“Awesome Luxury Night”

The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
Ranked #31 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I would say that amongst all the hotels that i have stayed at in Bangalore the Zuri, whitefield would be rated at pole position on my list.

The front desk and concierge are extremely cooperative, warm and welcoming. It being my wedding anniversary was made special all the more by keeping a specially cake at the room.

We had a special candle light dinner at the Indian cuisine restaurant in the pool side. Exquisite grilled food is what is served there. We loved the ambiance to the core.

The have multiple restaurants which serve different cuisines like continental, Indian, Thai, Italian and some more. The pool service is special among them.

The room was decorated for honeymoon couple and it was an awesome experience and surprise for my wife. It was neat and provided with all facilities.

All in all it was value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield,Bengaluru !!

Thank you for staying at The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru & taking out time to give us your feedback and valuable comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Stay with us, as well as our various Facilities and the Services we provide at the Zuri Whitefield.Such comments coming from you is indeed of real value to us !

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible "Zuri Experience" while in our care.We have passed your comments to our Management Team & Staff; thank you for acknowledging their efforts and hard work.

We hope to see you again in the near future and I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience, so please ask for me. Wishing you the very best.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

i had an overnight stay at zuri. The service was brilliant, courteous and very professional. their pool side dining area is brilliant for a candle light dinner. room was comfortable and the hotel was well lite with good interior.. morning breakfast buffet had lot of options with both indian and continental food.. the stay was worth and would always recommend to my friends/relatives

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are good
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is one of the most disappointing stays I have had in a so called "5 star" hotel. I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the gym is very well equipped. But that's pretty much where the "good stuff" ends. The front desk staff is indifferent (the housekeeping staff were the most hospitable!)..and also a little lazy I think. I had provided some data that they needed to associated with my account on the first day (airline membership number etc.). Much to my surprise, when I verified this on my last day there, they had not bothered to enter it, despite the lady asking me to write it down when I checked in!

Oh and by the way, there's a 20% chance that you will be left in the dark...literally! I used the hair dryer one night, and there was a loud bang/spark and the room went dark. They sent someone to fix it..who arrived 10 minutes later with a ladder but no torch or assistant. So I had to hold up my phone to provide him light while he fixed the fuse....a 5 star apprentice to an (undeserved) 5 star hotel.
Coming to the food...they claim to have the most elaborate breakfast buffet....it is elaborate but there's no variety if you're staying more than a couple days. I found the Indian section very spicy and have no idea how the guests from out of country ever manage to try this food. It's not just the lack of variety...the taste is very average- be it breakfast or dinner - room service orthe coffee shop. I've never tasted such bad, soggy idlis in a place like Bangalore!

I think there are much better, more viable options in this area and you'd be best served to avoid a place like Zuri.

Room Tip: Away from the main road, higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru !

At the very onset please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Rest assured that the points you have kindly mentioned have been addressed with the relevant Departments & Management. We thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention; this will enable us to improve our service levels even further.

Also as mentioned by you in regards to Airline membership number; would be grateful if you could send the number once again in order for me to check & see if the same has been uploaded by us & the points credited to you.

Your experience at the Zuri is what matters most to us, and will always remain a priority.

We hope to see you again in the near future; giving us another opportunity in making sure we deliver the Service & Standard which all Guest's of ours deserve. Wishing you the very best.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Perfect hotel for a business trip, Service is professional and courteous, spa is divine and airport shuttle was mostly appreciated.
Only small regret, capuccino at the breakfast restaurant could be better :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Second time staying for a week.
Second time having the entire management running around apoligizing for misstakes they made.
Their pickup/dropoff service is the worst - standing somewhere in Bangalore waiting for a pickup that never happens trying to communicate with Zuri is the most frustrating experience that I can think of.
Breakfast and food is good, the rooms are nice as long as everything works. If something is broken there is another story.
Quality of soap/schampoo is really poor so I recommend bringing your own.
Not really what you would expect from a Hotel that claims to be 5(7?) star.
Traffic and constant noice from some dumpster destroy the nights.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru !

Rest assured that the points you have kindly mentioned have been addressed with the relevant Departments & Management. We thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention; this will enable us to improve our service levels even further; we are also looking at revamping & changing few of our products as mentioned in your mail.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at the Zuri for six nights during a business trip, my first visit to India. The hotel is clean and tidy, the food good (with a wide buffet selection at breakfast and dinner). I didn't try any of the other restaurants. It sits near a busy road and although convenient for offices in Whitefield, there's really nowhere to walk to.
I would have given this hotel four, maybe five stars but for one thing: some of the staff. Most are very pleasant, personable and helpful. However, the guy who runs the hotel shop is annoyingly over-the-top. Get within 20 feet of the shop and he's all over you like a rash. Worse was the guy at the front door. On arrival, he took our suitcases on a trolley to our rooms. I took mine into my room and shut the door whilst he helped my colleague. Moments later, there was a knock at the door and there he was, insisting he had to show me my room. When done, he stood there, clearly waiting for a tip. I had no money, was extremely tired and this was the last thing I wanted. Later in the week, the same guy pretty much pulled a bag out of my hand, insisting he had to take it for scanning, but he was clearly only interested in a tip - again. It may be a western view, but for me this isn't acceptable and not what I expect in a higher-grade hotel. Shame, because this aside I liked the Zuri very much.

1  Thank bhmathome

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really enjoyed my recent stay at the Zuri. The room was very comfortable, clean and well stocked. The shower was great, with loads of hot water. The Laundry service was fast and reliable. The staff were all very good - from reception to the buffet restaurant to the Infinity Bar on the second floor.

There was a good choice of food at the buffet restaurant where we ate most days. Breakfasts were delicious too - I even re-discovered my love of peanut butter and jam on toast!

One minor gripe - no draught Kingfisher!! (and even ran out of Kingfisher one night...according to the barman)

All in all, an enjoyable stay and I'd love to be in a position to go back there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

rahul.kanwar@thezurihotels