“Very average experience for the price paid”
Review of Pai Vaibhav

and 1 more site!
Pai Vaibhav
Ranked #170 of 611 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We had to look for a decent hotel for an overnight stay at bangalore on our way back after a trip. I went to this hotel considering the Pai brand.
Following were the good things:
a) Room was neat and clean - Good bedding, A/c
b) Clean toilets - but the fittings needs to be improved
c) Staff / Room service persons were courteous

a) As we entered the hotel (at that time, it was slightly drizzling in bangalore) - the entire reception was swarmed with some insects and the reception folk didn't even bother to take next steps to clean it up (later it was done after the guests started complaining)
b) Since it was around 9.30 PM when we checked in, we ordered food there itself and it was delivered around 11 PM in the night after reminding a couple of times. The food was ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC; Naan can be replaced with a simple rubber; They don't know the meaning of serving HOT; Absolute waste of money; Taste of the food - was further pathetic
c) For the star they claim, they don't even provide complimentary water bottle, toiletries like shampoo etc
d) Pathway to the rooms are dim; Enough lighting is NOT there

Final Suggestion: Avoidable

Room Tip: Check out the different options of rooms before you check-in
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KVK_KVK
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vaibhav, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Kindly get in touch with the manager if you are not happy during your stay, so that they can help you with alternate arrangements. We have noted your points and would take steps to improve on those.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Hi, we had booked a deluxe room in Pai Vaibhav for my father from Singapore for his short stay at Bangalore on the first week of May 2012. I am really sad to say about the feedback I got from my dad. The bathroom was in a bad condition.The tiles in the bathroom floor was slippery and my dad amost fell. The washbasin was broken in condition.The water in the toilet flush had low pressure and my aged dad had to lift the bucket and pour water.Its not worth the money Rs2009 for 1 day stay !.Also the cab they provided was a very old one.The complimentary breakfast was not up to the mark. Overall it was a bad experience and we dont suggest Pai Vaibhav. We really regret booking in this hotel

Room Tip: I dont recommend Pai Vaibhav rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vaibhav, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
I have initiated a discussion with the managers to avoid such situation. I request you to get in touch with our managers in such situations - so that we can rectify the issues or allot you an alternate accommodation to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

i booked at PAI COMFORTS but was informed that my hotel room was under renovation an that we have to stay at PAI VIBHAV. A very bad location in Bangalore and a lower than budget hotel.We were totally disappointed and miserable. Fortunately we drove to PAI COMFORTS, only to discover that we were hoodwinked in trying to force us to stay at PAI VIBHAV since there was no problem with our rooms at the PAI COMFORTS.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Umitha G
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vaibhav, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Pai Comforts has informed that you were offered 2 alternate rooms for 3 days, as the assigned room had small technical issues - and you were taken care of very well there.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Centrally Located. Very Neat. Good Rooms. Spic n Span Toilets.Effecient Staff. Needs to improve on F&B though what is offered is good. Been going back for the last 3 years to the same property. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: all are good rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bysani
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vaibhav, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

