“Nice location, Comfortable Stay”

and 1 more site!
HM Suites & Studios
Ranked #155 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I and my wife stayed at HM Suites & Studios for two nights on our Business + Leasure trip to Bangalore. The best part about this place is its location. 5 minutes walk to MG Road, Brigade Road and also close to a bunch of restaurants around St Marks Street, Vitthal Mallya Road etc. Commercial Street, which is the shopping hub of Bangalore is 2 km away. You are right in the center of all the action, and most of these places are walkable.

They call it a "Apartel", as it was originally a apartment building converted into a hotel. The suite we were put up was was comfortable, clean, cozy with a nice king size bed. Even though its a little old place, about 15 years old, its been maintained fine. The room had wooden flooring as well as wooden wall panels behind the bed. Had a small fridge, Almirahs with digital safe, a small LCD TV with Tata Sky connection. A working desk with a comfortable cushioned chair. Bathrooms were tidy with comb, shampoo, shower gel, soaps etc. which my wife liked.

They have a rooftop restaurant and cafe. The complimentary breakfast is served at the open cafe which is nice. It also has a small gym on the same floor as cafe. Breakfast was very nice with variety of food including Idli, Wada, Bread, Aaloo Paratha, Oats, Pancakes, Juices, Tea, Coffee etc.

The reception area on the ground floor is nicely done. They had fresh flower vase near e elevator. Staff was courteous and helpful. What I liked was they had our names printed on a label on the newspaper delivered to our room in the morning. Shows they look after those tiny details.

The only issue could be the noise in the morning due to Girl's School being adjacent to the apartel. If you prefer a drop dead silence, you may get disturbed by it.

All in all, we had a nice and comfortable stay at HM. They also have a restaurant at the Church Street which is on the way to Brigade Road from HM. If you are looking for a value for money stay, right in the center of the city, this is a good place to be.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
HMHospitality, General Manager at HM Suites & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Greetings from the desk of the Head Hospitality !!!

Firstly, I would thank you for being our guest ,and the team at HM Suites & Studios was happy and much pleased in serving you.

Secondly I should definitely appreciate you in giving every detail of HM Suites & Studios in a much explicit manner and also motivating our creative side and making us feel yes! it does get noticed and here being appreciated for it.Thank you once again.

The team at HM Suites & Studios is much geared up to do their best for the guest as these kind of appreciations are the best motivation tool for the team.

We all look forward to serving you all over again.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed August 3, 2013

good location, very close to mg and brigade road. breakfast is good and plus point is sometimes they even serve in the room. rooms are spacious and bathroom was pretty clean as we asked. overall thumbs up for the property

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the desk of the Head Hospitality !!!

Thank you very much to be our guest and indeed its a great pleasure in serving you.

We also appreciate and thank you for taking your time and putting your comments on Trip Advisor which not only helps travelers but also motivates the team in doing better and better.

Thank you once again and we look forward to have you as our guest.

Thanks& Regards

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Got chance to stay in this apartotel.. yes it is like an apartment and its a hotel. its quiet near to the market, and location of the property is really good. Its a budget hotel as compared to other hotels in central bangalore... food was delicious... I enjoyed my stay at this hotel alot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vaarun
TANUSHKALALL, General Manager at HM Suites & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Mr.Varun,

Greetings from the desk of the Head Hospitality !!!!

We are more than happy to see that your stay at our Apartotel was up to your expectations.

We give a major importance to the quality of the service performed by all our team and appreciate your feedback on our friendly staff. We hope you had a wonderful trip in Bangalore City ! We are really thankful that you took some of your time to review our Apartotel.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit Bangalore City!

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Going to Bangalore on a business tip, I wanted to stay somewhere with a central location and with a bit of a local feel. I specifically didn't want an anonymous corporate hotel, where I couldn't even tell which country I was in. Reading the reviews, HM Suites seemed like a decent option.

I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice.

I spent six days there and was overwhelmed by the amazingly friendly service I received. This description is accurate for every single staff member I encountered, from the great, funny guards on the gate, to helpful guys on reception, and the very sweet people serving breakfast on the terrace.

The room itself was massive (which made it feel a bit spartan), well-equipped, comfortable and extremely clean. The AC worked well (important!) and they had supplied me with an iron/board on request. The bathroom wasn't 100% "western corporate" standard (ie was a little run down) but was acceptable. It's probably the one thing I would point out as needing improvement.

