“Good Resort for the nature lovers!”
Review of Hill View Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Hill View Resorts
Ranked #366 of 588 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Good Resort for the nature lovers! When I and my friends wanted to break into the reclusion of nature and take a refuge into her laps, one of my friends suggested for a stay in Hillview Resorts. We agreed and drove in to this place. It was quite synonym with its name as the view of the Ramnagara Hills enchanted our mind and soul. The grander outlook with the serene environment been adorned by natural rock formation, this hotel is a place for absolute stress busting. The staff members were caring and greeted us with smile every time they confronted us. Food was good… A must have is the special biriyani they prepare…mmmm… It’s a delicacy I must say! I would recommend everybody to make a visit to this place if you really want to set yourself loose amidst the splendor of nature.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nishithakm
There are newer reviews for Hill View Resorts

Reviewed September 30, 2013

On 23rd of September, 13, I along with a group of 12 people have checked into the property. The rooms were booked in advance with buffet dinner with additional charges. The hotel staff told us that they only have air conditioned rooms though the climate of the place does not warrant air conditioning. Though the property looks grander in style, it was a total disaster. The rooms had dirty walls, broken bathrooms, air conditioners were not working, rooms had lizard and mosquito. After changing the rooms twice, the air conditioning did not work. The most pathetic aspect was that the bathroom had broken taps, water leaking out through out the night, walls had seepage of water. We have had to carry the luggage to our room for a distance of about 200 mtrs, and it took the hotel 40 minutes to check into the rooms. The food was horrendous, the chicken curry was smelling. Though one does not expect much luxury from a place like this, but it was a real cheat, it would have been better to check into a nearby lodge. It cost us close to Rs.4000/- per room, a price that is offered by 4 start hotels in Bangalore for the time of the travel.
The hotel staff were all looked and responded like farm helps with no training in hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank ashokpgknair
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We checked in to this resort on our way to Wonder La. Who knew that we would end up staying for a week at this resort here, after a terrible accident on our way to the Park.
Rooms were amazing, bathrooms were very clean, neat n tidy bedspreads n pillow cover, beautiful view from the balcony (of the mountains), swimming pool was alright. Food wasn't the best we've had but it was ok. Overall had a lovely time at the resort. Would recommend, for people travelling with friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vivin5209
Reviewed April 28, 2013

we five from our family thought of relaxing going out over the week end and made plan in hurry to stay at available nearby resort, unfortunately we made a bad choice of this resort. we went directly and requested 3 Rooms, first they took us to one building which was totally unmaintained, none of us like the rooms, came back to reception and said that if they are the only available rooms we are leaving from there, then they took us to the some other building where rooms were descent. as we were there almost evening time, we decided to stay there. Main problem we faced after we return to room after dinner. the neighboring three rooms were given to some uncultured indecent people who were totally drunk and happened to knock our rooms, shouting on corridor doors even after mid night. My sister literally afraid when they knock the door so hardly multiple times, I literally came out and shouted at them but they showed don’t care attitude. I informed reception 3 times but I didn’t see any action taken, I got frustrated and shouted to reception saying that if they can’t manage the dirty crowed they allowed inside, call the police to handle, but no action taken. We didn’t had any sleep and totally upset being there. Later while leaving from that place observed two vehicles belonging to an social organization managed by a well know underworld element. I really felt safe because at least nothing happened to us shouting at them. There is not even a single gun man at this resort. I recommend any descent family who want to stay peacefully in a cultured environment never look at this resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Prad123
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we first arrived they put us into a small room with only 1 bed, there are 4 of us and after paying nearly 10,000/- we weren't amused! The room was dirty, there was food all over the tables and the toilet had urine all over the seat!! We complained and they put us into a bigger room, which was probably meant for us anyway, I think they were trying to be clever! There was no fridge in the room like there was meant to be as all fridges were apparently broken. Outside of our room were a pile of dirty plates and empty bottles! We found a menu in the room and chose some food off of it, only to be told that they cannot cook anything from it and that it was an old menu. So we asked what they could cook for us and all we were told was "Tell us what you want and we will see if we can do it". We ended up having to source food from outside as there was nothing to eat at the hotel. There was also no bar/drinks menu. Also there is only hot water until 11am, but I had a shower at 9am and it was freezing!
The hotel advertised a games room and 2 swimming pools, 1 apparently being a childrens pool? We seen the childrens pool sign but there was no water in the pool: the games room was closed when we arrived (around 8pm) as was the inside swimming pool. The outdoor swimming pool had no water so clearly was not available. We have a 15 year old son and an 8 year old son, so we were obviously very disappointed by this as one of the reasons we chose this hotel was for the amenities We of course complained and the pool was open at 8:30 am the next morning. The games room was opened in the evening (only after we asked for it to be) and it was appalling! The snooker table was a hazard as there was metal sticking out, which could have been very serious if the children had cut themselves on it, the cloth on the table was also ripped. The football table was filthy and broken, the table tennis rackets were dirty and wrecked and the tread mill didn't work at all!
We went for breakfast and again asked for a menu, again we were told that there wan't one. We asked what was available and was told bread, eggs and puri bhaji. I asked for a cheese omelette and was told they had no cheese! So had to have plain! We ordered 3 coffee's and a fruit juice, they had no fruit juice so said we could have a bottle of maaza, which we were later charged for, along with 4 glasses of water! The coffee's took 35 minutes to get to us!
We spoke to the manager of the hotel on Wednesday just before we checked out, (it was the only time he was in). We told him of our complaints and how disappointed we were and how upset the children were and all we got from him was "What do you want me to do, I am not an actual manager I just took on this role 8 months ago and have to speak to Head Office?" The "manager was more interested at looking at a picture of a leopard than sorting out our issues! Safe to say we will not be visiting EVER again!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Becci24
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here during Spetember 2012.
First they make us wait for 1 1/2 hrs before check-in as there was a problem with my booking through makemytrip.com
they were not ready to give me an A/C room although it was clearly mentioned on the makemytrip website. they made me pay extra for an A/C room.
I had booked for 2 nights and had complementary in the package.
the first day i got my room only around 4pm (after the wait). i got the complementary breakfast only on the 2nd day and the 3rd day they said i had to pay for the breakfast. their reason was the day of the check out breakfast is not complementary. i have heard such a reason in my life.
room was not clean and food was not that great.
on the day of the check out, they made me wait again for an hour as they card swipe machine was not working. then i had to travel to the nearest ATM to withdraw cash.

overall i have been to better resorts and had much better experiences. this is definitely the worst and would never go back.
the manager, staff were quite rude and did not even want to help out the customer.
i would suggest not to go here if you are looking for a good time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank blackhornet666
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had stayed here for a night in one of the A/C Deluxe rooms in April 2012. The location of the hotel is very good and the room was spacious. The swimming pool was ok. That is all you can expect.
First of all they are big liars. Whatever they mentioned in their website only 50% exists. The outside pool was filled with filth. The spa was open but there was no staff. When I inquired about the spa on phone they said everything is available. It was just there and not maintained at all. It was a stinking place. The receptionist mentioned that there will be rain dance in the evening but there was nothing. Only loud music was played.
Coming to the rooms it was spacious but things were not maintained well at all. The door lock didn't operate properly. The key light switch was not working properly and it used to shut down the entire room electricity in between. The television did not show any channels in the night. There was a big hole on the bed sheet and also hole in the towels provided by them. Bathroom was spacious but not so clean and had 24 hrs hot water.
Dinner and breakfast was ok and not so great. The number of items were less.
All in all an OK resort. Rs 3300/- per night seems a bit on the higher side for this resort.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main block seem to be good
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple