Grand Mercure Bangalore
$137
$103
$81
  • Pool
The Leela Palace Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
$266
Agoda.com
$180
$119
  • Pool
All reviewsresidential areaone bedroom suiteaccor hotelspoolside restauranthotel is locatedpool sidesmall balconymain restaurantbusiness tripexecutive chefnice poollonger staydosasroom servicebreakfast and dinnerforum mallexcellent hotel
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Grand Mercure is a place to stay when in Bangalore. Although it is situated amongst very large homes, many which house dignitaries, there are many shops and restaurants are within walking distance.
The staff at the Grand Mercure truly makes you feel welcome. They get to know your name and your preferences - like they know I have black coffee every morning and have it waiting at the table. Another man whom I see every morning has a latte and newspaper at his table upon his arrival for breakfast.
It has a wonderful pool, spa, gym, laundry service and two restaurants. It's clean and comfortable and even has kitchenettes in case you want to make your own food (I am not really sure why you would as the food is excellent under the direction of the Executive Chef, Vijay David)! They are accommodating when you need to take a box lunch to the office and the in-room dining meals are fine too.
They have plenty of their own cars to take you to and from the airport and even for short distances. I have found them to reliable and very reasonable.
So when in Bangalore, stop by and check out this spectacular find in an upscale neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the front entrance - the many drivers have alarms and although not obtrusive (some sound like birds) it can be annoying if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear ORDFlier,

I wish to offer my sincere gratitude for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your choice of accommodation and for posting your five star review for our five star hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I am very pleased to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel, food and beverage options and the services provided by our team. Peace and quiet is our unique selling proposition in the lush green suburb of Koramangala. The park just minutes away from the hotel is an ideal place for our guests to go for a morning walk or a jog.

I shall share your positive impressions with my team and especially my Executive Chef David, which will further motivate them.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager.
Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good hotel. Impressed with the rooms which have a very modern feel. Food in the coffee shop is great. The chefs have been quite creative. Good service and suitable for the business traveller. Avoid the rooms on the ground floor as you can hear the movement of vehicles and people talking outside your window.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Vishal P,
Thank you for taking out time and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.com
We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the rooms, food and beverage options and our Chefs. I will share your positive impressions with my team
I have noted your feedback on the noise levels at few of our ground floor rooms and I will work with my Front Office Manager to curb it.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hi,

We came to India for 2 years reloction from Israel and stayed in Grand Mercure as temporary location until our house would be ready.
We are family of 5 and have been staying in the hotel for 30 days.
The hotel was excellent in any aspect.
Great food, great rooms (2 bedroom + small living room and kitchen).
Above all, the staff was amazing. Everyone made extreme effort to help us and were extremely kind and helpful. Any request we had was always fulfilled.

We certainly recommend Grand Mercure!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear GurHil,
I wish to offer my sincere gratitude for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your choice of accommodation and for posting your five star review on tripadvisor.com.
It makes me happy that you liked our signature two bedroom suite, food and services. I shall share your positive impressions with my team which will further motivate them.
As you are in Bangalore, I look forward to welcoming you back to any of our restaurants , our weekend escape package is also quite popular amongst fellow Bangaloreans..
General Manager,
Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Although the hotel is located in a residential area but I did not find any noise disturbance (even thought there is a playground at the back of hotel). The food is excellent (especially Sunday brunch was awesome). I felt the hotel room tariff is little pricey but that is party due to reason that it is an all suite hotel (with kitchen facilities in room). So if you are on pure business trip not required to do self cooking, the price is a mismatch to other similar category hotels in Bangalore

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park area on ground floor has less privacy if curtains are not drawn
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear SunnyTourist 2013,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and reviewing us on tripadvisor.com.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel and food and beverage options, especially the brunch. Peace and quiet is our unique selling proposition in the lush green suburb of Koramangala. The park just minutes away from the hotel is an ideal place for our guests to go for a morning walk or a jog.

You are right in classifying us as an all suite hotel and we have guests who stay with us for a long period of time, thus a kitchenette comes in handy. Our room size is the largest as compared to other hotels in our category and our guests appreciate the value that we offer.

It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. I shall share your comments with my Executive Chef and F & B Manager as well.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangalore.

General Manager,
Grand Mercure.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

If u need an Oasis in Bangalore, then this is it.
The rooms are huge and wonderful. Very comfortable. The food in both restaurant are great. The blue pool is a welcome relief at the end of a long day! The gym is very comfortable for workout. The spa has all the personal services needed. And the staff are wonderfully helpful. The location a little removed is in a residential area and you can go for a walk in the park next door. This is a great hotel. Relaxing, quiet, fresh, calm, clean, and super luxury!

Room Tip: upper floor rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear DuleepD,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Bangalore and for giving a 5 star review for our lovely 5 star hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I am glad that you liked our rooms, food and services. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the entire team.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.