“Great service”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #64 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business visit for 4 days (16th-Jan-12 to 20th-Jan-12 room no 016)
Poor location in some residential area. Need cab or Tuc tuc to go to nearby places. Not a single cabi in nearby area knows location of the hotel and need to call hotel all the time for direction.
Room dining was pathatic. Very little choice and food quality was bad.
Stupid hotel policies that charge you for entire duration at check in.
They cost you Rs. 800 for a drop to location which is 8KM away..
No complimentary internet access and breakfast (Although this can be excused as a part of plan chosen)
They changed my room rate in between the stay (offcouse upwards) and then brought it back when I protested behaving like headless chickens.
They provide gas burner but no microwave.
TV has not more than 12 working channels and most of those regional with poor quality picture
Oveall disappoiting from a so called global chain.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Mr.Patil,

Thank you for your feedback.

We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you in relation to the location, TV channel selection and Food options in In room dining menu. We have microwave in all rooms and we are pretty surprised that your room didnt have one!

I do wish to personally assure you that we have incorporated your feedback and are in the process of placing adequate signages around the hotel, have more than 250 International and national channels to choose from and have revamped the In room dining menu options.

I sincerely hope you will choose our hotel and give us another opportuinity to serve you once again.

Warm Regards,
Tejus Jose
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed for 6 nights on a business trip with one day for looking around, at a rate of about 110 Euro + breakfast and Internet at about 15 Euro combined.

While outside the center of Bangalore, the hotel located on a quiet side street in Koramangala is close enough to "everything". Restaurants are a 10 minute walk away, shopping can be done at one of the largest Malls (Forum Mall), 10 minutes by car or Motor Rikshaw (Tuc Tuc).

The location also provides calm and quiet when required. Perfect.

The rooms are all very spacious suites, with a full kitchen, fridge, coffee making facilities and 2 bottles of drinking water provided for free. The mini bar was well stocked at very affordable prices. The rooms have a large living room area, with flat panel tv (international programs), DVD player and good sound system for music.

A large bedroom with very good double beds, is partioned of by sliding doors and feature individual aircondition. The bathroom is large, with a large shower area and very good products - you virtually don't have to bring anything, toothbrush +++ provided.

The entire place is very well maintained and kept very clean and inviting - housekeeping was outstanding, including the reasonably priced laundry services. Both restaurants / bars and the pool area are inviting and very nice places to get together and have a drink - also reasonably priced.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding with many good choices of hot and cold dishes, fresh juices and fruit. In addition one could order eggs in all shapes and styles, waffles or pancakes. Dinner was very good as well, but I have only tried the "front" restaurant with a bit more simple menu than the "By the Blue" restaurant in the back.

Internet connection worked very well throughout the entire compound at very good speeds.

The service personell, from reception, housekeeping, restaurant staff were all outstandingly friendly, service minded and always smiling - they really make you feel welcome and no request is to small or to big. Probably the best I have ever experienced.

You just know that they will take very good care of you.

For transportation You can grab a Tuc Tuc right outside the hotel and it will cost you less than 2 Euro to go to many place in Bangalore, or you can get a car and a driver from the hotel, which I did on one occassion. For 15 Euro you can get a (air conditioned) car and a driver 2 hours - well worths every cent.

I did also try the spa, and it was fantastic, steam bath and a 50 min full body massage, herbal tea and relaxing afterwards - outstanding value for the money!

If I was asked to mention one negative thing ... The only thing I can come up with is the price of the bottled sparkling water ... but that is such a minor thing.

If I ever go back to Bangalore, this is the place where I will stay - no need to try anything else.

A bit of advice on Bangalore (the hotel has nothing to do with it):

- Traffic can be terrible for the first time visitor
- Go shopping in the "Commercial Street" area, you will find "brand" stores there
- Visit Forum and/or Garuda mall for a couple of hours of good shopping. Be prepared to buy larger sizes than in Europe
- When shopping for handy crafts, silk and cashmeer, go to a "state" shop or to a store of a weavers co-op. If you buy several items, always ask for a discount - 10 - 20% are always possible without to much fuss.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor with a balcony. I was unable to open the ground floor windows (which is...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank OlafDietzler
AnujC, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Bitcowboy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Grand Mercure Bangalore! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We will be more than glad to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,
Tejus Jose
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 11, 2011

While the hotel may appear to be located little inside from the bustling Bangalore, it is still in the heart of the city at Koramangala. With this it provides both access to olaces and also a calming environment for your stay in Bangalore.

