“Excellent week long stay”

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield
Ranked #35 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 4, 2014

From the moment I arrived nothing was too much trouble. Hotel staff are exceptionally accommodating from reception to the waiters to the housekeeping. I kept being asked if they could improve anything at all. In my opinion they couldn't improve, they were excellent. Food was good in the ground floor resturant with a good selection of all types of European and Indian cuisine. Breakfast was Continental or American or Indian. I used the bar a few times which was situated on the top floor, outdoors but undercover. I changed sterling to rupees at the hotel reception with little trouble. I didn't have time to use the pool but it looked good.

Room was comfortable with a good selection of essentials, plenty of bottled water and a comfortable bed. If I return to the ITPL I would stay here without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
SunilTa, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, our teams goal is to make sure our guests feel very comfortable and are very happy with our services, that our lovely guests enjoy their stay at our award winning hotel. We believe that nothing really is too much, and that with a little flexibility in accommodating and anticipating guest needs - we make them comfortable in Bangalore, India.

There are newer reviews for Vivanta By Taj Whitefield

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I spent 3 nights in Vivanta Hotel in ITPL Bangalore during a business trip.
Someone was waiting for me at the airport with a clear sign for the Hotel and my name which help me located it among a forest of similar hotel signs.
The car was a decent small sedan in good shape with the colours of the hotel.
The trip used to last a fair one hour but thanks to a new flyover which has been completed it lasted approximately 45 Mn with the sparse traffic at 1AM.
I reach the hotel in the middle of the night but the security check and the check in was a slick affair.
I got a room on the back of the hotel overlooking the swimming pool (#344) which was very quiet by opposition to the rooms which are closer to the main road and tend to be noisier.
WIFI Internet was included in my corporate package 24/7 and was quite seamless to setup. Moreover 2 devices were permitted which was perfect for my iphone and new ipad air equipped with good.
The room is simply but nicely and modernly decorated with a shower facing the swimming pool but no bath
The breakfast is served in well lighted high ceiling space facing the swimming pool.
The service was prompt and polite.
The choice was a bit better for Indian food than for European food but adequate in both cases.
The expresso was decent, free and served promptly as meny times as you want.
The hotel has also a spa which is a bit pricey but nice as in most of TAJ hotel.
The check out was efficient and I could rebooked the car to the airport easily 2 times as the flight back to Hong Kong was delayed twice.

Overall a fine and well run business hotel at walking distance from the company offices located in ITPL.

Room Tip: Take one as far as you can from the main road and your nights will be peaceful
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of our hotel. Our team works hard towards meeting expectations of our business travellers, in offering an optimal environment and services for

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have decided that it's about time for my first review for two good reasons:

To give back to the tripadvisor community and to the kindness of all (and I mean all) people at Vivanta:

I am very sure you might be able to find a more "fancy" hotel in Bangalore, and if your business isn't about staying in Whitefield, well it's certainly not the best choice.

But for me it is - because I have yet to make a better experience than the one I am allowed to have right here in this hotel (I am about to leave the hotel later today...):

Everything needed to have a great start into the day,is given at Vivanta:
A nice, quiet room with a cozy bed, a fantastic (!!!) breakfast with a selection that won't start becoming boring even after a 2 weeks' stay, a nice outside pool, a gym with everything provided a gym should have, a nice sauna and spa experience if you are up for that - it's all right there.

But, and that is what makes the difference, the very best of this hotel is about their people:
Maybe I didn't spend enough effort yet to search for it, but I simply haven't found a single soul among the people working for Vivanta who would not be EXCEPTIONAL nice, friendly and considerate.

My recommendation: go and give it a try - and then tell me I am not right.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank DieterKaufhold

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all of us at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, Bangalore, I would like Thank you very much for your generous review of our hotel, particularly about our staff. As you know, the Taj has a long tradition of hospitality, and we at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, now a 5 year old brand, take immense pleasure in receving feedback like yours.

Thank you again for staying at the Vivanta By Taj Whitefield Bangalore

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

A great experience and personalized service. A very efficient and courteous front office staff . A very well kept property with lots of business travel. Good buffet options and menu. The location for business travellers working out of Whitefield is superb. Walking distance to the office.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy you emjoyed your stay at our hotel, We strive to offer an optimal business and yet relaxed and personalised environment for networking opportunities among top IT companies within the International Tech Park, Bangalore.

Director Of Sales

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The staff here are amazing, nothing is too much. They are all friendly and helpful.
Everything was very clean and well kept.
The breakfast is outstanding, with a variety of fresh food. I loved the pool, gym and sauna.
The restaurant and bar are nice, and there is a new shopping mall just across the road which has a few shops and restaurants too.
Great spot in a great city!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MukutChak, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review, We aim to offer a green park-life hotel environment that will not only facilitate its function as a business hotel, but also encourage social interaction and exchange on a myriad of levels.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

As a lady travelling alone I was a little apprehensive about travelling to India on business. However there was no need the staff at this hotel are brilliant and nothing was too much trouble . The latitude restaurant was excellent for dining alone and the staff were very attentive. The rooms are lovely I had 336 which overlooked the pool and it was spotlessly clean with thoughtful touches such as flowers and nail clippers. I hope to,return to this hotel next time I am in Bangalore. Thank you all for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MukutChak, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful review, in 2011 we were awarded among the Top 2 Hotels in India for Women Business Traveler by travellers today. We have been continuously on the programme ever since.

We are delighted that you were happy to stay at Vivanta by Taj Whitefield. Bangalore. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to Bangalore

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed in the Taj from the 31st March until the 11th April. All the staff were really friendly and nothing was a bother. Breakfast was really good and great choice. The food at dinner was also really nice, and also there was a good choice, the waiters were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The bedrooms were a bit small but bed was really comfortable. The pool area was lovely but there was not enough beds if it was busy. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Bangalore and hopefully I will be back one day soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the recommendation. Our hotel has have been designed keeping in mind the Global traveller and with services and interiors that are made with the knowledge of specific function and purpose it needs to deliver in order for the user to have an ‘authentic’ stay experience at our hotel.

Thank you again for your favourable review.