“Good hotel with not much to offer from their restaurant - Burgundy”

Royal Orchid Suites, Whitefield
Ranked #55 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Stayed their for 2 nights during the last week of Oct. It does feel like a apartment from outside ( & it is in between apartments & for a moment i wondered whether i was hitting the right place). Good and clean rooms. Everything else where fine except for their restaurant. The buffet breakfast was good but the food served for the dinner was a absolute let down. Their was a birthday party out in the restaurant garden and so was a group of some 25-30 who were their for a conference. The dinning hall was apparently noisy and crowded with people and no place to sit. We had to wait for more than an hour for our food. And you folks need to beleive that there were just 3 people out to serve for a some 75-100 people out in the dinning hall. One can easily understand the level of chaos it would have been when 100 people keep complaining that their order is not on the table even after an hour.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Sathishk
ChandanChaudhary, Front Office Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thanks for giving your review on tripadvisor.It was good to know that you liked our rooms and other services except your experience at Burgundy.Please accept my most sincere and heartfelt apologies for not being able to completely satisfy you on this aspect of your hotel experience.
We have taken up the issue very seriously and it gives me pleasure to inform you that keeping in mind the growing popularity of our restaurant we have have decided to add another kitchen and thus expanding our team also to cater the increased demand.

It is our endeavor to ensure all guests have a comfortable and hassle free stay with us, and we do understand how you must have felt on this account. Please be rest assured that due diligence on this matter has been given. That apart, I do hope had a pleasant stay with us.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future, and I would very much appreciate if you give us another opportunity to ensure that we can create a near perfect stay at the Royal Orchid Suites, Bangalore on your next visit.

Look forward to welcome you at Royal Orchid Suites in future as well.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Had a great stay & was surprised with a complimentary upgrade to a 9th floor Suite. The front desk staff & restaurant staff was very courteous . I would definitely recommend as one the best value for money Business Hotel.

Abhijeet

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank abhijeetkhanvilkar
Reviewed July 27, 2010

i stayed there for 15 days.. it was where our company provided accomadation till we could fine our own places to stay ..
the stay was good.. especially the staf..
woul always enquire of how we were.. and our prob were..
were ready to help us always..
but the food was not upto the standards.. the taste was awesome.. but options were less..
rooms were well kept.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel, it is situated at very cool n calm place with all moderate luxaries.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

I had a healthy doubt about the Suites part, and had expected a basic serviced apartment. Instead I landed in a suite I could live in forever. It was a very busy day startng at 4 AM to board a flight. Reached the hotel at 10 PM. The staff did not waste time in courtesies, and immediately ushered me to the restaurant for dinner. The dinner was a great buffet, getting over by 10: 30 but refills were still coming on. Had a genuine dry Szechuan chicken this side comparing with Shenzhen.

The suite featured a living room, replete with sofa and LCD screen. Led to a dining/ study, with coffee maker and a small dining set for 2, then a bed room with a king bed, another TV. The bath was extremely cleam with excellent toiletries. In fact all of this was squeaky clean. The pillow was excellent, and I slept like a log.

I had to leave the next day, but came back instead to sleep over and take the morning flight. They packed a good sized breakfast since the restaurant had not opened, and saw me off.

Its a bit far if the city is where you want to hang out, but great if you are on business or holiday where you get out in the morning and get back late.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
suitesbyros, Front Office Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

Dear Sir,

It was a plasant surprise to see your reveiew on tripadvisor. We thank you for all your feed back and assure that we will not leave any stone untouched to ensure an enjoyable and memorable stay for all our guests.

Looking forward to welcom you many more times at Royal Orchid Suites.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I'm actually in the middle of my second stay at this hotel. This is a great hotel - the staff incredibly courteous and will do anything to help make your stay more pleasant. My only complaints have to do with various little details:
- when my room is cleaned, the small tray with the complimentary coffee, tea, sugar, creamer, etc, is rarely replenished properly. I typically only use the coffee and the artificial sweetener. If I don't make a point of emptying the entire tray, it's extremely rare that just those items get replaced. Yesterday I emptied the tray, and it was replenished with everything BUT coffee...
- At breakfast, they seem very anxious to remove plates that you're done with - often with your silverware. Then if you're not done, you end up having to ask for silverware again.

Don't get me wrong - these complaints are minor. This hotel is a great hotel, and the service otherwise is first rate. The front desk will do whatever they can to help you with any aspect of your stay. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in the Whitefield area.

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your review on tripadvisor.At the outset let me apologoze for not being able to completely satisfy you on some aspects of your Hotel experience.It is our endeavor to ensure all guests have a comfortable and hassle free stay with us, and we do understand how you must have felt on this account. Please be rest assured that due diligence has been given on issues related to Tea/Coffee relenishment and breakfast service and we will correct this immediately. That apart, I do hope had a pleasant stay with us.

Look forward to welcome you at Royal Orchid Suites in future as well.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Right from the moment I stepped into the hotel to the time I checked out, each and every moment has been such a delight at the hotel. The staff has been extremely courteous and helpful and their mannerisms were great. The hotel rooms were spacious and well designed. The breakfast buffet was wide-spread and awesome. The dinner was good too. The transfers to and from office to hotel were pleasant and well organized. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all. Looking forward to visiting it again myself....
Great job folks, keep it up... !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
travelallround, General Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Suites.

It was a pleasant surprise to see your review on www.tripadvisor.com and we greatly appreciate your gesture and patronage. This is just a small note to say a big thank you for staying with us and It makes me extremely happy as general manager of the hotel to see that my guests were satisfied with the service and product on offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and do let me know if I could do something special for your next stay with us.

Kindest Regards,