“Good hotel - I prefer it to the Leela or Oberoi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Mercure Bangalore

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #69 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Portsmouth, UK
“Good hotel - I prefer it to the Leela or Oberoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Nice comfy 2-bed suite. It is like a European apartment hotel as you have a lounge and dining area with a kitchenette. Comfy beds, everything in the room worked (including hot water at all times of the day). Staff were exceptionally helpful. The pool is great with crystal - clear water, and is good for getting some lengths. Good gym with latest machines. Relatively nice, quiet part of town, very good for getting to the technology companies near the old airport. This is a new hotel (about a year old) so things work. I prefer its informal atmosphere to that of the Leela, which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I cleaned my teeth in the tap water and did not suffer any ill effects - there is a water purifier (aqua guard) to make yourself drinking water, and a nice big fridge. The spa was good.

Laundry expensive. The air conditioning was hard to control (sometimes it obeyed instructions, other times not). The electric safe came open by itself when we had a combination of power cuts (typical in Bangalore). There are annoying howling dogs nearby - (wish they were taken care of...) though this is standard for Bangalore.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Johnhampshire,
Greetings!!
Apologies for the delayed response.
Thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel. Thank you for sharing your impressions with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

I only spent one night at the Mercure Homestead, but it was interesting. The room was excellent. It had a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen area with refrigerator and a cooking range. The shower head was massive, but not adjustable for direction. The bed was quite comfortable.

The breakfast was really nice with lots of variety, but service wasn't all that good. They took a long time to bring us our paratha order, and kept trying to take away my colleague's plate even though she wasn't done eating yet.

The front desk was another strange experience. The person who checked me in insisted that I had to have an Indian address since I had an Indian passport. He wouldn't accept that I could live in the US with an Indian passport.

It also takes a while to find this hotel since it's hidden on the inroads of Koramangala, however at Rs.5,000/- per night, this was a way better deal than either of the Taj hotels we stayed at during this trip.

• Liked — internet access
  • Disliked — service and broken elevator
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Bluesmoon,
Greetings!!
Apologies for the delayed response.
We thank you for taking out time and reviewing us. we are glad that you find the room spacious and enjoyed the internet browsing experience.Thank you for your feedback on service,broken elevator and we have rectified the same.The front desk procedures have also been streamlined.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stayed here for 4 months on a business assignment accompanied by my family (2 boys aged 1 and 4)

Overall we enjoyed our stay a lot, the staff try really hard and our room (a 3 bed suite) was really well equipped (except for the kitchen).

The best bits are the beds which are truly fabulous, the breakfast buffet, the location - which for me was perfect, a quiet upscale residential neighbourhood - the pool, the staff and the enormous (52") television!

The not so good - the food in the restaurant was too fussy, didn't change at all and was massively overpriced. the drinks likewise. Rats in the apartment (3) and occasionally slow to glacial response to non-standard problems (rats for example). Finally the pricing of the internet was also ridiculously expensive and they will charge you for every single device so if you are like me and have a work pc, a mac, a touch then you will get charged 3 times - personally I think this is one of the more disgraceful acts of larceny in modern times ;-)

Overall I would highly recommend the Mercure, staying in a hotel for 4 months is more than enough for anyone and I'm convinced if I had been in one of the other hotels (Leela anyone?) I would have thrown myself off the roof after 2 weeks.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dear Velorution,
Greetings and Apologies for the delayed response.
We thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel.
We are glad you liked the beds,breakfast, pool and the TV. We have revamped our menus and now offer a global cuisine in buffets for lunch and dinner and special black board menu for Sunday. We also offer 3 devices now in the package. We have adequately managed to keep the unwanted pests away by engaging in professional service to ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests. And yes, we have bicycles for hire, kids play zone with X box, elaborate Sunday brunch, movies on demand and many more added features.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The location is a bit difficult to find and local cabs do not know of the hotel. Not many amenities closeby.

Excellent and well furnished rooms, with all the little bits u will need. The quality of furnishings was five star. The bed was amazing.

Staff were reasonably helpful, but not great

The food and other amenities are overpriced and probably even higher than those of a 5 star hotel. A small sandwich was around INR 500 rs which is high compared to other Indian hotels.

The Spa service was reasonable but not great, and again overpriced.

Be weary that all rates do not show the tax of 12% odd... this is for meals as well as other services.

Overall a fantastic hotel and one I would return to everytime I return to Bangalore.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Dear Wasimmehr,
Greetings and apologies for the delayed response.
We thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel. We have made a note of your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

I agree with the previous posters. The Mercure is a comfortable hotel in Koramangala in the middle of an upscale, quiet residential neighborhood. I got a roomy one-bedroom suite. The bed and pillows were very comfortable - a nice treat after a long flight.

Here are the things I liked
- nice friendly staff - they will bend over backwards to accommodate your requests
- very nice restaurant with a good selection of dishes. Believe me, I ate at the restaurant everyday for breakfast (nice buffet), and around 14 times for dinner.
- the restaurant is very clean - at first I was very hesitant to eat the salads, cut fruit, etc. I experimented by eating a small bite and eventually grew to a plate full of papaya, melons, etc. This is nice because I was craving fruit after 2 weeks of eating hot cooked food. I didn't suffer however your mileage may vary. I live in the US but travel quite a bit so may be more immune (I doubt it) than I think I am. I saw other guests from the UK, Australia, and the US ordering drinks with ice cubes. That should be another good indicator.

The hotel is new and in an out-of-the way location. The auto-rickshaws may not know where to find the hotel. The hint is to tell them to bring you to the BDA Complex is Koramangala, then tell them to go to 12th Main in Block 3. If you are not that adventurous or you don't want to suck in the highly polluted air, the hotel can arrange a car with a driver for you for around RS600 for 2 hours (that is about US$15). Not bad.

This hotel has 126 extremely spacious, well equipped contemporary apartments, and offers first class facilities with WiFi, a gym, pool and spa with treatment rooms. Though the hotel looks compact ,it has more facilities on offer than what you would have at home.

It is perfectly placed for business and leisure and has on offer a value for money especially for longstays. I would call it a home away from Home for people who travel frequently.

The service is outstanding and the staff goes all out to make you feel at home. what more can you ask - home style food , personalised service , an impressive and exceptional hospitality.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank freqflyer1832
Dear freqflier1832,
Greetings!!
Thank you for sharing your views and comments. I shall share your positive impressions with my team.
I look forward to welcome you back.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

My colleagues were concerned about the location (South-Eastern part of the city) but it did not take us more than 1 hour to get to the airport or to the office.
This hotel opened in early 2009 and has a nice warm and modern feel. The studio room does not look like the average hotel room, which is a good change!
Staff has been extremely friendly, smiling and helpful. We were also very happy to be given a room for 1 hour in the evening (after checking out in the morning) to refresh, since we had a red eye flight only at 2 a.m...not many hotels do this.
Bed is good, the only annoying thing is the noise in the room sometimes at night: for some reason I could hear the water down the pipes from other guests using their bathroom...the swimming pool looks very nice but I did not try it.
Restaurant is good value for money, and they have a nice selection of both Western and Indian dishes.
Would definitely go back and recommend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Hotelier68
Dear Hotelier68,
Thank you for sharing your positive impressions with us.
I look forward to welcome you back.