“Nice Hotel to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nice Hotel to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

I was on business trip & found the hotel good in all the areas. when i checked in got warm welcome from the front office staff & my check-in just took a minute & i was then escorted by the front office staff to my room’s was allotted nice neat & clean room.

I came down for my breakfast next day morning; I found lots of varieties in the buffet breakfast menu. The staffs of the hotel are very friendly. Atmosphere of the hotel seems to be great. The quality of the service is up to the mark & i strongly recommend a nice hotel to stay on & I prefer to choose same hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Suryakumar
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
Dear Mr Surya ,

Greetings from The Pride Hotel ................ !

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities.
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation . Your hospitality was performed with encouragement and warmth.

ASST FRONT OFFICE MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chandigarh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

I booked Pride Hotel in a hurry via the web . I checked in to a room which smelled bad & was damp . Got a welcome drink only after asking for it twice ..which was boiling fruit juice that I never drank. The curtains in the room gave it a dingy look. I am sure I would have got a better hotel to stay in the 5.5 k I spent there . As i was tired I just dozed off , looking forward to the breakfast which was a big let down in terms of taste . To add to my bitter experience the Front Office Lobby staff were rude to me . They did not accept my debit card payment stating that the machine would not accept it . I was able to use the same card elsewhere in Bangalore. As I was in a hurry and with no other mode to make apayment . I some how collected the same amount in cash to pay the lobby staff . Post that I was asked to wait extensively till they arranged the change which had to be returned to me. They did not have 200-250 Rs in cash at thier disposal. I felt the staff was goofing up with many guests . In front of me two guests were complaining for a taxi which was not booked by the hotel staff and they had a flight to catch . Am glad I did not ask them for a taxi...Never ever go this hotel..It seems good when you see the lobby pictures but its shoddy overall

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Vadodara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have stayed in Pride at Bangalore twice during my official visit and the facility and services are excellent within the price limit offered by the Hotel Authorities.

The Breakfast spread is excellent, and the rooms are very comfortable.

I recommend this hotel both for business and leisure trips.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear Sir ,

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

I stayed for a week at this hotel while travelling on work. The hotel and its facilities are good and even the room service/house keeping staff are fine. The reception insists on knowing every single visitor to your room and wants an ID proof for each visitor to the room, an absolutely ridiculous requirement which I have heard no other hotel implement. Made it extremely embarrassing for me and a lady friend. Its worth wondering where this requirement came up from, the do not prominently display this, neither are there any laws that seem to suggest this, this looks like a vague rule implemented just by this hotel. If you are visiting this city and have friends to visit, avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shri_19
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear Sir

Greetings from The Pride Hotel ................ !

I am concerned about the problem/s you experienced at our Hotel during your stay . I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We strive to make the stay not only satisfying but a memorable experience. The principal goal of The Pride is to provide exceedingly dependable service to all our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn about the way you have been dealt with and I sincerely understand your dissatisfaction for the unpleasant experience.

Kindly accept my sincere apology.

I assure you that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They give us the opportunity to improvise our services standards. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been taken up very seriously by the Management of the Group and are being addressed.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Kindly let us know, if we can be of any assistance in the near future.

Regards

Samir Pradhan
Asst. Front Office Manager
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

It was one of the best business hotel I have ever been . They were kind enough to take my request of car pick up from airport . Since we we were new to this hotel a lot of apprehensions were there before getting into . To our surprise they had very professional staffs , even the chauffer who brought us from the airport was speaking well in English and kept us telling about the city and hotel.
Lobby was beautiful and we were welcomed in lovely way. We stayed there about 12 days and it was a very spacious room. Price was very decent one provided the standard of the hotel same would have costed us a bomb in similar level big chain hotel in the city.Hotels in this silicon valley are notorious to charge hefty sum in the name of high occupancy & ongoing exhibition & conferences. Internet was complimentary and rooms were brand new as maintained. Morning breakfast spread was good enough to give a kick start to our long haul working day. Being a resident guest we were treated with evening cocktail & snacks as courtesy from General Manager of the hotel. We also met with another guests of the hotel at that place and was good networking. Mostly we ordered room service and chef prepared good north Indian Food. s very spacious and
Overall it was a very nice memory at this hotel. Have already asked my other colleague visiting this silicon valley of India to try this out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirPradhan, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Sir ,

ASST FRONT OFFICE MANAGER

The Pride Hotel .........
goa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

we just stayed at the pride as a stop over hotel on our way back from Malaysia.the hotel is more of a business hotel but it served our purpose...the room service staff was very good serving food and beverage at 2.30 am. the rooms although small were very clean and neat. the breakfast was great too..enjoyed our stay there.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ShankarShyamalFOM, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Pride Hotel, Bangalore.

Kindly provide us your contact details so we can keep in touch in person for your like and dislike in near future.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at The Pride Hotels.

Yours Sincerely,

Shankar Shyamal
Front Office Manager
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I visited this place in Early Feb 2011. I chose this place to stay after looking at their website and the reviews here.
Looking at their website i was quite impressed with their lobby design and their choice of furniture. Quite retro and stylish. Their Glass bathrooms and loo was another aspect of their design that impressed me. I was hoping that the hotel would be as their pictures suggest and it indeed was.
The room sizes were fine ( cant call it lavish but nothing to complain). The lighting fixtures used in the room were nice and the room was quite chic. My only issue with the hotel was that i had specifically requested for a queen bed and not a twin and it was registered the same way in their confirmation as well. But i was given a twin bed on check in and they said that the hotel was full. Although i was not quite happy with the response i was assured that i would be given another room the next day ( it was a late night check in). As promised i was shifted to another room after the breakfast and things were quite smooth after that.
The buffet break fast was quite good.They have an outdoor seating as well which i should say is nice but is underused probably because its kind of quite open to the apartment building adjacent to it and there is no shield or cover. Decent spread of food for the buffet. I did have use the room service for the in room dining. The food was excellent with good quantity and the prices were apt.
I stayed in the hotel for three days and was well taken care off.The staff were quite friendly. The front desk guys though were not so wonderful in helping me with the directions to nearby places, tried their best and i was happy about that. Its ideally located in the heart of the shopping central of bangalore. A stone throw away from brigade. Hence the commercial street and M.G road are not quite far off.If you are coming to bangalore for sight seeing and shopping then i would definitely recommend this hotel. I do not have any big qualms about the hotel. I would definitely call it worthy for the price ( i got the room on corporate rates).But even other wise if you get the room for anything under 7k to 8k i would call it worthy.On the whole it was quite good experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bharath203
ShankarShyamalFOM, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Pride Hotel, Bangalore.

We would like to thank you for your valuable time in sharing with us of your experience. The information provided by you will be utilized to continuously improve the guest experience.

Yours Sincerely,