“Review worth to read”

The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
Ranked #31 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I can point so many good things about this hotel, the people are friendly with a great costumer service. However what made my stay better was that one day I started having a big pain. I went to the lobby and as soon as I arrived the move everything. They took me to the hospital, they were pending about my health all the time and all the staff even the people I never met asked me how I was doing. Be sure that here you are more than just business, you are a person. The food in the Karibo restaurant is awesome, they cooked for me chicken vindaloo even that It was not part of the menu. Thanks to all, looking forward to visit soon.

Room Tip: I was in the forth floor and the room was great
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank abecedario13
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield,Bengaluru !!

Thank you for staying at The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru & taking out time to give us your feedback and valuable comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Stay with us, as well as our various Facilities and the Services we provide at the Zuri Whitefield.Such comments coming from you is indeed of real value to us !

We hope to see you again in the near future and I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience, so please ask for me. Wishing you the very best.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Go to the Poolbar you will enjoy it! or take the elevator to the 9.floor. this is also very nice, cool spot and a need bar!
Next time i will stay over Christmas, i will bring in a different Chrismas-song CD , sometimes you need to chance to another CD :-))

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bjaeger
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield,Bengaluru !!

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible "Zuri Experience" while in our care.We have passed your comments to our Management Team & Staff; thank you for acknowledging their efforts and hard work. Moreover as mentioned in regards to the music CD,we are deinitely looking at having a variety at that end.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My friend and I had been to this hotel on a Saturday evening to have some good time at the pub and later catch up for dinner with some friends. Since this was our first time at the hotel, we were lucky to be greeted by Mr.Akshay who was attending the front desk that day. It was very nice of him to take us around the property as I had plans to come back later. The staff under his direction ensured that our experience at the restaurant was good. I think overall it was a right decision to come at the Zuri. Oh, I was also surprised by the F&B prices, which are kept very reasonable, unlike other 5-Star properties in Bangalore. I think except for the noise that comes out of the pub, which can be very disturbing if you're sitting at the lobby, everything else was just great!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Suvish V

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Zuri has simply amazing ambience and the antiques used in room are grand. Your stay makes you feel special and you are sure to be satisfied. I just loved my time in there. The swimming pool in the hotel is beautiful too. If its Bangalore its Zuri!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the first time I am giving 5 out of 5 stars to any Hotel on Trip Advisor.

And they deserve it. From the fantastic spa, to excellent oriental food on top floor, to great buffet to good rooms to fantastic room dining to fantastic drivers - there is very little I can fault.

I stayed last year and I long to go back. My only criticism and this is only in comparison to their otherwise high standards is that the main lobby restaurant looks a little lack luster. And, they suffer from what a lot of hotels in Bangalore (other than Park Plaza) suffer from - low quality dessert options in buffet.

Tip: Checkin at 11:30 and order Paneer Makhani with Naan. And sleep with heavenly taste.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went for the New Year Celebrations 2014 and came back honestly with loads of disappointments.

After reading lot of reviews on TripAdvisor we selected this and contacted the Hotel directly and asked for a pool facing room which was well allotted but the pool wasn't functioning during our check in dates which was never informed to us while booking by the Hotel Sales Director

New Year Celebrations at Zuri was no where close to our expectations and not at all worth the price that they had offered except for the good food and breakfast in the morning to be honest.

Liquor served at the venue/ celebration gave you only 3 options of which 1 brand for vodka, 1 for whiskey and 1 for bear which they had poured out in 100's of glass (vodka & whiskey) during the 31st night and which we tasted really bad and also mixed with water, they did not tasted original liquor atall..(7500/- per couple for an entry ticket not worth at all)

DJ played all horrible songs and could NOT engage most of the matured crowd during the celebrations.

We never felt the personal touch and care during our complete stay at Zuri even during the breakfast venue where we had to literally look out for a help/ assistance for more than 2 minutes for a fork even though there were more than 20 staff roaming around the breakfast venue, Zuri staff doesn't really care for their guests and honestly they don't have an eye for such detailing which you typically get in any star hotel in Bangalore if compared to..

For 31st Night celebration, we went to Bling Pub and found the arrangements including liquor- Only 3 varieties were available, as mentioned above), even after 8.30pm they did not start with the snacks and we had to remind them to serve snacks which started after about 15 min delay at 8.45pm with more than 5 couple waiting for the servings.

Feedback Inside the Hotel Room-
Weighing was kept inside the bathroom which was not working

After we took bath, lot of water was clogged which did not drain out because of structural flaw while designing the water outlet and slope.

Minibar rate card was kept in the room without any items in the minibar and the refrigerator was completed empty to our surprise.

A/C Duct was teared/ broken and you could see through the wall above our room, you cant expect this scene in a Star Hotel

On the new year night there was nobody to pick up the call when we called for clearing, after repetitive calls they sent a guy who cleared our cups but we asked for replacements which never happen till morning, this was incomplete service experience without detailing.

Cable TV wasn't working for sometime in the morning next day and when we complained the lady at the other end said its a vendor problem and instead of looking at a solution reminded us to vacate and check out the room by 11am, this was really shocking since we had clearly asked for late checkout the next day which was well accepted and agreed the Hotel Sales Director but was not conveyed rightly at the reception and was quite embarrassing.

On check out next day morning, we informed reception to keep our bills ready and send assistance for baggage clearing which didn't happen for more than 20 min and we had call back to remind them, room boy did arrive for our baggage clearing but it took more than 30 min for him to carry our 2 baggage's from 4th floor to ground floor and we had to wait outside the hotel lobby near the parking waiting for our baggage.

Zuri staff doesn't care about your feel and experience and no sense of detailing, they are very far in terms of service standards and customer delight in comparison to any star hotel here in Bangalore and have a long way to go while they could achieve that.

I can only wish them good luck and advice the senior staff of the hotel to take personal interest in addressing these major issues so that they can have repetitive business.

Having this scale of experience at Zuri i do not advice any leisure traveler to visit them because they would feel disgusted and disappointed in the current levels of customer service.

It may be ideal for a business traveler who has a close proximity to his work place and who hardly finds time to avail the service and amenities of the hotel during his/ her stay but for somebody who is in for a leisure stay experience with family, i would certainly not recommend this at all, unless there is a drastic change in the service levels.

Room Tip: Do not go for front facing rooms because of the high traffic on Whitefield main road, also select th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashish_Jalota
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Mr. Jalota

A Happy & Prosperous New Year 2014 from The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru !

At the very onset please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Rest assured as per our conversation today morning all the points as mentioned in your email have been already addressed with the relevant Departments & Management. We thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention; this will enable us to improve our service levels even further.

Your Guest’s experience at the Zuri is what matters most to us, and will always remain a priority.

Mr. Jalota as you have been a loyal supporter of Zuri, we hope that you will return to us as discussed so that I can personally see to the arrangements. I know that this gesture will not diminish the inconvenience that was caused however, it is our way of thanking you for your understanding and patronage.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We (4 families) decided to celebrate the new year eve with Zuri and opted for their overnight package. I really want to thank all the staff of Zuri for making this evening really special for us. Inspite of a huge crowd, there was no compromise on the customer service and each and every staff member greeted guests with a smile.
Typical of Zuri, every thing was so perfectly organized that there was no chaos in any corner of the hotel inspite of 3 parties going on simultaneouly.
The rooms were spic and span and the room service was also good.
Thank you Zuri.

Manish

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are surely quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family