“Comfort among confusions!!”
Review of S Hotel

S Hotel
Ranked #444 of 730 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hotel Quality Inn Shravanti is a higher end budget hotel located at the calm area of busy JP Nagar. However, the confusion starts with this. One might find it very difficult to locate the Hotel, unless you carry proper address and map. Recently the name has been changed from ‘S hotel’ to ‘Quality Inn Shravanti’, which further adds to your confusion. Despite of having an impressive lobby with friendly receptionist, the whole set up looked sleepy! Rooms are well spacious, clean with simple decorative furniture. I had a tough time getting running hot water, had to call 5 times. After wasting 30-40 minutes, they could rectify the geyser fault. Again total confusion! The restaurant at its basement serves good enough breakfast. I found the waiters etc. in a confused state. Dinnertime continental soup ordered was replaced and served with Indian spicy shorba! Food manager was giving a pep talk to waiters in front of guests! Room service was time consuming. If you a person with kind heart, who can forgive all stupid ‘confusions’, then it is the right place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DinRa

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We checked in the hotel in Dec 2013. We find very difficult to find the Hotel though the name said S hotel but no name board in that name, name board says Quality Inn.We past this hotel twice in the taxi.The sign board in the road are not clear.The Rooms interior is excellent. The receptionist lack in language .we traveled overnight in train and the time we reached the hotel is 5.30 am. the receptionist took more than 45 minutes to hand over the keys. My family I am 60 years old and my wife ,son daughter in law and one year old grand son waited till we get the keys.The receptionist demanded every body's ID card when we said one ID card is enough he demanded all.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Was there in November 2013 because I had to attend a official seminar. I was glad I would only be spending two nights in the hotel. The power went off thrice the first night shortly after I got into my room. The location is not exactly an easily located spot. It took me at least 25 minutes to locate the hotel after I reached Jaynagar...nobody seems to know the hotel & though I connected the reception with the driver the direction was very vague. Although there is a restaurant at its basement and it served good enough breakfast, I thought it was a little to dark for people to enjoy their meals (breakfast). The rooms were not as exactly that appealing as how the pictures look (another lesson on not to trust uploaded pictures). The hotel staffs were courteous but when asked for a smoking room they took a good 20 mins to do the same. The worst part is the checking out ....after you ask the bill they will send somebody within a sec to check what you taken from the mini-bar (the only time the assistance you ask for will come like djin of Alladin) . They will make you wait in the reception desk for at-least 15 minutes double checking & cross checking as if you have done a wrong y not having anything from the mini-bar!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will definitely request anybody to refrain from taking these hotel , as they show a star status..but show the attitude of a dormitory is to say the least.......

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

S hotel is booked by the travel agent - though the place is calm place (think residential area) - its a good place to stay but during my earlier visit and this visit I didn't find the crowd (which you expect from a good hotel) - in restaurant or bar.. morning you feel like coming out of hotel and breath some fresh air (think this hotel is closed from all sides - ventilation seems to be issue).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was there in September 2013 because I had to attend a course. I was glad I would only be spending two nights in the hotel. The power went off twice the first night shortly after I got into my room. The location is not exactly an easily located spot. Although there is a restaurant at its basement and it served good enough breakfast, I thought it was a little to dark for people to enjoy their meals (breakfast). The rooms were not as exactly that appealing as how the pictures look (another lesson on not to trust uploaded pictures).

Room Tip: Would not recommend this place...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I would not have gone to the S Hotel at J P Nagar in the usual course of things. But I had to since my customer had arranged the workshop to be conducted by us there.

It is a sleepy place and I guess none would not like to see a sleepy Front Office. The hall given to us was on the mezzanine and had very low roof. So low, I can touch it when I lifted my hands. And it has got some funny shapes which are tough to describe.

Getting one of the hotel guys to take my material box to the conference hall was in itself a challenge.

The Air Conditioning when started starts with a thud and makes the entire hall shake up. Despite asking for Coffee without Sugar, none heed. The restaurant too is so depressing and a narrow passage takes you there. Not at all an appetizing place to go, leave alone the food. Food too is just about okay.

Even the water they serve is their own brand of bottled water and I had to point out that the seal was open on many an occasion. And they did not nothing about it.

All I would say is I would not jump and go to ‘S Hotel’! Go if you have no choice!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here between 5-8 September . The Hotel was not so easy for auto drivers to find thus make sure you bring the hotel card along. Breakfast could have had more variety. Rooms were clean and decent and staff were helpful. Hotel is a 10 mins ride away from Royal Meenakshi Mall and Gopalan Innovation Mall. These are two malls to check out. Just outside the hotel there is a crosswords bookstore great deals on books there. Also there is a Aroy Thai rest on top of the same building the chinese food and thai food there is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family