“Ok for a short stay”

Ranked #62 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Ok for a short stay”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel due to a relocation from the UK. I chose it out of our 3 other options on the basis it offered a one bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. We were expecting to stay between 2 and 4 weeks so having some space in the room was essential.

The rooms are very clean and fairly modern with a large bed which was very comfortable. The bathrooms are a good size but they do not have baths. The kitchenette has a microwave and a small gas hob with some basic kitchen utensils. The dining/lounge area is an ok size and has a balcony. They have a lovely pool and the gym is adequate.

The areas I think they can greatly improve on are room services and food/beverage service outside of standard eating times. If you were here on business I don't think you'd have any issues. As I was at the hotel most days I found it very frustrating that I had to call up from the pool area to order a drink or something to eat. Unless I knew what I wanted it could take up to an hour just to get a burger. We also found that they catered for many corporate/special occasion functions and that resulted in its guest not being able to use the pool are or one/part of the two restaurants. I very much felt paying guests came second. The waiters in the restaurants were extremely friendly and efficient and I felt the overall hotel was letting its staff down by its general management.

On checking out after 3 weeks the hotel was insisting we should pay for the 4 weeks as book. We refused and told them to take it up with my husbands company. The week earlier they had forced us to pay the bill up to that date and I was very surprised with their attitude towards a large corporate client who's employees were spending a lot of money there.

Overall I think this hotel gave a poor introduction to a newly arrives resident to Bangalore.

2 Thank GlobeTrotter010
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear GlobeTrotter010.

Many thanks for your time for your review.

I'm glad that you appreciated the rooms & facilities of the property.

Please do accept my personal apology that we were not able to meet your expectations for room services and food/beverage service outside of standard eating times. I will personally look into the concern and see how we may improve on it.

With respect to your check-out experience, it's truly regrettable that it wasn't a pleasant one. The Team is already working on streamlining the process to avoid repeat of the experience.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to better our services.

With best wishes,
Hament Rai.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great genuine warm welcome on check in, shown to room. Apartment style, clean well appointed. Good small gym, nice pool and deck area. Coffee shop / breakfast room, not the best from a service perspective, good choice of buffet but quality and presentation could be improved. "By the Blue" out door dinning very good. Spa small but good value (very good massage).
A few things could be improved better quality coffee in rooms: al la carte breakfast options: freshly cooked: also better co ordination of pool closures for weddings and events. Some staff training, I hate people standing over me whilst i am eating, re filling my plate every time i took a mouthful of my dinner.
Overall enjoyed my stay and would stay again, with some better management and staff training
this could be a very good budget business hotel.

Room Tip: All the same i think
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Hello MikeEdw.

Thank you for your review, it's very much appreciated.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and like the facilities.

I understand your view about overdoing the service by the restaurant team and I will personally get involved to better it.

The Team and I do look forward to be of service to you again on your next visit.

With best wishes,
Pickering
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times on business and I always return- the staff are always friendly and provide a real welcome, the food is always great and the location for me is excellent!

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Hi lancashirelass002.

My heartfelt thanks for your continued support. It is really wonderful to know that the genuine efforts of the Team is appreciated and that we are able to make you feel at home with us :)

Rest assured that we'll always do our best to keep you happy .. Sky's the limit for you.

Cheers,
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel is rather quiet and small, but it makes the place cozy and relaxing. The swimming pool is nice, so is the gym. The hotel is modern and clean. I always try different places, but in this venue I stayed 2 times already, and I'll keep coming back.

Tip: If you use the hotel car service, bear in mind that the car is always late, so order it for few minutes before you actually need to leave and come earlier.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Bartos999.

Many thanks for your time to give us your review. Greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your compliment on the hotel facilities and it is really nice to know that we are able to meet your expectations. I also appreciate your feedback on your challenge with the transportation; I'll personally get involved to see how we may resolve the issue.

I am truly happy to read that you'll come back and we shall look forward to be of service to you again.

Best wishes,
Faridabad, India
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Its a very nice hotel but as a guest and an accor advantage plus member i didnt get a professional response from the staff. My reservation said

1 Bedroom Apartment 1 King Bed 7700.49 INR
Ultra modern and spacious apartment with a living room, designer kitchen and a balcony. Along with a bathroom with rain shower, it offers an LCD TV, DVD and CD player, USB port and WiFi access. Up to 2 adults and 2 children.
Members' Rate
Exclusive to Advantage Plus Members

When i said i should be given room with balcony they said it cant be done. i had specially selected this room because of balcony even its much more expensive ,as i stayed earlier also in same hotel with balcony and feel suffocated in closed room. As per the reservation text above it seems wifi is included but i was asked to pay for that. I feel a professional business should respect the commitment it makes with its customers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
AnujC, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Mr.SatishJain72,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Mercure Bangalore. I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Grand Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Unfortunately, we didn't have higher floor rooms with balcony available on that particular day and have made a note of your preference.

Best Regards,
Tejus Jose
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2012

In a quiet residential area but within walking distance of restaurants. Nandini Palace nearby on main road is a very good banana leaf restaurant. The 2 bed apartment was spacious, well equiped, comfortable and clean. Service was good. Pool was good. Food was good. No negatives really unless you want a noisy location. Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Hi Michael.

Many thanks for taking the time to give your review. It's very much appreciated.

I am glad that you had a good stay with and we most certainly look forward to having back with us.

Cheers,
Hament.
Gloucester, MA
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The Grand Mercure is perfect for business people on longer stays or families doing the ex-pat gig. They offer suites and apartments that are well furnished, clean and very nice. My suite had a full kitchen (full size refrigerator, sink, toaster, plates, glasses, utensils, stove top, microwave, etc.), a very nice bathroom, living area, deck with table & chairs), tv, and wi-fi. Given my schedule, I was only able to partake in the breakfast (sometimes for breakfast, but also for dinner) and it was fantastic. A great selection, cook to order omelets, pancakes, and Indian dishes as well as a great selection of other foods. The service is outstanding. My room rate included breakfast and wi-fi, so check into that before you book. It is located in a sort of residential area and you do need to take transportation anywhere you go. But that also means it's quiet with no traffic at night as well. The comment about nobody knows where this hotel is located is absolutely true. Nobody knows. So make sure you have the address and phone number handy. As good as a Marriott? Nope - better. My length of stay was 6 days on this trip. I'll be back.

Room Tip: There are no 'views' worth mentioning. So just make sure you get the right size and package...
1 Thank benchoff
Hi benchoff.

Thank you kindly for your support, review and generous feedback.

I am truly delighted that you had a memorable time with and will be on your next trip. The Team looks forward to it :)

I would like to add that if it suits a long stay individual .. then you can't go wrong with a short stay too.

Till we see back, best wishes.