It IS an Indian hotel, catering mostly for Indian business travellers, so while there are western options for breakfast, the Indian ones are better. The relaxed breakfast, eaten while reading my free daily newspaper on the beautiful leafy terrace under shady umbrellas, was a highlight of each day and the South Indian specialities (idli, sambhar, uppma etc) were fantastic and exactly what i was looking for. The other guests mostly seemed to have breakfast in their rooms, which I could not understand at all!!

I also had room service twice and the food was good value and tasty.

There is no beer at the restaurant, which may be a problem for some, but there are plenty of places to have a drink in Bangalore if that's important. I only ate breakfast there anyway as I wanted to try as many local restaurants as possible.

The room WIFI was (just) fast enough for video Skyping, although it did drop out a couple of times. A quick call to reception had this fixed within a minute so wasn't a problem even when getting some work done in the evening.

The location is excellent. I walked a lot around the area which is central and well known - MG Road, Brigade Road etc are all close and popular in the evening. Walking in Indian cities can be challenging and Bangalore is no exception but they do have wonderful huge old trees lining many of the streets which give plenty of shade and beautify the streets somewhat.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're a western business traveller who is looking for something with a bit of local feel, or would like something nice but without the rates of the higher-end places (which are no cheaper than in Europe). It's not a cookie-cutter corporate place with nothing out of place - for me that was a positive.

You won't get better service than at HM Suites and I heartily recommend it. And be sure to try the South Indian breakfast options!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HMHospitality, General Manager at HM Suites & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the desk of the Head Hospitality !!!!

Firstly I would like to thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel. We are happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavor to give to all our valued guests.

The Team at HM Suites & Studios is so motivated and geared up with all their smile, as this is the source of motivation for any hotelier to have their guest say" We had a pleasant stay" and you have been beyond words of mentioning each and every detail of the hotel, which definitely is a source of positive energy for the team.

The Team definitely looks forward to welcoming you back to HM Suites & Studios,Bangalore in the near future.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Perfect hotel for people who are traveling to Bengaluru on business trip due to its location in St Marks Road and price. Rooms are spacious and staff is courteous and cost of food for dine in is very less compared to other hotels. Things which needs improvement, bathroom fittings are old they need to change it and the restaurant needs to have more items on the menu(at least include basic stuff like vada and masala dosa)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AshaMadrasi

Dear Guest

Greetings from the desk of Head Hospitality !!!

Thank you for choosing HM Suites & Studios for your recent stay in Bangalore. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and being our guest and we hope to see you again soon at HM Suites & Studios.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days... Very good hotel and staff is very helpful
Even food is very good compared to other hotels and restaurants me and my friend tried is these 2 days...
As far as location is not good and not so bad....

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Docmanish
HMHospitality, General Manager at HM Suites & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Greetings from the desk of the Head Hospitality !!!

Firstly I would like to apologize for a delayed reply, as I was on a personal trip and I always ensure that I personally reply to all my guest.

I would like to thank you for such lovely comments,its been pleasure in serving you, as always the team says that the best tip is to have such lovely from the guest that they serve.We definitely would work to keep ourselves to the epitome of hospitality and ensure that all our guest leave with a pleasant memory for having stayed at HM Suites & Studios.

As always to say, we look forward to serve you all over again...

Wishes & Regards
Head Hospitality
HM Suites & Studios I HM HOSPITALITY

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The three night stay at HM Suites and Studios was absolutely marvellous and comfortable The staff is extremely and helpful and the service is excellent. Room size and cleanliness is excellent .Breakfast is greattttt.Very Very conveniently located. Would go back again and again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Vinod A
HMHospitality, General Manager at HM Suites & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Sir

Greetings from the desk of Head Hospitality !!!!

Its such a wonderful feeling to have our guest to have their most wonderful stay at HM Suites & Studios and look forward to stay with us.

We definitely as a team would like to thank you and would always strive to give our best to the guest , as your smile and appreciation is the greatest motivation and gift for the team to do better and better.

We look forward to serve you all over again at our best.

Wishes & Regards
Head Hospitality
HM Suites & Studios I HM HOSPITALITY

" We don't miss your festival, for we celebrate it with you" - Team @ HM Suites & Studios