“Can't be faulted”

Ranked #28 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
Ayrshire, Scotland
“Can't be faulted”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I'm not sure why this hotel is listed as Whitefield rather than Bangalore but it really can't be faulted. If you are travelling to Bangalore and doing business anywhere on the Whitefield side of the city then you really don't want to stay in the city centre (unless two hour commutes in Indian traffic are your thing). The hotel is very new, but unlike other reviewers I didn't find it half finished. Its large enough with several different bars and resraurants so that you can avoid the feeling of "house-arrest" that sometimes comes from hotels which are not exactly on the beaten track - not that outside the hotel is particularly dangerous but the xray and bag search on entry does tend to put you on edge. Rooms are well appointed and stylish, food is very good and all the staff are exceptionally attentive.
Best points: the buffet brunch on Sunday -superb
Worst points: the outdoor pool isn't particularly usable in the mornings or evenings, an indoor one would have suited me better; the price of whisky!; flaky wifi access

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Zuri.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
Bangalore
Reviewed December 2, 2009

The rooms are very luxirious. They have good Jacuzzi to enjoy. They give special offers on food and beer, which are really really attractive, when there are any big tournaments like T20World cup, IPL, etc. The service is great.

• Liked — The bed was very comfortable
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank akhil_1007
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 21, 2009

I stayed at the Zuri Whitefield for business and it's location was perfect - much better than traipsing in and out of Bangalore twice a day. The hotel itself is great. The reception area is impressive and full of staff eager to help you. The bedrooms are large and well equipped and the bathrooms have great rainshowers.

The food in the hotel is also excellent. The 24 hour restaurant (Kahwa) serves great indian and european food, the pan-asian restaurant on the roof is hot hot hot (!) and the italian restaurant serves very tasty pasta. The lunch buffet in Kahwa is great value and Sunday brunch is definitely worth getting up for! The food service in the hotel can be a little quirky - but if you just go with it - you'll be glad you did!!

The hotel also has a lovely pool with very pleasant pool attendants, a great spa (with better prices than other hotels I have stayed in in India) and a 24 hour gym. It also has free wifi everywhere, a very good and fast laundry service and a convenient airport pick up and drop service.

The main plus for the hotel though has to be the staff. They are friendly and welcoming (without being in your face). From the attractive asian ladies on the roof to the crazy barman in Bling on the ground floor the hotel is full of great characters. They're always pleased to see you and will go out of their way to help you out. They certainly made my stay a much easier and happier one.

If I have to go back to Bangalore I will most definitely be staying at the Zuri.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank SparksMoore
Melbourne
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I have just stayed for 2 weeks at the Zuri in Whitefield. If working in the ITPL I can higly recommend this hotel for its convenient location, new clean rooms and attentive service.
The hotel decor is a little over the top for my more muted design taste, blending a few too many influences for my liking (70's neon nightclub, african game lodge, lots of chandeliers) but this is kind of part of its appeal. The hotel collected us from the airport in a clean new very comfortable car (the driver waiting 3hrs for our delayed flight). The staff (of which there are thousands) were almost over-attentive in their eagerness to make our stay enjoyable. As there were only 12 guests in this brand new 180+ room hotel we certainly were looked after. The pool deck and bar are superb. The variety of food excellent. The staff friendly. The gym and spa excellent. The room was well equiped with a super comfy bed, a great turndown service, superb marble bathroom with excellent rain water style shower.

Overall I would highly recommend to anyone who needs to work in the ITPL. Why battle the traffic to city hotels when this new hotel is only 5-10 mins from all of the major corporations.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Bac0
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I had been to Bangalore two previous occasions but had always stayed in the city center at 5-star luxury hotels, far away from our Whitefield business office. The car ride was long and tiring. Fortunately, the Zuri had recently opened in Whitefield so I gave it a shot. It was worth it.

The hotel had only been open for a few weeks so not everything was open yet. Their main Asian-fusion restaurant was not open nor was their breakfast buffet (coming next week they said) nor their brick-oven pizza (coming in a month) oven. However, their gym, pool, bar, and Italian restaurant were open.

By American standards, I would consider this a very good 4-star hotel. It is definitely a notch below the 5-star hotels in the downtown Bangalore area. But for me, the hotel has everything I need for a business traveler. The wifi in the rooms was fantastic. Download and upload speeds were 1.8-2.0Mbps (I checked it out) and it was a breeze to get that working. The beds aren't Westin-quality beds (these are a little firmer but still very nice) but the down comforter and pillows were. The bathtub is very large and has a nice shower head from the ceiling. It's definitely a trendy hotel (see pictures). The rooms closer to the street may be a little noisy during the day, but at night it was not an issue. (the hotel is right on a street -- not set back from it much)

The pool was open and looked nice. I didn't get a chance to use it. They have a spa and massage service which I wanted to try out but didn't have time. I did use their gym facilities and they are outstanding. They have 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 elliptical machines, free weights, etc. You can see what's there from the pictures. I used the elliptical both mornings. The gym has set hours but they will open it for you 24 hours a day if you ask. (I did it twice without an issue)

The staff bent over backwards to make my stay a pleasant one, even if most of them are new (and seemingly new to the industry). Given that things are quite new, they are still working through a few things. Checkin took a while -- they didn't seem to have my reservation. I had to show them my reservation code and it still took a good 5-10 minutes. Getting a breakfast (since there was no buffet yet) took some time (longer than I would have liked) and dinner at the Italian restaurant took a while to get our food. Again, I was patient and expected minor inconveniences given that they had just opened. The food at breakfast was very good (they have an American breakfast -- eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, pancakes, waffles, etc.).. the food at the Italian restaurant was fantastic also.

