“Excellent experience!”

The Fern Citadel Hotel
Ranked #85 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for two months and it was an incredible experience. Each and every one of the employees of the Hotel treated us beyond any expectation. Great rooms; very clean and spacious, incredible food and good location. Incredible place to stay if you visit Bangalore.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JPGomezL

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed for 4 night in September on the name of Fern its totally not a star hotel don't go on the name, restaurant is disaster buffet for breakfast is worse no service. no egg station if we asked for masala dosa there is no masala dosa. Swimming pool is dirty no cleaning at all you will not gate a single bath towel and no shower room. Room was neat and clean room cleaning is good housekeeping is very good. IF u are looking for neat and clean room only then it will be good choice but only good room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay at Citadel whenever I visit Bangalore, typincally once a quarter. Good place with clean and spacious rooms, excellent food and very good location. All in all, very good option for Bangalore stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have always been choosing hotels at Yelahanka or Electronics City in Bangalore everytime. I visit Bangalore often and my customers are located close to electronics city.

I checked into the hotel on a Monday evening. Like my earlier bookings, I have made a direct reservation with them.I liked the hotel for following reasons

1. its 24 hr check-in unlike many counterpart business hotels that charge on 12Noon check-in basis.Thats a very good value to anybody
2. Proximity to Railway Station and Majestic bus terminal
3. In the middle of city where several hotels (fortune to mention), restaurants and shopping options
4. Decent room with quick service

I had good sleep comfort courtesy to a hectic working day. The breakfast on day one was very crowded there was conference going in the Banquets. Barely I managed to get a seat for me and my colleague. It was indeed a let down after a pleast night of sleep. Breakfast has more south Indian spread with negligible fruit options. Fruit juices were best to ignore. Ambience was ok and more rrom for improvements.

I had proceeded to work hiring a taxi from the travel desk. They offered me a Ritz with best possible price. I travelled almost 100KM over 13 hrs but eneded up paying just INR1900 way less compared to those of AVIS/Orix

After returning from work, I chose to not to dine at the hotel as I didn't like the restaurant. I proceeded to neghbouring Fortune hotel. Nice shopping place near by and price of the room are good attractions. Room is decent in size with modern interiors. Hot water facility could improve in a relatively cooler city like Bangalore

Though it was very affordable 3-star hotel, I was wrong to carry even larger expectations as this hotel belongs to The Fern group. I was not at fault as I had an imressive dining at The Fern Meluha, Powai, Mumbai.

Overall, value for money place for your business trip. I will opt to stay back in the hotel with plan to have breakfast at the neighboring hotel.........

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed for a couple of days on work. Found this hotel fairly decent. The room was clean and the food was decent too. Very centrally located. Would recommend this hotel for someone looking to stay for a day or 2, at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Not a very good experience staying at the Citadel. It was a brief stay of 1 day.
I had checked in early morning at around 5.30. Found the room to be good and was really anticipating a good enjoyable experience. However the thought vanished as soon as I saw the bathroom. It was very small and was not at all looking luxurious.
The breakfast was good and tasteful, however the spread could have been more.
The real worst point was the courtesy. The hotel has a 24 hour check out time. Since I had checked in at 5.30 AM, I had requested for an extention of 2 hrs for check out i.e 7.30 AM, but the hotel staff didnt allow that and said that any stay further than 6-6.15 would attract the charges for the next day too. So left with no option, i checked out at 6 AM in the morning and waited in the Hotel lobby till 7.30-8 AM till my colleague came to pick me up.
I am planning not to stay there on my next visits.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Well, the hotel can be termed as a good hotel on absolute scale but will need to call it an average hotel only when compared to other hotels in the city specially in the gandhinagar, race course road, Anand Rao Circle area. The food quality should be enhanced slightly, and the staff behaviour can also be upgraded a notch.

Otherwise an excellent hotel to be in with great location, room quality, sleep quality advantage.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business