“Relaxed environment, friendly staff, great breakfast, good restaurant”

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield
Ranked #38 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The traffic in Bangalore and the resulting traffic jams are something to be seen to be believed - if you are staying in the wrong location you can spend hours in the car getting to and from the office.
If you are working in Whitefield, well, the Vivanta by Taj is an excellent choice. The hotel is modern, the rooms - while not luxurious - are perfectly adequate. The floor to ceiling windows create a bright and airy atmosphere.
There is a Jiva spa on site (which I did not use, the facilities looked very nice though). You can sit aound the pool if you have spare time; we were spoilt with a succession of fresh fruit and scoops of ice cream.
Breakfast offers something for everybody ranging from curry to Asian soup to waffles - and anything else you can think of. The staff are great and nothing is enough trouble for them.
You can have dinner in the main restaurant (where breakfast is served) and there is a very good restaurant onsite (Terracotta).
I asked for a hotel pick-up from the airport, the driver was waiting for me in the arrival hall.
There is a large mall, Phoenix Mall, which is easily reached by taxi or tuk-tuk. the mall next to the hotel is very limited.
My only complaint: I would have preferred a bath as well as a shower.
There is not much to do within the vicinity of the hotel - but it is very easy to get a taxi from the hotel to take you anywhere in the city.
I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ACL3112
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked our thoughtfulness and attention to customer satisfaction.

We look forward to having you stay with us again

Regards

Mukut Chakravarti

There are newer reviews for Vivanta By Taj Whitefield

Reviewed January 18, 2013

the food was yummy. The service was good. The ambience is very very good. It is surrounded by many trees...which is rare these days. Its located right inside ITPL....and just awesome. One must go here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Annabeth_04
Reviewed December 26, 2012

When you arrive in India for the first time, you are really impressed by the quality of service at the Vivanta Whitefield. On arrival, my card key was not working properly. I found an employee nearby and he opened the door. I gave him the key and 2 minutes after I had a new one. Before the departure, during the last dinner, they offered me a dessert with written "See u soon". Very nice service and people. Indian tourism has a lot of potential.

Room Tip: Be aware not to be next to the street which is out of the area.
1  Thank leonardo_1964
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked at Vivanta whitefield per recommendation of a colleague. The hotel is close to the IT park where I had meetings. Rate was very reasonable. Landed in Bangalore airport and had a car waiting for me at the airport. The journey from the airport to the hotel took us one and half hour. Roads were ok and with no traffic jams. Upon arrival, the staff carried by carry on bag and the receptionist took me straight to my room where he completed the check in process in my room! excellent and ultra fast service! Within less than 5 minutes I was in my room and ready for dinner. There was no traditional bar to have a drink so went to the coffeeshop and had a drink there. Then ordered food and as usual got a delicious indian food. Prices are very reasonable. The room was very simple but had everything I needed and it was very clean too. Staff were very polite and helpful. The only problem is there is nothing to do and no wehre to go after work. So had to stay everyday in the hotel and watched TV. Bottom line, good hotel for a day or 2, close to work but longer than that you will get bored. Would I go there again? yes because there is no alternative!

Room Tip: Do not count on doing anything else but work. So the shorter time you stay the less bored you will b...
2  Thank Fredsingapore S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had the utmost pleasure at staying at Vivanta by Taj last week whilst on business in Bangalore. After a tiring trip to Bangalore, it was nice to be met by a beaming smile and a personal check in, whilst having a refreshing glass of orange juice.

Then personally escorted to my room, which was modern in cool tones of white and oak, with a lovely view of the blue oasis of the swimming pool, the host ensured I had everything I needed before leaving me to settle in.

Attention to detail was everywhere you went, from the housekeeping to concierge, restaurant teams to chefs, a warm welcome was extended. Every staff member had one concern, ensuring their guest has a perfect and comfortable stay - nothing was too much trouble, nothing was ever too much a problem and never a grumble heard. Mind you, it was difficult to ask for anything, as the staff anticipated every need.

This was truly welcoming at the end of a hard day at work, to be greeted with a smile, a how was your day, and can I send a beer to your room Sir?

Dining is a true experience at Vivanta as well, excellent breakfasts served in Latitude, as well as lunch and dinner that was either a la carte or buffet - with a fusion of pan-European, Asian and Indian dishes.

I choose to eat at Terracota most evenings, and after my first visit, one of the chefs Kooshi, introduced herself, and then took it on herself to suggest meals each evening that were then prepared with the utmost care and delight - the food was stunning.

I will definately be back this hotel - truly the best experience for many years! Thank you Vivanta!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's all been said by the enthusiastic guests below. Wonderful service from everyone! Jinesh, Nitu, Sajid, Ron (both of the them), Rashi, Kimberly, Arun and many others I should name. The hotel senior management is friendly, approachable and very much in sync with what harried business traveler's need. When I return on business, regardless of where in the greater Bengaluru area I will be working, I will definately stay here. If you get a room facing the ITPB park or a 'lawn' room, it will be super quiet and a very nice respite.

The mall next door isn't your typcial American-style mall. There is a well-stocked supermarket in the basement (no need to buy bottled water cuz it's free at Vivanta!), a nice Indian department store on the first floor, shoe repair, dry cleaning/laundry even less expensive than the hotel, and my favorite store ... Ahad. See Bilal and he will hook you up quickly with the right shalwar kameez for your visit. Much more comfortable than any western wear. He is a true designer. And if your expense account needs a little break, the roof top food court is excellent and so cheap your accounting staff won't believe it. Part of the seating is open air which is lovely on a hot day.

I just can't say enough good things about the hotel, it's charming and intelligent staff, and the quality of its management. You will not be disappointed if you stay there!

"Didi"

ps: I was confused by some reviewers comments of 'no bathroom doors.' Actually there are doors that separate the bathroom areas from the sleeping areas, and also doors to each facility itself (toilet and shower), but they are glass which some seem to dislike. My sister and I had no problems or issues with privacy.

Room Tip: Facing the lawn is quieter, but the outside bar "Tease" does play loud music until about 1...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VLD_60
AjitP, General Manager at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Didi,

Thank you for your kind words. I am sure this will help our associates to be inspired to do even better.Many of our associates are waiting for a picture of yours with the T shirt with all the staff signatures. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Maahesh S Aiyer

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at Vivanta after having a bad experience at Park Plaza, Bangalore. From the minute I checked in the place felt right. The room is not big, but are very well designed and appointed. Desk very comfortable, giving a homely feel. Nice desk charis to work in. Beds comfortable. Decently priced mini bar.
The pool is large enough to swim laps and is open 24 hours. I believe so is the gym and a lounge. Free evening drinks and snacks at lounge for guests. In room dining was very good, which generally suffers in other hotels.
I had a complaint about one of the food items I ordered, and they were very prompt about it, did not charge for it. Next morning when I was at the breakfast table, the staff identified me and conveyed to me that they had fixed the problem. They had discarded the batch of salmon. The exec chef too wrote to me a day later about the problem..
The only negative is internet in rooms is not free. But if you access the lounge its free 24 hrs.

Room Tip: Ask if they have pool facing rooms. Its really delightful.