“Clean and comfortable stay”
Review of Melange Astris

Melange Astris
Ranked #146 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Clean and comfortable stay”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a 4 night stay recently. Location is good. The hotel is clean and the staff is really helpful. Facilities like gym and 24 hour laundry are very convenient. Breakfast is ok. Rooms are spacious and washrooms are clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Aditya772013
Vignesh18, General Manager at Melange Astris, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Dear Aditya

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our staff and the property.

Thanking you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Regards
Vignesh Mani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at the Citadines Richmond for 4 nights in early December 2013 with my friends and their young baby. The apartment we had was great and they had a baby bed ready when we arrived in the wee hours of the morning. The apartment was clean, modern, bright and comfortable. It was quiet also. The hotel as a whole is very clean, airy and the staff, more than friendly and accommodating. I would suggest this place hands down! Shopping is near by, even walking distance or a short auto-rickshaw ride will get you there in no time. Great hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Vignesh18, Hotel Management at Melange Astris, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Greetings !

Thank you for your time and appreciate your feedback . Encouragement like this keeps us motivated to provide excellence in service.We look forward to your visit to Citadines Richmond Bangalore

Singapore
Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was a comfortable and convenient stay in the hotel. I stayed for 2 nights and found the property to be well maintained. The staff was courteous and the breakfast was decent. However, there was no WOW factor in the hotel - a bit of style will probably make it a much better hotel. Also, breakfast has room for improvement - it was too basic.

Another problem is that most cabs don't know the hotel - good to keep Baldwin Girls School or Pride Hotel (which is just a few blocks away) as a reference.

All in all - good value for money. Won't mind staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in citadines richmond a for two nights. We opted for a two bedroom apartment. It comes with two bedroom with attached bathrooms, sitting area, kitchen with basic amenities and a private garden. It's a calm an quiet place with good amenities. The best part is it is located in the heart of bangalore. Breakfast was inclusive and the spread was also good. Service is also excellent and from now on we are going to opt for citadines when we come to bangalore.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Maldives
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were travelling with children and booked a premier suit with two queen beds. Our room is big enough for all of us with sitting area and a dining table, which is very useful when ordering food from outside. Bed is comfortable and the bathroom is big however, due to the black tiling and flooring in the bathroom it looks very dark to my taste.
On arrival check-in was very quick. Children and my wife was sent to the room, which I appreciate while I was completing the check-in formality as the children were tired. Staff are friendly and helpful. Housekeeping service is very good and kept the room very clean however, on the previous day of our departure room was not cleaned but new towels were provided. We felt a bit disappointed as we get the impression we are leaving tomorrow so why clean the room today.
Restaurant buffet was good but they can increase the selection a bit more. Service in the restaurant need to be improved. Service staff are not service oriented. We had to call them for everything, to get water to clear the plates. It seems they wait to clean the table until the guest leaves.
When we made the booking I was not aware that the restaurant is open only for breakfast. However, they have a in-room restaurant menu from which you can order from the nearby restaurants and they would deliver to the room. Good selection of restaurants are available in the in-room menu including Chinese, Italian. Most of our dinner was ordered from the In Wok Chinese restaurant. Delivery takes about 30 minutes and food was delicious. First night we tried hotel room service and was disappointing. We ordered Cesar salad and buriyani. Cesar salad was no where near a Cesar salad i have ever had and buriyani was very oily and greasy.
Free wifi was fast and the self service laundry was very useful as we were travelling with children. Pool was not able to use as it was too cold for children perhaps they have to use the heating to heat the pool. Did not see anyone using the pool except the pigeons.
Overall very good hotel and recommend it. Location is not far from some of the shopping areas.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the main road side. Sometimes it can be noisy from the vehicles.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Goa, India
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed for 5-nights here and highly recommend it. Although, I had some trouble making a reservation on-line and getting a reply. I mistakenly made a reservation for a 1-bedroom verses an Executive Studio. So I ended paying about 3k rupees more when I checked in early. They failed to tell me that I could check in later in the day to receive a smaller room. The breakfast is nicely presented with plenty of options from Indian to Continental. Although, many of the hot items were barely even warm. The wait staff could use some training and offer coffee refills to the guests. The kitchens are adequate to cooking a light meal in your apartment. I loved the open space of the Executive Studio, very spacious. The windows need better blinds and some coverings over them as it is very bright, hard when trying to sleep with so much light coming in. I loved the library on the 5th floor and the exercise room and sitting areas on the rooftop. There is easy, free underground parking for guests. Be careful, some of the rooms could be noisy as they face the street. The only downfall for me is the location. There are really limited choices within a short walking distance for restaurants. I tried to order room service from the restaurant one evening, and just gave up as we were unable to communicate what I wanted. The rickshaws will not use the meter for foreigners, but once the staff came out and hailed one down for me so I was able to get a better rate and better service. Note Citadines rates are much higher than other serviced apartments in the area but it does include breakfast, free wifi, free laundry, and they have an on-site restaurant. The swimming pool lounging area and the laundry rooms need more attention from housekeeping. Also don’t plan on swimming; it is poorly situated and not private. There are dining tables literally almost on top of the swimming pool. A little housekeeping inconsistency when I changed rooms. I will stay here again the next time I am in Bangalore. Very sweet and accommodating staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had booked this place as it was close to the offices where I needed to be for two days of meetings.

I had specified a quiet room with a balcony but was allocated a room facing the main road with only a single-glazed window. The traffic did not cease all night, trucks, autos and non-stop honking kept me awake for most of the night coupled with the venetian blinds that did little to stop the sunlight streaming through to light up the room from 5:30 AM.

Not ideal if you have a busy day ahead.

After speaking to three different people on the front desk I was upgraded to a quieter room away from the main road but again there was still some traffic noise and the blinds are completely inadequate to block out the light.

The management need to look at getting the basics right, get triple glazing or noise-reducing glass, blackout blinds to keep out the light.

Ordered room service once. Took an hour to get a chicken kebab which arrived cold. The buffet breakfast was also very poor, milk was curdled and the rest made airplane food look appetizing...bizarre square cups ensure that you can't actually finish your coffee unless you want it to spill out the side of your mouth.

Can't fault the cleanliness or comfort but there are huge steps to be taken to make this place a good option to stay.

Also noticed along with some other guests that some staff had been working beyond 12 hours straight.

It's worth paying the extra to stay at one of the 5 star options nearby as the prices are not vastly different.

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from Richmond road.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business