“On the costly side, but oh so lovely”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #60 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Melbourne
“On the costly side, but oh so lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I've stayed several times - the most recent was over Divali. Rooms are an exceptionally well thought out mini apartment, with a full kitchenette and sitting area separate to bedroom. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Breakfast buffet is great, as is the Indian a la carte dinner menu. Western options are okay, but not mind-blowing. For dinner, eat al fresco at the By the Blue restaurant. Used the spa, which was okay, but not great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank TravellinAnge
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Hi there TravellinAnge.

Many thanks for your support and for taking the time to give us your review. Greatly appreciated.

I was delighted to read that you have a lovely stay during your stay and that you were especially impressed with our rooms. As they say "when in Rome ... ", I am glad that enjoyed the Indian cuisine & we will strive harder to refine the western element.

Thank you once again and the Team & I shall look forward to having you back with us on your next trip.

Till then, our best wishes to you.

Hament Rai.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Grand Mercure was a great place to stay. The hotel and staff are great. Breakfast was unbeatable. The restaurants and their settings were top quality. The rooms are large suites, which while wasnt needed, was nice. It was a great place to escape from the daily grind of the city.

Areas to improve: the spa was nothing to brag about. They should put a little more into it to make it more enjoyable.

I'll definitely stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank jmano0
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Hi jmano0.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to give your review after your stay.

It is truly heart warming to hear that you had a marvellous experience and enjoyed the luxurious room, the restaurants and the interaction with the Grand Mercure Team :)

I have noted your comment of our spa and will definitely revisit how my team & I may improve on it.

Thank you once again & look forward to seeing you back soon. Till then, our best wishes.

Nagpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

We were very focussed about looking for a decent hotel to stay in the Koramangala area as all our friends live abound the area. I was pleasantly surprised to find a accor group hotel in the area. I'm a regular at using there IBIS and Novotel brand. Th mercure was a first for me.

We had a one year old traveling with us for the weekend trip. We wanted to meet a lot of friends, be able to enjoy and spend time with them over the weekend and also have the necessary things to keep the baby comfortable. The apartment rooms with a pantry served the perfect combination to help us achieve our goal for the weekend.

Hits:

1. Professionally managed as in case of all accor hotels.
2. Apartment unit helped us with keeping the baby comfortable, including a noise free room to sleep while we socialized with our friends. The pantry was a huge help for getting food prepared for the baby and arrange our bar requirements.
3. There is a very nice park near the hotel, which served as an excellent place to take the baby out for morning and evening walks.
4. The food and staff at the restaurants were excellent.
5. The check in and check out were well managed.

Misses:
1. They forgot the fruit platter in the room the 2nd day.
2. The weekend packaged had free wine or liquor which was forgotten.
3. Public transport around the hotel is difficult to get, they must have provision to provide local taxis or autos for guests wishing to use local taxis instead of the higher priced hotel transportation.
4. A free pickup from the airport or station should be a must have in all accor brand hotels in India.

I wish to take the opportunity to thank the staff of Grand Mercure Bangalore for making our weekend a memorable one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TycoonLeo
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Guest.

I thank you for your support and taking time to give us your generous review. I am extremely delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us to your expectations.

Appreciate your detailed account on the hits and I am glad to hear of it. The misses highlighted are even more valued as we now know our shortcomings. Please do accept my apologies on behalf of my team & rest assured that I shall make it up on your next visit.

We will take your point 4 as a point for discussion and review and on the note of point 3, as a safety and convenience measure, we encourage hotel transport and will readily facilitate should public transport be needed.

Thank you once again for your review & look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Mercure Bangalore in near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Grand Mercure,Koramangala, Bangalore. The rooms are excellently furbished and maintained. First time in my life, I could find that every room had the LPG Gas connection with burner stoves and a toaster. I had my grand daughters visiting and I made toasts for them. They were so delighted with the quality of toasts that the toaster gave. I myself also had more than two toasts. The breakfast spread was excellent. The parathas and egg omlets offered for breakfasts were out of the world. The cleanliness in the hotel and rooms was excellent. The most exciting part was that the guest relation staff was the best, except one thing that during my breakfast I was continuously trailed by a Manager for the reasons known to him. I sometimes felt insulted and humiliated the way he was following my movements, as if I am not required in the hotel. Except these incidences, I was happy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank GUNAJIRM
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Hello Mr GUNAJIRM.

I thank you kindly for your valuable time to give us your review. It's greatly appreciated.

It gives me great pleasure knowing that you were impressed with the cleanliness, enjoyed your interactions with the staff & especially loved our toaster and the food.

I have personally noted on the trailing experience & will share with my team so that suck awkwardness is avoided.

Thank you once again for your review & we shall look forward to return visit soon.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is a reasonably clean and servicable hotel in a neighborhood area of Bangalore. It is about 45 mins from the city center.

The hotel decor is kind of groovy (late 80s, early 90s Euro style). The breakfast dosas in the Cafe is good, dinner is so-so. I did not try the main restaurant there.

There are packs of wild dogs and pigs wandering around just outside the hotel which is kind of interesting to see.

If you have a day free, hire a good driver to take you to Mysore and the Maharajah's palace there, it is awesome.

Room Tip: Get a high-up room with a view of Bangalore city
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank WildRoverFromCA
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Hi there WildRover.

Thank you for your review & comments. Very much appreciated.
Hope to see you back soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

The locality was very good compared. However the toilet(room 522) gets wet whenever a shower is taken as the bathtub level is higher than the fitted apron and water get trapped all around the tub and spills over to the ground flooding the floor.
TV is sophisticated and complicated that even with assistance can never workout.Channels never connect to normal TV and satellite. Just a plain TV would have been much better.All the equipment are very costly but do not do a simple job.
Lighting is too dim(we like it BUT no lite to read. At least must have one bright lite to read something)
Very far from town and can not get a taxi unless ordered and it takes a long time to arrive. To order a hotel taxi is very expensive.
Charges very high for internet services.
Staff are very very friendly,helpful and excellent. Food at the Hotel is very good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Dear Traveller from Colombo.

Thank your for honest feedback. It's a valuable learning & opportunity to improve our service.

I have duly noted your comments on the shower, TV remote & lighting challenges. I have already set things in motion to have them rectified soonest.

With respect to internet charges, in all honesty; we are one of the lowest in Bangalore for a product of our caliber.

I thank you once again for your time & do hope that you be back so that we may try and meet your expectations.

coimbatore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the service at this hotel. Very nice location, quiet. Food was good and very helpful staff

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chetanbg1
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Hi chetanbg1.

Thanks for your review, it's very much appreciated.

I am very happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised .. to say that your experience was a memorable one.

We do hope to see you back soon.