“Nice installation and friendly staff”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #62 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Stuttgart, Germany
“Nice installation and friendly staff”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was there for 4 nights for a business trip. The location is quite in a small street but with quick access to main road, at least by car. I did not walk in the area.
The hotel has a pleasant restaurant in green area and a very nice bar at the pool. The fitness center is complete and in a pleasant space with view to the garden.
The staff was always friendly and available.
The room was large and well equipped. Despite the air conditioning was too noisy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Fabio F

Thank you for taking out time and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.com

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and were happy with our services.
Comments such as yours, motivate my team to walk that extra mile to ensure the expectations of discerning guests are met and exceeded.
I shall share your positives impressions with my team.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangalore.

Tejus Jose.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I expected Mercure experience to be great but was disappointed. the breakfast was fantastic, Room was good but the bathrooms were miserable. You need to leave the taps turned on for 10 min to get warm water (not hot). the toilet flush has excess pressure and seems like the water would overflow from the closet. For all the claims to support the environment, nothing is seen in action. the draining in the bathroom/wash basins is mediocre.
There is a black coloured table kind of thing placed in front of the bed, which is mostly invisible on the dark carpet in the room. I hurt my leg twice walking across.

Room Tip: Go here if you want to avoid travel times in Bangalore traffic. Otherwise, you have much better hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Preshi

Thank you for taking the time out to inform us of the difficulties you have encountered during your recent stay with us. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our service.

Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder in servicing our future guests.

Your remark has been carefully noted and we can assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

This does not in any way reflect our usual level of service and we truly hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate service skills.

Warm Regards,
Tejus Jose
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is in a very quiet area with nice villas arround. It is also very close to a "lifestyle" mall where you can find every thing (20 min by walk). The room are very confortable and the service is good. Restaurant next to swimming pool is very pleasant after a busy day in Bangalore.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Nicolas B,

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My first stay in the hotel overall. During my last stay, it was my second and very well selected choice. I have been there during "winter season" in February '14. I was very pleasantly surprised by the attitude and very kind supportive and friendly staff, nice and spacious and clean airconditioned room with all comfort as expected and required.
I did not use of provided facilities as my work schedule did not allow it, so have no relevant feedback on those.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, as this is in relativelly quite and very safe location of the city. Very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Second floor works just perfect :)
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Marek J,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

this was my second stay in Grand Mercure Hotel after October 2012 - i like such middle size hotels with friendly staff, nice rooms, local and international food and drinks. The rooms are nice and clean. The Hotel is located in a quiet area of Koramangala

Room Tip: don't take a room close to the elevator
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear KDS575,

Gurgaon
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Located in the heart of Koramangala, this is a hidden delight to get into. Very well maintained, full of facilities that you would need for a business trip, spacious rooms, very courteous staff, great food - this is a perfect place to spend a few nights on a business trip.

The place is quiet and provides you the right atmosphere to relax and rewind after a hard days work in the traffic and hustle bustle of Bangalore!

Would definitely like to stay again at Grand Mercure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear VishrutGoel,

Thank you for taking out time and posting a wonderful and five star feedback of our five star Hotel.
We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the rooms, food, friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.
I have shared your positive impressions with my team.
We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangalore.

Warm Regards,
Tejus Jose,
General Manager,
Grand Mercure Bangalore.
Mumbai
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed here in the January'2014 for business for one night. The hotel is located in the lively locality of Koramangala. Stayed in the One bedroom suite which was spacious and very comfortable.Would repeat the hotel during my next visit to the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear NimeshMumbai,