Thanks a lot, bysani. We strive hard to make you comfortable at our hotel - and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel is OK in itself. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the boy who cleaned my room worked hard to keep it spotless. The room was fine (I treated myself to a suite) but the furniture was a bit tired and need a coat of paint to hide the cigarette burns on the edge of the wooden trim. Sheets and towels (changed every day) were clean, but rather worn and should be replaced. However, the area is not the best for the average visitor to a big city. If you wanted to buy a motor-cycle helmet or have your radiator reconditioned, this is the place for you - that's all that the businesses in the area are devoted to. There were no shops or restaurants anywhere nearby. However, it is only two minutes from the Lalbagh Botanical Garden, which is a pleasant place to walk.
The hotel doesn't have a restaurant. Breakfast is served on the roof terrace. The Indian breakfast is fine or you can have toast if you prefer. However, if you don't take sugar in your tea or coffee, you need to ask them to make it specially as theirs is served very sweet.. The arrangements for breakfast are more like a works canteen than a restaurant - two long tables where all the guests have to 'muck in' together. If you want to eat in in the evenings, there is a fairly limited room service menu. Service takes 30 minutes or so. Other requests (e.g. for a bottle opener, which they seem to be short of) can take a long time and may require a second call to reception.
My room overlooked the busy road - it was very noisy. The windows are not double glazed, but the street traffic with the constant blowing of horns, the stray dogs that barked constantly at night, the loud music from a nearby wedding that went on for three days and the occasional demonstration or procession would disturb your rest if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms not overlooking the street would probably be best, but then you wouldn't have a view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank iangemini
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Whenever we have to visit Bangalore our 1st choice is Pai vaibhav.
We always experience very good service in all aspects.
Rooms quality is good& all Basic requirements fulfilled.
It's very centrally located near to Lalbaug area.
I like more their approach toward guests.they are always ready to help you.
As far food is concern they provide Breakfast in morning limited items but quality is good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank AKS50
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Pai Vaibhav Hotel is located just diagonally across (about 50 metres) Urvashi Cinema (Lalbagh Road). The road on which it lies is actually called "Lions Eye-hospital Road", which is a continuation of H.Siddaiah Road.
GoogleMaps gives an incorrect location about it being in the Wilson Garden Area. Please note this for correction.
Urvashi Theatre (Talkies), Lalbagh Road - is a landmark that very cabdriver or autorichshaw driver would be aware of. However, the road leading to Pai Vaibhav from Lalbagh road is one-way(currently) and cannot be approached on vehicle from the junction(circle) where Urvashi is located. One must thus approach Pai Vaibhav road from the JC Road side.
The hotel as such - is very well maintained, very neat and clean, with well-appointed rooms.
Room-service is fairly OK. Front-office staff, the ones I encountered, were courteous - but strangely enough - not well-versed in the Geography of Bangalore. (Where is Tata Institute, Sir?!!!!)
One problem with the stay is that hot water is available only during some very limited hours. It would be a great value-addition, if 24-hour hot-water availability were to be ensured. (I hope the hotel management is listening!)
There is no in-house restaurant. But there is room-service, which is fairly OK.
The food is really good, except for coffee. Do not expect the legendary Bangalore coffee to be served here. The coffee that I partook of here brought back the memories of weak, over-sweetened and bland light-brown concoctions that go by the name of coffee in cities of North India.
The piece-de resistance is the in-house complimentary breakfast - par excellence!
(During 0730-1030 - served on the 5th Floor - included in the room-rent)
Very sumptuous, very wholesome, very delicious and varied (with some extent of customization)
I consider this as the best part of my stay in Pai Vaibhav. (18th-19th December 2010)
There is, however, a bitter note.
I think (I am certain) that the front-office staff on duty during the early hours of the 20th December 2010, overcharged me (Rs 425) for a prepaid taxi (regular Indica, Non A/c, total about 9kg luggage, 2 passengers) to Yeshwantpur RS - quoting some extremely illogical "40km, 4hr" rule. I do not know whether this was done out of ignorance (Of Bangalore locale) or a deliberately premeditated act. I am inclined to suspect the latter - as this very person (at the reception) told me a figure of Rs 850-900, to start with.
However, this is only a lesson to the likes of me not to trust the Bangalore "Pre-paid Taxi", blindly.
I recommend the following Cab services, instead:
Meru Cabs - [-]
EasyCabs - [-]
CelCabs - [-]
These are more dependable. they charge you as per the distance travelled. Also, they charge you only from the pickup point. It is advisable to give an advance notice of about (at least) 2hours.
One more negative point about this hotel is the street on which it is located. Across the street (slightly to the left from the face of the hotel), lies a slum-like hutment in front of which one would do well to watch one's step (literally). Scores of kids (and some adults too) use the street side as their defecating area with absolute abandon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business