“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Indian, International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: MG Road
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is the main restaurant in the Oberoi hotel in Bangalore. The breakfast buffet is serverd here and it is very good. Eggs and waffles cooked to order are also available. We also had dinner here, which was also excellent. The grilled prawn appetizer was great, as was the Chicken Tikka. Even the Indian wine (Sula) was pretty good. Service was professional and attentive.

Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a delight to have you dine with us at Le Jardin.

We sincerely appreciate the time taken by you to post your dining experience on Trip Advisor Community.

We are happy to note that our food and service were to your expectations and do hope to have many more opportunities to be of service to you.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Visited this place last week with my father, who is a big fan of “The Oberoi’s”. To start with we as a guest can learn a lot for the service staff. We were here on a Wednesday afternoon buffet. The moment you walk in it gives the feel of a garden. It is calm and well maintained. The service is always been the best and they make sure you get all the comfort while you are dinning here. The soup and the starters were severed on the table. The salad spread was great, both non veg and veg. For a weekday the spread of good. The chef’s interaction with the guests is a good concept. This was not our first visit, have been to here on many wonderful occasions.

I can keep writing on the experience here. Every visit to this property is an experience.

Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a delight to have your father and you dine with us at Le Jardin.

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words of praise for our food, service and ambiance. We are indeed grateful for this review.

I have shared your positive comments with the Le Jardin team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The chefs was also happy to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

The team and I look forward to the continued pleasure of welcoming your father and you back.

Vice President and General Manger

Reviewed December 10, 2013

What a fabulous Italian restaurant. The taster menu is divine. Theres an option for with or without wine, decided against as 3 glasses of wine was possibly too much on a week night. beef to die for from the highlands, lovely between course amuse bouches. Fabulous

Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you and for taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are grateful for your gracious comments. I have conveyed you compliments to the our chefs who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We thank you once again for your time and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits

Huvida Marshall (Ms)`

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We reached there on an un-eventful Monday afternoon to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary with the Buffet Lunch. Reservations were done much prior to our arrival and we were welcomed and seated by the staff .

I really don't know from where to start praising them as we were being guided fabulously at every step .. I must add here , that at this juncture ,the Oberoi fellows were blissfully un-aware that it was our Anniversary.

As we were enjoyed the kebabs,dhoklas,dahi vada and plethora of continental cuisine starters , Mr.Akhand(one of the chefs) came by our table to inform that pizza is also part of the buffet and whether we would wanna try some. On learning that we not very inclined for veg pizza , he arranged specially for us a chicken pizza and from that point on ,Mr.Akhand took a keen interest on what we were being served.Towards the end of the meal , he graciously offered us a platter of Kulfi and raspberry-chilli Sorbet which we were informed were on the House and we feel it was an extremely warm gesture... I must add that being a Foodie couple , we have had the opportunity to relish some real good food both in India and abroad ,but the assorted kulfis served were phenomenally tasty and something we never had before. The paan(betel-leaf) flavoured kulfi was one of its kind and the best !! The sorbet literally took our breath away with its sweet-pungent flavour :)
Now came the Big Surprise - I think i must have casualy mentioned to Mr.Akhand that thanks to his attentive service,we really had a wonderful lunch on our special day and Voila --- in a matter of minutes -- a chocolate cake was brought on our Table with Happy Anniversary in Bold Letters !!! I cannot put it in words how much that means to a patron who was a 1st timer at Oberoi,Bangalore. It is this gesture that will bring me back here for any special occasion in my Family because food is best enjoyed with some great people around and in my experience Oberoi's staff is unparallel as far as service is concerned. You guys rock !!! :)
Perhaps ,the review got really huge but I wanted to put it in black and white coz I will personally insist that my family and friends pick Le Jardin as the meal venue for any occassion.

The buffet lunch is worth every penny without a trace of doubt.The 13 course desserts are a visual delight and gastronomically satiating !! Thank You very much for this AMAZING experience !

Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you and also for taking time to share such a wonderful and detailed feedback of your dining experience.

We are happy to read such a delightful review.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team at Le Jardin, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Akhand was also pleased to note that his efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our constant endeavour to deliver our best and appreciation such as yours increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you once again for your compliments on Trip Advisor and do look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I think I am reviewing this place for the second time. First I had taken my family to enjoy the Sunday brunch and was overwhelmed with the experience. This time I had been to this place with my family to celebrate my promotion. The rate was Rs.1250/ plus taxes. This is fair priced.

Pros: As always, this is one of the best property to take your family. The place is the best, ambiance so serene and peaceful and as I commented in my previous review, Its truly surprising that they have carved a peaceful place out of the bustling MG Road in Bangalore. They have probably the best Garden in all of Bangalore. The water body which runs as a lining to the hotel is all fantastic. I am not elaborating about the pros, these guys are the best.

Cons : No these are not the negatives rather a few points which may help the authority to help better the place. I am trying to put my thoughts across. I was informed that my kid of 5 wont be charged and to my surprise she was charged half the price. Now you may think a middle class Indian's intention to get all these at no cost is working here. No its is not. I have been Ritz Carlton a few days before (see my review on them) and they didn't charge my kid. I am not complaining about the charges, I have problem when they misguided me. Now to my surprise, the dinner buffet didn't offer soup as part of the spread. Just think, it would have been fantastic if they had this and a hot soup in the winter evening in Bangalore cant be missed. And no ice cream as well?? Most of the visitors had they kids along with them for the buffet and something like Ice cream is a big let down for the kids. Does these additions cost Oberoi much?, If cost is the issue, please increase the prices rightly, I don't think your customers will complain. But these are essentials which cant be missed. I did notice that many tables were occupied with people and making noise, this is not expected from a fine dine restaurant. This is total let down for a family which came to enjoy their evening. Maybe I am complaining, since this time Le Jardin was a let down. I am rating it 3 and will definitely come back and will rate better if the experience has improved.

Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful to you for your compliments on our service. I have conveyed your generous comments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We have noted your comments on the dinner buffet and are grateful for your feedback.

It is our sincere endeavour to deliver our best and feedback such as yours helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions in order to constantly improve and I thank you once again for sharing your comments.

We thank you for your support and patronage and look forward to welcoming your family and you back.

If I can be of any assistance, please do feel free to contact me.