“Weekend gateaway”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #80 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good location, greenery all around in midst of the Bangalore concrete jungle. Menu is slightly repetitive but quality is consistent. Peacefull settings and liked the pool. The Spa services not upto 5 star standards..

• Stayed: May 2013
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Rohit,

Thank you for taking time to post your experience and choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. Your feedback regarding the menu & Spa services has been duly noted. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here during a recent business trip and liked the room, complete with a kitchenette.
It was very comfortable and utilitarian but didn't look drab. My rooms balcony opened in a street which has a temple so loved the sound of aarti in morning.

Despite a very short trip, I loved the overall service (both in front office and service). It was fast, courteous and professional. The facilities on offer match many bigger names.

Dear Dushyant,

Thank you for taking time to post your stay experience and choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the overall facilities of the hotel. Our key strength has been clearly displayed by the service standards provided by my team members. I will share your feedback with my team which will motivate them.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed here four times in the last six months on business. I am generally very happy with the hotel and the extra for the one bedroom apartment is well worth paying. The location is good and I really do sleep well whilst staying here. The staff are courteous though sometimes a bit slow in the poolside bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room.
1  Thank melyn27042
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Melvyn,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice during your recent stay and for taking time to post your stay experience.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated our One Bedroom Suite and enjoyed your stay. It is always encouraging and motivating for the team to know that our guests are satisfied with our services since the team strives for this.

I have shared your comment regarding the speed of service at By the Blue with our Food & Beverage Manager. Steps will be taken to train & improve the efficiency of service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is not the big matter but there are not many dishes which I could eat at restaurant on my breakfast and dinner buffet, for Japanese like me.
Please consider to increase few more dishes other than Indians.

Dear Mr. Akira,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore and posting your stay experience.

We have noted your feedback and I have shared the same with our Executive Chef. We dont have many Japanese travellers staying with us hence the dietary requirement has never been added in our buffets & menu's. However we will try to check on the feasibility of adding this as a made to order dish based on account if we receive a reservation of a Japanese traveller.

Thank you once again & we hope to welcome you back to Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I generally love staying at Mercure whenever I visit bangalore for work and recommend all my colleagues to stay there. My most recent stay wasnt that great unfortunately. They have started to cut corners and start cutting cost down which you can see very clearly. One thing i loved about this place was, great food/breakfirst buffet/staff. They have started to cut down items from the BB buffet for certain. Once i complained, i was attended very quickly and i was told i can get any of those options if i need etc. I was rather disappointed this time even by their room service & attentiveness to detail this time even ordering food.

Rooms are clean/spacious and comfortable. All other amenities are very good but given my options in bangalore now, i would probably skip this place next time i visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool side so its less noisy.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your stay experience and for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice.

We are glad to know that you appreciated our rooms. We would like to ascertain you that we have not cut corners to save cost however over time with the increase in prices we have opted for alternative items/options which are more feasible and at the same time maintaining the quality.

I have personally informed our Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef to conduct an audit check of the In Room Dining food as well as trainings to be conducted to improve the quality of our food and services.

I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again. In the meantime, I remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

As usual, a great stay. Helpful staff, great rooms and brilliant service. Excellent breakfast buffet. For dinner, I usually prefer their Indian to western selection - dining by the pool is a lovely way to spend the evening.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your experience on Trip Advisor as well as choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. I am pleased that the team was friendly and assisted you during your stay and thus keeping our services consistent. This is a key element in today's hospitality business which differentiates us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for six days whilst on a business trip from Singapore. Truly a home away from home experience.
This hotel got everything right - from its fantastic location, overall appeal, room features, check-in/check-out experience, housekeeping, courtesy of the staff, prompt service to the overall stay experience.
Here's why I recommend this hotel hands down and why I look forward to staying here again when I visit Bangalore:
(1) Excellent location - extremely central/convenient and in a peaceful, posh and safe residential neighbourhood
(2) The hotel looks brand new and exuberates charm and character. It offers an intimate setting like that of a boutique hotel - great to see how this French hotel chain has adapted the local culture into its product and service offering
(3) Very efficient, professional and helpful team
(4) My room was spacious, well appointed and comfortable - not to miss the photographs of Hampi (home to a UNESCO world heritage site) in the rooms and floor corridors. The room had everything that a business or leisure traveler would need.
(5) The breakfast buffet spread was great. If I were to change two things on the buffet, I would perhaps replace the canned orange juice with fresh orange juice and surprisingly I didn't get the perfect croissant in the morning bakery selection (found them bread-like rather than soft, flaky from the center and flaky, crisp on top).
Grand Mercure Bangalore team - thank you, again, for your kind hospitality.

1  Thank TravelerNextDoor

Dear Saurabh,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for taking time to post your stay experience and for choosing to stay at Grand Mercure Bangalore.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of my team and enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our facilities and services. Your kind words have been communicated to my team who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

I have noted & discussed your feedback regarding the fresh orange juice and improvement of our croissants with our Executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.