The hotel is well maintained and very neat. All the facilities like swimming pool, restaurants are clean and lively. Servicing is also quite good. Food options were good and tasty.

Room Tip: Swimming pool will be a better view compared to the residential view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Venkat178
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Hello Venkat178.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Each review gives us an opportunity to identify our strengths & weakness so that we can continue to better ourselves.

I am truly delighted that enjoyed your overall stay at Grand Mercure Bangalore. Like you, I too love the fact we are cosily nestled in a prime residential district but with ease of accessibility to the rest of the city.

Very glad to know that you enjoyed the food and beverage options here and we appreciate your compliments of the well maintained facilities.

The Team and I wish you well and look forward to be of service to you on your next visit. See you back soon.

Marktbreit, Germany
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed 6 nights at the Grand Mercure Bangalore for business purposes and I paid € 130 per night. The rate included airport transfer, breakfast and internet connection.
The staff was very helpful, serviceable and outstandingly friendly during our whole stay. We had to cancel our last night, which was accepted without any problems. My colleague wanted to change her room, because of an uncomfortable noise that was coming from the roof, which was accepted without any problems. They arranged transfer for us to shopping malls and other spots, no problem.
My room was on the highest floor, towards a backside of the hotel. Therefore, it was very calm, no noise to be heard, neither from inside nor from outside. The room was rather a suite, as the sleeping room was separated by a sliding door. The living room was huge and equipped with a large flat screen TV, a large sofa, a dining table with 4 chairs and a well-equipped kitchenette. 2 bottles of drinking water were provided for free every day. An electric kettle was at the disposal of the guests, tea and coffee was refilled every day for free. WIFI and cable connection was working well and reliably, the air-conditioning was ok, too.
The sleeping room consisted of a large and comfortable double bed. There was another air-conditioning in the bedroom, the same model as in the living room. It was pretty loud, so that it wouldn’t have been possible to keep it on at night. Since the temperatures in Bangalore were rather modest during our stay, this wasn’t a problem.
The bathroom was well sized, perfectly clean (as everything in this hotel) and well-equipped. The shower was very large and very comfortable.
I gave some clothes to the laundry and they were returned to me in a good state and on time.
I tried breakfast a couple of times and it was delicious. They offered a large choice of typical Indian dishes, as well as things visitors from continental Europe and America wouldn’t like to miss. Only the coffee was really not recommendable.
We also tried the bar and the restaurant, which are really excellent. The food was very good and also the service and ambiance was very nice. Everything is perfect in this hotel and the good news is that the prices are really fair. We had the dinner buffet a couple of times which cost us only ~ € 10 per person, for a big choice of all kind of Indian and international dishes. A cocktail costs you around € 5 and a beer around € 2. The pool area is really beautiful and invites you to take a drink at night.
The security service seemed to be working very well, too.
The hotel is situated in a very quiet part of Koramangala, South-East from the Bangalore city centre. There is nothing directly around the hotel, so that you need to take a taxi if you want to go outside of the hotel. Commercial Street is around 45-60 minutes away from the hotel, the airport is 40-50 minutes away, depending on the terrible traffic in Bangalore.
Overall, it was a very good experience and I can recommend this hotel to all kind of travsllers, tourists, families with children and business people.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Schackel
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Hi there Schackel.

I enjoyed reading your review very much too, thank you so much for it.

I am overjoyed that you had a marvelous experience with us & your generous compliments have most certainly made my day :)

It is great knowing that you really enjoyed the facilities of the hotel & I am especially delighted that your interactions with the staff was truly enjoyable.

Let me assure you that your review will spur us to strive even harder to ensure that we meet every guests' expectations.

Thanks once again & we shall look forward to having you back soon.

Melbourne
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I've stayed several times - the most recent was over Divali. Rooms are an exceptionally well thought out mini apartment, with a full kitchenette and sitting area separate to bedroom. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Breakfast buffet is great, as is the Indian a la carte dinner menu. Western options are okay, but not mind-blowing. For dinner, eat al fresco at the By the Blue restaurant. Used the spa, which was okay, but not great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank TravellinAnge
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Hi there TravellinAnge.

Many thanks for your support and for taking the time to give us your review. Greatly appreciated.

I was delighted to read that you have a lovely stay during your stay and that you were especially impressed with our rooms. As they say "when in Rome ... ", I am glad that enjoyed the Indian cuisine & we will strive harder to refine the western element.

Thank you once again and the Team & I shall look forward to having you back with us on your next trip.

Till then, our best wishes to you.