“great location and comfortable rooms, disappointing food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pride Hotel

The Pride Hotel
Ranked #41 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
mumbai
“great location and comfortable rooms, disappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I've stayed at Pride Bangalore many times by now, and the only reason I prefer this place is because of the location and comfort. the food here is outright bad. i never look forward to the breakfast here. otherwise the facilities and amenities in this hotel are quite nice and the place is quite clean; this place is very near to "hyderabad house" famous for its biryani; i tried the biryani there but it was not so nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Dear Mr. Ayasm

Thank you for your recent stay at The Pride Hotel, Bangalore.

We would like to thank you for your valuable time in sharing with us of your experience. & it would help us in streamlining our product offerings and knowing you better. The information provided by you will be utilized to continuously improve the guest experience and address the areas of concern.

Kindly provide us your contact details so we can keep in touch in person for your like and dislike in near future.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at The Pride Hotels.

+919686601311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
coimbatore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is my 2nd stay here and my experience has been good on both occasions. The ambiance and food were very good. And the rooms were very comfortable. Helpful staff rounded off a perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mittu_hr
ThePrideGroup, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Dear Ms. Mittu

+919686601311
Ahmedabad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

My period of stay at the Hotel Pride, 93 Richmond Road, Bangalore was from July 2 - July 5 (3 nights). Below is my overall, detailed experience, starting with my pick up and right up to my drop at the Bangalore Airport. Hope others find it useful.

My flight from Ahmedabad was on time, and my package included a pick up and drop from the Bangalore airport. The arrival time was 11:20 and I was out by 11:35 or so since I had no checked in luggage.

Upon seeing no one holding my name up on a placard, I promptly called the hotel. After a few minutes, they told me the driver had indeed gone for my pickup, and gave me his name and phone number. I would have expected them to actually call the driver and call me back, or even have the driver call me up directly. But anyways, we got in touch with each other. He was not there since he thought that the pick up time was 12:00 and not 11:00. Anyways, he picked me up in a matter of about 10 minutes since he was not far off.

We reached the hotel in about an hour. There was a press conference going on and some minister was also in attendance. Lots of press vans were also there. Due to this, I was asked to get off the car on the road itself, and go walking inside. Luckily I had no luggage to ensure that it was delivered safely. Even though I didn’t need him, I noted the absence of a bell boy too. It’s the least the hotel could have done to avoid the inconvenience caused to their guests.

I walked in soon, and my first impressions of the reception were poor. First of all, there was commotion going on due to the press conference. Secondly, I struggled to locate the reception desk! There were 3 - 4 desks in the reception area, and I had to assume that the largest one was the reception. There was no signage at all depicting the same. My guess was right and the person replied "Yes, Sir" when I asked him if this was indeed the reception. Usually hotels have the sign.

I told the gentleman that I was checking in, and gave him my booking confirmation ID. He promptly completed the check in formalities, and issued me my key card. Even though I would not have had it, I noticed the absence of the welcome drink which was supposed to be included in my package.

My room number was 108 and I had to assume that it was on the first floor. It was. The room itself met my expectations. There was also a banana and a couple of other fruits and biscuits on the table which I did not expect and thus this was above my expectations. The bed was nice, clean and comfortable, with lots of pillows. An LCD TV which is pretty much standard in all hotels now was also installed. The work desk was neatly organized too. The room also included a tea/ coffee maker along with a good Twinings tea bag (Unfortunately this tea bag was only there for the first day and was later replaced with a Taj Mahal tea bag and that too loose). The mini bar was also present, but hardly used at all, I suspect. It is acceptable to price items available in the mini bar higher than market price, but the prices were a little too high for the standard and class of hotel. This is a thing where the hotel has complete control over and is not included in my package so I would not complain about it.

Let’s move on to my favorite part - the amenities! There were the usual 3 items - shampoo, shower gel and body lotion. Then there was a comb, a shaving kit and a dental kit. The work desk included a small injury kit (band aid, etc.) and a sewing kit. All these items were expected.
I like to take amenities along with me when I leave. Hence I like to collect them everyday. I would like to report that they were inconsistent with the amenity replacements as well. Example - I used the razor on day 1, but they didn’t put a replacement on day 2 or day 3. I mean when I am spending so much money, I don’t really care about a INR 10/- razor, but it’s just about the principle. If I check out and check back in the next day, everything will still be replaced, right? So why not when the same guest is being loyal to your group and staying for 3 nights? In fact I say that people who stay for more than 1 night should be entitled to more care by housekeeping staff.

The purpose of my visit was a combination of a leisure break, a review to help others who might use it, and feedback for the hotel itself to improve. Since it was a leisure break, I decided to mainly use room service for my meals. I was entitled to discounts on my orders to room service. During the course of my stay, I ordered food and beverages from room service about 5 - 6 times. The problem here is that they were inconsistent with my billing. There were times when the discount was added correctly, once it was a higher discount, once it was a lower discount, and once there was no discount at all.