The rates were very good. It was something around 5800 Rupees a day without breakfast.. and 500 Rupees more per day for breakfast. My guess is that their rates are low to attract people to their new hotel.

The location is in Whitefield so it was a mere 10 minutes drive to my office. That was so much better than the 1-2 hour drive from the center of town. The hotel is situated near nothing eye-pleasing. (yet) The view is nothing to write home about. But then again I was not there for a view.

The laundry service was good and prompt. Checkout was easy. I would definitely stay there again. It was a very pleasant stay. I could not give it 5 stars on TripAdvisor only because some of the things took longer than expected. (as mentioned above) If you are patient while they learn their system and hotel, it is worth the stay if you need a luxury hotel near tech offices in Whitefield.

I have a few more pictures (only allowed to post 10 here) of the hotel.. contact me if you want more info.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank cheersman
London, England
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I visited Bangalore for the third time on a Business Trip since last year. I was informed by my Travel Agent in England that there was a new 5 Star Luxury Business Hotel in Whitefield. I leapt with joy as my travel time to and from work would be minimal.

I was AMAZED with this new Hotel from beginning to end. What struck me as the most unbelievable experience was that I was taken care of so well from the moment I landed at The Airport until I was dropped back to the Airport. What I find astonishing about this property is that The Zuri Whitefield has barely been open for one month. Whilst I was expecting teething problems, I was very surprised to see that my stay was as perfect as a stay in a Hotel that has been open for more than two years!

As you reach The Airport, you are welcomed with a smiling and very polite Chauffeur. I was escorted to a very eye - catching Black Car with the Zuri Logo - very impressive and can be seen from far. The car was very comfortable and the scenic yet rural drive to the Hotel was a mere 45 minutes.

The entrance is very grand and the lobby opulent. As you walk into this unique property, yo feel a great sense of openness. The Interiors are very tastefully done and you feel that you have walked into a European Hotel that has a Boutique design to it. I was immediately greeted and escorted by Guest Relations to the Front Desk where my check - in took less than two minutes. The lifts were slightly slow and one was out of order. But then again, the Hotel has been open for only a month, so I was not expecting everything to be perfect.

The rooms are fantastic! I have never seen such beautifully designed rooms. The rooms are so unique that this Hotel almost seems too plush when you enter the room! The bathrooms are great with a wonderful rain shower - ideal for the Business Traveller.

I was able to sample Kahwa - The All Day Dining as well as Incanto - The Italian Restaurant. Both were excellent. The Italian food was authentic to the core and the wine selection was very good. Kahwa server World Cuisine which was excellent. I also spent time at the beatiful Lobby Bar - the design was amazing, and the service even better. Unfortunately, the Pan - Asian Lounge, Sake, was not ready as yet, but I have seen the preaprations for it - a top floor terrace outlet which will definitely hold the life of the Hotel. It is scheduled to open by March 6 2009. The Poolside Bar & Grille - Ibis is also very nice. Overall, the service was amazing and the food beyond expectations. The product is far more superior than any other Hotel in Bangalore.

I am definitely staying only at The Zuri Whitefield in the future!

• Liked — The Interior Design, The Service, The Food and The Extensive Dining Facilities
  • Disliked — The Spa was not operational during my stay.
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Robert582
UK
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Buyer Beware!

Most of the reputable hotels in Bangalore were booked up because of a tradeshow. We thought we were lucky to have bookings at a newly opened 5 Star hotel. Oh how wrong we were.

The Property: When we arrived we were welcomed by the overwhelming smell of fresh concrete. To our dismay we discovered that the hotel had only been "open" for a few weeks. Less than half the rooms were functional and one half of the hotel was a construction site. Of the two lifts only one was operational (with a superfluous "security" man to helpfully press the buttons for you) and even that broke down once while we there. The picture of the property on the hotel website is incredibly misleading - that is an artist's impression/fantasy! The actual hotel looks nothing like it.

The rooms: The room are ambitious in scale and scope but fails to pull it off. The electrics were erratic and crackly, the TV was an enigma to operate, and the air conditioner struggled. The decor was trying to come across as eclectic and ultra modern but instead came across dark, heavy and depressing. The finish of the rooms was amateurish (paint flecks have already started coming off...). They provide a kettle but not much else. We had to ask for teabags, sugar etc. I was moved once (the owner wanted to use the room!) and a colleague moved once because the air conditioner was making a racket and struggling.

Restaurants: As I could make out only one was operational (barely) - the Italian. Food was pretty dire and the espresso machine broke down. One colleague got a cup of hot milk and another tasteless, muddy espresso. Nothing else seemed operational including the pool.

The upside (kind of) - the staff were very helpful and meant well but at times to the point of being in the way. They were trying their best - trying to manage with their hands tied behind their backs. They need a whole lot more training. Uniforms would be a bonus. Jeans, shirts with sneakers somehow do not send the right message.

I could go on and on endlessly. But the absurdity did not end there.

To round up our magical mystery tour - The owner (a pleasant young man) said he was surprised to see us (a group of non-Indians/locals) in the hotel! He had to ask us how we had heard about the hotel! He seemed incredulous that we chose his hotel!

Verdict? A total rip-off. Felt incredibly let down as we had paid up front through travel agent and at the end of a long business trip to India did not have the energy to make a stink - An amateur operation trying to pass off as a 5 Star hotel with 5 star prices to boot. There are better hotels in Bangalore.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business