“Decen hotel at the heart of the city”
Review of The Pride Hotel

Ranked #45 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for over 4 years now. For the budget, I think it is the best hotel in Bangalore in term of located at the city centre, have good restaurants, polite staff and cleaniness of the rooms. One of the nice thing is business centre of the hotel that provides free access to computer & print outs and copying.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your excellent feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

All of us at the hotel take pride in going that extra mile to create guest delight in each of our interactions.

We are delighted that The Pride Hotel will be your address whenever you are in Bangalore in the future and I personally look forward to the pleasure of meeting you during your next stay with us.

93 Richmond Road
Bangalore

There are newer reviews for The Pride Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Hotels service is great. Room Service needs improvement. Front office and House keeping has great coordination .The Breakfast and the Dinner buffet is well balanced and has a good spread. Don't miss out on trying out at Puran De Dhaba. Food is really yummy. Staff is extremely kind and goes out of the call of duty to meet up to the guest requirement.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AyonBhattacharya

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your excellent feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

We are really thrilled to see that you liked everything about the hotel- be it the quality of the room, amenities used or the overall experience at the hotel. Your feed back on room service is shared with Concern department head and i assure you to see improvement in your next visit with us.

93 Richmond Road
Bangalore

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Yet another fly-by-night, work-by-day trip to Bangalore took me to the Pride Hotel. The location is fantastic. WIth MG Road a few minutes away, the hotel is suitably placed for quick sojourns into the hear of the city.
Check in was quick, although the receptionist had to be explained, thrice, that two other guests in my party were to arrive later and that they should hold rooms for them. Further, the lack of a bellboy to show me to the room was interesting :)

The room is well appointed, with all the standard trappings you would expect from a business hotel. Minibar could have been better stocked and the TV could have been bigger considering the size of the room. This is, as I said, in the middle of Bangalore city- dont expect a view.

The breakfast buffet was acceptable too. All in all, a most uneventful stay. If I had to go back to Bangalore, I'd stay here (but only if I had to be in the middle of the city)

1  Thank arjyamaj
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

Your feedback was very encouraging and been communicated to the team .

The areas where attention is required has been communicated to the team and mangement has taken the responsibility to eradicate the unevenness of services of the hotel

Asst.Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I keep traveling all across the country and have been staying with this hotel for quite sometime. The last trip was as recent as last month and I am due ti travel this month again.

Quality of room is very good

Food quality is average though

Room service needs improvement

Staff is quite courteous

The location is apt if you are travelling for work or leisure

Reviewed March 5, 2014

On checkin there was lot of confusion regarding my booking . I showed them my voucher than they gave me room . Why the booking was not there when I have booked a day earlier . Reception staffs were disorganised . No clue what was happening .

Really a treble experience all together . I would never recommend any one to this hotel .
I have sent a letter to my company to stop accommodating us .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

We sincerely applogise for the mess up during your stay at our hotel .

Your feedback has been communicated to the team and corrective steps are been taken up by the management of the hotel not to repeat such uneven service standards .

Thanks and Regards
Asst Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at the pride for 5 nights due to a week long conference in Bangalore. The hotel is well located and for the price we paid, very good value! At first I was given a smoking room which was a problem as I'm a non smoker. Fortunately the staff member who assisted me, Venke, was more than helpful and worked with the reception to find me a new room and escorted me to the new one.

The rooms themselves are comfortable and large. I really appreciated the multi-country plug sockets which meant I could use my UK phone charger without an adapter. Less appreciated was the open plan bathroom with no lock and glass walls! Fine if you are staying alone (which most business travelers are) but critical information if your admin has booked you a twin room with your colleague!

The hotel actually has quite a reasonable gym on the first floor with multiple cardio machines and a selection of free weights. I was able to use it on a few occasions and it was empty each time (which was perfect!).

For me, there were two negatives about the hotel - but nothing that hasn't already been mentioned by other people that have reviewed this hotel on TA.

Firstly it took a long time for my requests to be acted on by the staff (except for Venke, who was always brilliant). When I ordered room service, it would take an age to come and even in the small restaurant they have, a club sandwich took over 40 minutes to arrive. My wife also experienced some trouble when she tried to check-in on the last night despite confirmation emails and the details being written in the log book at the reception. It seemed like a classic case of confusion and trying to lay the blame with someone else.

The second problem is the availability and cost of WiFi. The daily rate is very expensive. If you stay at this hotel, definitely take a 3G datacard or tether your smartphone for internet access.

All the negatives aside, the Pride Hotel is a comfortable place to stay for the business traveler on a budget. I'm sure I'll be staying here again when I'm next on business in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms seem to be the smoking rooms, make sure you specify when you check-in!

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

We sincerely applogise for the inconvenience faced by you during your stay at our hotel .

Thanks and Regards
Asst.Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip for a day and I was completely disappointed to see the way the entire staff manages the hotel. 1. If you call for booking and ask for corporate discounts. -the reply is " sir , I will give u email id so that u can send an email and get the best rates ". Who does that ????
2.WiFi fuss - they have 2 login columns for free and paid WiFi ??? - just make it free or charge it compulsorily.
3.Breakfast : the menu selection is elaborate which is good but they can't manage it . they have 20% of items empty at all times . also they have a manager that keeps yelling at the staff so loudly that every customer notices it .they have a guy who seems desparate to take a review while u are having ur breakfast !!!!
4.Hotel rooms - I expect spotless clean bathrooms/rooms for a hotel of this repute and which has all quality items just not maintained well . slightly stained toilets, cracked shower heads , spots on linen, no bathroom slippers even on request was a disappointment.
5.Main lobby - Again as I said good infrastructure ,good design of sitting area but just looks as if not cleaned properly.
6.Bar : they have a tablet serving as menu card which is good but the menu and prices are not updated.
7.The only good part : I called the reception for checkout and the girl who comes for bar inspection arrived in no time. Hummmm very professional :)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank velanranjith
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

We sincerely applogise for the mess up during your stay at our hotel .

Samir Pradhan