On day 2, I wanted to get a haircut and a massage too. The hotel does not have these facilities and told me that the spa was "proposed". Anyways, I checked with the 'reception' about where I can get a haircut. This was probably the most surprising and disappointing part of my stay. Here is the answer - "I don't know." I was so shocked I stepped out of the hotel walked a distance and thought of using the GPS on my Blackberry for more accurate information for my surroundings, and I would like to add that I was not disappointed!

I usually wake up late everyday and used to skip breakfast, but on the last day I thought of checking it out for the sake of a review for everyone and feedback. For non vegetarian fans there was a disappointment. There was no bacon, which happens to be my favorite part of a MAP. There were chicken cutlets and chicken sausages instead which were OK. The other stuff was smelling good, but I didn’t try it out.

Speaking of waking up late, housekeeping rang the bell at 10:00 on the first morning. I didn’t feel like waking up and I thought they would go away, but she rung the bell again. I had to get up frustrated, snatch the newspaper out of her hands, say 'Thank you' sarcastically, and slammed the door shut. I agree that it was my fault that I had not activated the 'Do not disturb' feature, but they should not ring the bell again if there is no answer the first time around.

Continuing with the subject of waking up late, it is obvious that I will have a late bath. Usually about 15:00 or so. The water was not as hot as I would have liked. Now there are other hotels which also have the same problem, but these are extremely cheap cost cutting strategies. On the last day when I had to leave early, I had a bath at about 10:00 and the water was super hot. Again - I am assuming that this is a cost cutting strategy and is not confirmed.

During one of my conversations with the reception staff, I mentioned that I would be interested in making another reservation for next month. I was told that I need to follow the same route that I did when I did the first booking. This actually makes sense, and it may also be procedure, but I would expect him to show some urgency regarding the same. Maybe he can make a few calls, or assist me in sending the same request, etc.. I honestly don’t know, but he could show that he appreciates my business somehow. Again, this is one point that I do not hold against the hotel. He was following procedure.

There was an incident on day 2 when I came back from a walk, and the key card would not work. I tried again, but it simply did not work. I walked back to the reception and asked them to check. They took 2 minutes, said "Sorry" and gave me back the card with a smile. I went back and it worked. Looks like they had activated the card only for a day. That's OK, everyone makes mistakes. But at least tell me what the problem was. They shouldn’t have made the customer feel confused.

The AC in this hotel has to be one of the best ACs I have experienced in any hotel, in any country. That is a very positive comment coming from me since I am usually very critical of ACs in feedbacks for improvement to hotels. There was no temperature limiter and when I set it to 18 degrees, I actually got 18 degrees in the environment of the room. Again, excellent.

There are a few architectural challenges which can be addressed. For example, the door to the WC opens towards the outside, but the adjacent door to the shower opens towards the inside. I was struggling to open it for about 30 seconds before I realized this. And I’m not the first one to since there were marks which proved that others have also tried to open it towards the outside first.

All in all, on a scale of 1 to 100, I would rate this hotel a 45. Where a '50' would mean that the hotel met my expectations. And if they had done something above my expectations, I would rate them higher.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Nitin,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our product & service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

We will be in contact with you in the coming days to make our best attempt in regaining your confidence in our Hotel. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied guest. It’s our} goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Thanks & Regards,

Mob: 9686601311

93, Richmond Road,
Bengaluru – 560 025
Tel Ph: 080 43484348 (Extn: 210)
Fax : 080 43484358
E-mail: frontoffice.bglr@pridehotel.com, www.pridehotel.com
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Located a bit far from the airport and difficult to spot. Decent hotel with decent amenities, courteous staff and good rooms. Excellent place for a business trip as they understand the needs of business travellers well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

This is a beautiful, well maintained hotel in Richmond road. Stayed there for 3 nights in June 2010. Over all pleasant stay, nice rooms, good coffeeshop/restaurent, warm hospitality.
only bottleneck is bit away from the market area and if you need to eat outside etc at night, you need to travel quite far, otherwise best hotel for relaxing a tough business day.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ShankarShyamalFOM, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2010
Dear Mr.Kumar

Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

The location is great in the heart of the city, the ambience is good. But i found the room service quality lacking and also didn't have News or Hindi channels running on the TV at that time. The food was good. But the location is difficult to find for an outside-Bengaluru person because of the one-way, etc.
Overall a good experience... but the hotel staff can definitely make it better.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

excellent hotel,,great value for money..internatioal class interiors,,they can improve the quality of food in the restro bar especially the starters..overall had a great time

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip