“Grand Mercure Bangalore”

Ranked #67 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Sydney, Australia
“Grand Mercure Bangalore”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is great, I preferred the restaurant blue by the pool, is a great environment for dinner or lunch and the main cuisine is Indian, but other food is availabe
12th main the breakfast restaurant offers a good choice of cuisines.
The pool is excellent and well presented and maintained
The rooms are very comfortable and have a kitchen and utensils if you wish to cook yourself.
Wifi works well and there are many channels available on the TV.
The hotrel is located away from the business districts so there is travel to get to offices, but the upside is that it is located in a lovely residential area with a superb walking park adjacent.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and have no complaints about noise or any other issue (was overlooking the en...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Des P
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us whilst your visit to Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate you taking time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We thank you for complimenting the food choice. It will give me great pleasure to share your comments with team – I know how much they will appreciate what you have said.

My team and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Tejus Jose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Delhi
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Was booked here by a company and had no clue what to expect. My stay turned out to be excellent - the room was large and well appointed. The little attached balcony was tiny, but sufficient to step out for the morning cuppa and enjoy the famous bangalore weather. While there also spotted a small park with folks walking around so went down for a stroll myself - it seems to be a well-kept secret in a rather nice part of the city. the park wasnt big or anything, but was great given what most hotels in Urban india offer. One other bit I really enjoyed was the restaurant - excelllent outdor seating, lots of flowing water. Given that the hotel is away from main roads, it was quiet and pleasant. Highly recommend !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chetanmahajan
Dear Mr.Mahajan,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay. We have started encouraging our guests to use this park for the morning/evening stroll or jog as an initiative for a healthy life.

We look forward to welocming you back.

Kind Regards,
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It was my 4th time in Mercure in Bangalore and another pleasant experience. I'm not sure why, but this time Ii was given a bigger room, maybe because I'm a regular guest :).Food delicious as always and I gained 4 kilos in two weeks...

Tip for the transportation. The hotel caps are extremely expensive. Try to use city cabs, it is not that difficult.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my team.

Looking forward to welcoming you on your 5th visit.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went for an office party.Good ambiance, good service, good place for an evening chill out. i enjoyed the food, and music. Its near Koramangala BDA Complex,located in a quite neighborhood. Highly recommend this hotel for business or Friends trips. the service was promt the hotel pool is lovely to spend the evening with friends. The hotel is located little outside the city

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangalore in the near future.

Tamm, Germany
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Hotel is located in quiet surroundings. The rooms are big and clean. The staff is very friendly, helpful. A highlight is the cuisine of the poolside restaurant. Only one recommendation to the restaurant: red wine should be served at 18 degrees celsius. Room temperature in Bangalore means 28 degrees :-)

I'll be back, Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see my team made your stay comfortable.

I will share your comments with my Food & Beaverage team regarding the Red Wine & work on a solution for that.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed there recently in a two bedroom suite.The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood in Koramangala.The room was good,comfortable&clean.The service was prompt .The staff was helpful& energetic.The breakfast spread was good.I particularly enjoyed the south Indian breakfast options.The myore plain dosa with accompanying chutneys was brilliant.The outside sitting in the restaurant is brilliant .The hotel pool is lovely.The only drawback is that the hotel is difficult to reach & locate.Had a tough time telling the cabbie how to get back after a trip to MG road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank drkaditya
Dear Mr.Aditya,

Thank you so much for writing a review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comments with my team which will serve as an encouragement. I completely agree that it gets difficult for a first timer to find our property & will look at our street signs to improve that.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,