank toosdh

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you to India. Look forward to your return to through Bangalore! I apologize for the water situation you faced -- we have a manually powered eco-friendly central water tank. We try to ensure that the bio-briquettes get loaded at night when we know we will have a very late arrival, but it looks like the staff may have missed your arrival time. I assure you it will not happen again and look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Owner/Director

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location close to city centre and yet tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac. Very spacious and comfortable rooms. WiFi works well. Morning breakfast was good.

Only con: room service menu is a little limited.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank JaideepVivekanand
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your positive review. I do hope to see you again at the Purple Lotus.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is in a tranquil, residential area of central Bangalore. It is stylish and modern, with polished concrete floors and a minimalist look. It has several beautiful ponds with purple lotus and waterlillies, and lots of interesting water features. The staff are efficient and friendly. Rooms are spacious and with great en suite facilities. However, although the hotel looks very swanky the concrete floors mean that noise carries - we had a very noisy family staying next to us and we could hear their every move. That said, the staff were helpful in asking them to be quiet. My only recommendation would be to consider bringing ear plugs!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JHOManchester

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the ver positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for visiting us all the way from Copenhagen! We understand that our location is both a blessing and a slight hinderance -- being located on a side road in the center of Bangalore allows for us to escape from the city's chaos, however being relatively new, many taxis do not know exactly where we are located yet -- we recommend all guests print the map location from our website or Google Maps when arriving for the first time. We do hope to see you again soon and thank you for taking the time to review us!

Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

As I am writing I am in this hotel , room 9032. I booked it over a phone which was very swift and convenient . The rooms are quite large with fridge, electronic lockers, tea maker, microwave and works. The hotel is located within 10 minutes of walking distance from India's first luxury mall - UB city mall and MG road. Location is excellent. The staff is quick and courteous. Wifi and breakfast is complimentary. The restaurant area is very soothingly designed with a pool filled with purple lotus alongside. The food range is limited but fine. Airport is almost 1.5 hours at the peak traffic time. Overall we has an excellent experience

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank Vaxdrops

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We do hope you visit us again. While far from Bangalore's new airport -- this is a result of them building the airport so far from the center of the city! We do hope the new metro, if it ever gets finished, will help reduce the transport time. Please do come visit us again and thank you for your review!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I cannot say enough good about this hotel - everything was perfect. The place is gorgeous, without being pretentious, the rooms are fantastic and spacious, food delicious and the staff extremely helpful without being overbearing. Bangalore was just a random stop for two nights on my tour, but it turned out to be so refreshing. I would go back to Bangalore simply to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank shaunism

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It is always a pleasure to read such a positive experience with the hotel. We do hope you come back and see us if your travels bring you to Bangalore from London in the future.