“Everything a Hotel should not be”

Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru
Ranked #87 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am writing this review in anguish. I had the misfortune of booking for a 3 day stay in Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bangalore from 21st Jan to 24th Jan 2013. I reside in Oman and booked online and transferred INR 17193 as required by the Hotel to their Bank Account by 10th of the month and sent them the copy of the receipt. Despite my sending repeated emails asking them to acknowledge receipt of the money, they did not. When I landed on 21st, the front office was terrible. They couldnt even smile. And after waiting for a while, they thrust a paper on my face in which it was written that the room rent will be charged to my credit card. When I told them that I had already transferred the money to their account and showed them the receipt, they asked me to wait citing they have to check with the accounts. Only when I lost my temper, they finished the formalities of checking in. There was no bellboy to carry my luggage and I had booked the Club Room!! I had to fight to get internet connectivity and got it after one day. Though my offer clearly said I was entitled for 6 hours connectivity, they offered me only 2 hours, and then finally I had to take up the issue with the Manager on Duty who sent the helpful IT Manager to sort it out. That was the only good experience I had. The boys who came to connect the internet prior to him had no clue as to what to do. They looked at my computer at 10.45 in the night, said they need to work on the server, and promised to come back, but never did. The restaurant service was below par. They were using trainees who had no clue as to how to serve a customer. I finalised with the FO Manager for a drop at the Airport for an early morning flight. When I was departing, someone in the FO rudely asked me whether I had availed the service on my way in, as they offer this service one way. I had not , and I had got this cleared with the FO Manager the previous night. Finally I settled the bill (for the extras) vowing never to come back again. Now suddenly, after 20 days, they are sending an e-mail saying they have short billed me(!!) on the room rent and I have to transfer an additional Rs 719. I am in Oman and if I have to send this money, I have to spend another Rs 400 as bank charges!!!. What I cannot understand is how can they ask for this money, 20 days after I have settled the bill finally? How come they didnt know this at the time of Checking out? The hotel website dont have the GMs e mail id for me to contact him. My mail to the person who asked for the difference citing all of the above is left unanswered (anyway they just dont believe in replying to emails). I head a Management Consultancy and am a partner in it. I have travelled a bit, but have never come across shabby treatment in my life. My e mail id is r.venkateswaran@bgisoman.com. I just hope the GM gets in touch with me directly on reading this review and put a stop to this nonsense. They do definitely owe me an apology

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
FPJPC, General Manager at Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Mr Venkateswaran,
Thank you for your feedback. While I regret the dismal experience you have had during your stay with us, I wish to assure you that I am investigating the facts myself. I shall be in touch with you on your personal email address and shall keep you updated on my findings.
General Manager.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a room here through makemytrip and got an unbelieveably low rate but the hotel was a pleasant surprise. The entire check in process took under a minute once i gave them my name & ID. The property is located on a very busy road and flyover but the rooms were surprisingly quiet. The only noise was from the party hall on the 7th floor. There was an issue with one of the lifts but that was fixed within a couple of hours (on a sunday). The rooms are very good for the price with wooden flooring and very comfortable beds & pillows. The toiletries were by biotique. Room service was punctual and efficient. Linen was clean and changed everyday. All rooms come with complimentary breakfast which has a tasty & sumptuous spread. The a-la-carte menu at the Orchid restaurant is also quite good and the food is fantastic. Restaurant staff is courteous and eager to please.
We asked for a late check-out and they happily obliged. All said, it was an extremely good experience and will definitely stay here again.

Cons:
1) Noise from 7 floor bar/restaurant & party hall on 6th floor rooms
2) shower cubicle does not drain satisfactorily
3) got a wake up call at 3:30 am when i didnt ask for one and a missed call at 3 am the next morning
4) Free wifi is available for 2 hours everyday but the router on 6th floor is troublesome and needs to be reset by hotel staff very often

Room Tip: avoid front facing and rooms on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
FPJPC, General Manager at Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you are happy with our product and services. However, I would like to assure you that I will address the concerns highlighted by you.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

check in : took 20 mins : they did not have original booking. I had to share my booking by sending them a mail and then was given a room
food : very average. waiters were engaging in loose talks with themselves
Room : very average. though i took a club room : even basics like a shower cubicle are missing
Lifts : Only one was working
break fast : choice was a plenty but not too sure of the quality served

Room Tip: try and take the race course facing rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sundeep67
FPJPC, General Manager at Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Mr Sethi,
Thank you for your feedback.I regret the inconvenience caused to you upon arrival and disappointment with our product and services. I wish to assure you that I would personally look into the highlighted areas of concern and take corrective actions to ensure expectations are met.

I look forward to receiving you at the hotel once again for you to feel the difference.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Been to this hotel for all my trips to Bangalore. Its a very decent option for business travellers. Decently located, nice comfy rooms, good spread of breakfast. Even the pub/bar is pretty cool. Very moderately priced hotel for value of money.

Room Tip: Less parking space for cars.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
FPJPC, General Manager at Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to note that you are happy with the hotel and services. We look forward to receiving you once again at the hotel.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are better options for the same price in bangalore. Location is not good/ great in terms of retail or food joints nearby. Internet is free for only 2 hours a day. Room size is good. Furniture is decent, old, basic. Not many TV channel options. Seems like an old property from the level of maintenance. Same menu for breakfast on continuous days. Check In process took over 15 min as there was a group before us and though there were 3-4 staff on counter, it was taking long. Gym is namesake - 1 treadmil, 1 cycle and basic 3-4 machines. Cant handle more than 3-4 people at a time. Electrical sockets available only on working desk in one corner of the room, nothing next to bed. Its not a bad hotel but last time I stayed at Hamilton Adarsh which was much better at lesser price.

Room Tip: Hotel is manageable for short stay
1  Thank garg_amrish
Reviewed January 18, 2013

i Enjoyed my stay... value for money.. room had a nice race course view and restaurant served good jain food... buffet had a good spread... location is in city centre and nearby bus stand but far from M G Road.

Room Tip: Rooms facing race course....
1  Thank brvcool2
FPJPC, General Manager at Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
We thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to note that you are pleased with the hotel and services. Feedback like your's encourages our team to deliver higher standards and always remain motivated to perform.
Look forward to receiving you back once again in the hotel.
Warm Regards

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Recently we stayed in this hotel for three days.This was our second time stay in this hotel.We have visited Bangalore at least on ten occasions and stayed at various hotels and every time in new hotel but this time we had a repeat stay in this hotel and I think I will continue to patronize this hotel.The location is great and especially our driver was very happy to find lot of eating places near the hotel .The hotel staff were also very helpful to our driver.This was important to me because I leave chennai once in three months in my car and go to some south Indian city and stay there for 2 or 3 days mainly to relax and visit some temples.We need some decent hotel (3 star and above) where besides us our driver also feels good.This hotel perfectly suited us .Nice hotel with all facilities except a swimming pool.House keeping staff were doing excellent job.Resturent staff were also very courteous.Regarding food we often order similar dishes in various hotels of a particular group and see the difference if any .Here we were surprised to see the taste and quality of food almost matching to some of the best known ITC group hotels.And all these coming at a very reasonable price.Our overall experience in this hotel was really Great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
FPJPC, General Manager at Fortune Park JP Celestial, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Look forward to receiving you back once again in the hotel.
Warm Regards