“A good place to stay for a couple of days or longer”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #62 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Holzmaden, Germany
“A good place to stay for a couple of days or longer”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel for business trips. During some stays and a longer stay in 2011 I could discover a lot of preferences of this hotel and enjoy.
* Location: It lies beyond the centre in a quiet region and, however, near enough of the IT city. Often it was helpful to say „nearby Koramangala BDA complex”. Very close there is a little nice park.
* Rooms: Big and very big rooms with bathroom, small kitchen and balcony. Everything very cleanly, brightly and completely fitted out. Wifi and LAN are fast and available, for it, however, relatively expensively. The air conditioner is in the 1-bed room at night also in the smallest step very much an auditory event.
* Restaurants: One of them is a standard hotel restaurant with a nice outside area. The other one is a nice closely to swimming pool especially for evening. Breakfast has a big variety from continental to India style. For lunch and dinner you have the choices of continental or typically India food.
* Staff: Always they are very friendly and very helpful. Management, waiter, the staff as well the room service.
* Other offers: adequate gym, spa area and lovely swimming pool. One of these therapists is experienced very much. Often twice a week Yoga is offered early in the morning.
* Transportation: Taxi service of the hotel is quite useful. Some of the drivers know a lot about the city and the region. Then there the taxi can be applied irrespective of price also for (small) day trips.

Room Tip: For a longer stay you should take a bigger room in higher floors with a well adjustable A/C because...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Bangalore. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us & experienced all the facilities.

Lets Make Good Things Happen!

Tejus Jose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Large room with kitchen facility, very functional room. Suitable for long stay : kitchen, big storing area. You feel more being in an apartment than in a hotel.
Bathroom is basic but clean.
Located in quiet area but you hear a lot other rooms flush!
Breakfast is good but not enough indian stuff for my taste. Good space outside to seat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Ms.Anne-Christine,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our Apartments have been designed to make a guest feel "home away from home". I have shared your feedback regarding the Indian breakfast selection with my Food & Beverage team so that we can look at avenues of improvement.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Msida, null, Malta
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel is located in a very nice quiet area with a main bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and balcony, very comfortable for a long stay. The staff are friendly and very responsive...when you ask for anything you get it within seconds. Breakfast has a good spread and is very good quality. Their taxi service is very efficient and can be booked at short notice. They notify you about anything that is happening by means of a note through the door which I found very good as it is not invasive.

Downside...it is slightly overpriced and everything is extra (such as b'fast) Wi-fi is severely overpriced and there is no real discount for people who stay for long periods at a stretch. The balcony is obviously not part of the room as it never gets cleaned. I had a feather in my balcony which stayed there for 3 days and was only removed when I asked them to do so.

I stayed for 4 weeks and I have to say I am satisfied overall

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Ms.Janella,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Grand Mercure Bangalore!

To begin with I want to you for taking time in writing to us about your stay . I am also glad that you have enjoyed our product & services. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We do have a exclusive long stay package with an array of inclusions suitable for our extended stay guests. I have informed our Executive Housekeeper to re-look in the cleaning process to ensure that all balconies are cleaned on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back. \

Hyderabad - Chennai
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After several unsuccessful attempts, I managed to secure a room on a clearly much in demand hotel. This is very good in every way - location, quality of property, service and value for money. The only problem is that not many people know where it is. I has spent almost 30min in the vicinity of the hotel and my helpful taxi driver who has been in Bangalore for all his life asked around for the hotel (12th Main is quite deceptive) and very few knew. It would help if the hotel had clear maps with well known land-marks on its website.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Grand Mercure. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & facilities at our property.

We will check the nearby areas & see its feasible for us to put up signs directing towards the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again.

India
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I live in Koramangala and find the coffee shop an excellent option for early morning breakfast meetings before starting the day. It is not too crowded so you can find a quite table for a business discussion. Breakfast is a decent buffet spread and the staff is happy to serve you anything on the table if you are in the middle of your discussion. There is also a live counter for eggs, dosas etc. I end up having at least one breakfast meeting here each week and find it to be a great value add to do it so close to my place of residence.
I have also eaten at its pool side restaurant last year and found it too very nice. We had gone with family for a sunday brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Have never needed to stay here though have heard from friends who stayed that it was a good experience. So overall a great option for people in Koramangala.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Mr.Neeraj,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We truly appreciate your feedback & are glad that your prefer 12th Main restaurant for your meetings. We do have meeting rooms available iincase of any larger meeting requirements.

I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

First hotel where Hosekeeping is the Best. Better than any other department. Housekeepers like Mustafa n Venkat went out of their way to make sure the rooms are perfect.
Room Service Very very slow. Restaurant foods too expensive for its quality. There lot of awesome Pubs n Resturant around this Hotel.
Front office are courteous. Professional while managing the query.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Mr.Yogesh,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received from Mustafa & Venkat. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that these team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced regrading our room service order delivery time& food quality. We are in the process of revamping our menu however I will address your concerns with our Head Chef & F&B Manager to ensure this situation is avoided in the future.

Warm regards,