“A great hotel close to businesses but far from the airport”

Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City
Ranked #40 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I'm staying in this hotel currently during a business trip for two weeks from the UK. The hotel is only a walk away from the office which was the primary reason for me to stay here.

Nice and comfortable, room cleaned each day. My package gives me breakfast included each day as well as wifi and laundry. The wifi isn't fantastic in places and at peak times slows down a lot but works. The in house gym is a little small but offers everything you would expect. The pool is great and gives you a view over what i call 'downtown Bangalore'. Journey into the city takes around 30 mins and shopping is good at the forum mall and shoppers stop.

Hotel has three restaurants - steakhouse, Italian and indian so a good mix. The bar has tv's so I've managed to keep in the mix with sports both at home and watch the cricket world cup.

All in a good hotel, comfortable stay and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank dawsjam
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

We are delighted that you are enjoying you stay at our hotel and enjoying the facilities at the hotel. Do let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable and we hope that you are able to enjoy some of the weekend activities that we have planned for our guests every Sunday.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at Crowne Plaza, for 2 Weeks in February & will be Flying out to Bangalore to stay there again early March, I would say, that it was by far, the best hotel experience I can remember. Initially, I did not know anything about the Hotel in Electronic City, but when I had to Stay there on Business my overall experience was Great.
Right from my check in to room service and breakfast, the hotel was absolutely consistent in their service…It was always immediate, pleasant and courteous. The reception staff especially Generous & after me Complimenting them on their Pillows they presented me with one, Great Gesture,
All in all a Fabulous stay & I would recomend it to anyone

1  Thank BigSte1298
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2011

Thank you for your kind commenets! We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and will be coming back and staying with us again. Delighted guests are the biggest motivator for the team at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City and we will be sharing your feedback with our team.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Crowne Plaza Bengaluru is an extremely nice place to stay in this part of Bangalore. It is plush and trendy and it provides all what you expect from a five star - Well behaved warm helpful staff, sumptuous breakfast, great room service, laundry facilities, all basic room amenities, internet connectivity. The only troublesome part of the hotel is that it is very far away from the airport and it took almost one and a half to reach the hotel from the airport. The hotel though is worth the splurge.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ritumittal81

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for the positive feedback. Should you be travelling to Bengaluru in the future, we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I have been to quite a few of Crowne Plaze properties but this one certainly does not stand up to those standards. There is lots of room for improvement.

1. The service was poor. It took almost and hour to get something as basic as a burger in the room. That too after calling and reminding them. A tip - do NOT try their irish cream drink.
2. It was very difficult to get connected to the wi-fi internet. The gentleman at the front desk kept repeating standard steps despite my telling him that I had tried all that. Then he said that this techinician would contact me. He repeated the same stuff. Finally, after 15 minutes he apologised and said that the ID had not been created and asked me to log in after 2 minutes. Voila! It was working now. Thank you but it was frustrating.
3. I had given my suit for ironing and had requested for a delivery at 7 am (though their published time is 7:30 am). I was assured that it would be delivered at 7 am but got it at 7:15 am after 2 reminders. Got late for a 7:15 am breakfast meeting that I had.
4. Breakfast was the least satisfying experience. The spread did not have much for a non-vegeterian to feel good about. There were 2 dishes which did not have serving spoon and despite reminders, they were not placed so I ended up skipping those items. Water and coffee was not served at our table at all. My recommendation - step into their buffet breakfast with low expectations.
5. Check out was not good either. There was one food item for which I was billed but when questioned, they could not arrrange for the slip which is signed during room service. 15 mintues lost and after lot of frantic serach, they were finally able to identify the item. I had already completed my billing and since it was a valid item, I had to do a second swipe to pay for that item. Frustrating.
6. The stationary in the room had temporary fixes done on it and "The Oterra" was visible under the "Crowne Plaza" logo. Seems this hotel was earlier known as The Oterra or the stationary was bought on a discount from a hotel which was closing down!
7. There was a common door between my room and the next one which was locked. However, the guests there were drinking and talking loudly till late night and the doors were not sound proof. It was painful for both the nights that I stayed there !

On the positive side -

1. The room was spacious
2. The value for money is high
3. 2 pieces of free laundary and free internet were nice surpirses - would go for that any day!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

We are sorry to learn that your experience at our hotel last month was not upto your expectations and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take guest satisfaction very seriously at our hotel and will be looking into all the points you have raised with the objective of finding out the root cause analysis of the problem and how to prevent these in the future. Should Benagluru be on your itinerary in the future, please do give us another opportunity to ensure you have a fabulous stay with us.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

We did stay 5 nights at the Crowne Plaza in bangalore Electronics City. The hotel is located south the city in close vivinity to all the IT companies residing there.
The hotel is really nice with spacious and luxurious rooms, all technical equipment was running without problems. The hotel offers several restaurants, food qualiyt is good. Also you find a rooftop swimming pool and a spa area and gym. The personnel is friendly starting from the doorman. For airport transfer you can hire a hotel car, which is preferable to taxis. From bangalore airport you need durin g night time ~ 1,5 hours travel time, during day it may be 3 hours!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank flyingfox007
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and would consider staying with us again. The team at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City draw inspiration from your motivating feedback as it our aim to ensure that guests love our hotel.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed at Crowne Plaza, Bangalore last week and I could say that it was by far, the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. Initially, I was not keen because of its location@ Electronic City but my overall experience definitely made it worthwhile.Right from my check in to room service and breakfast, the hotel was absolutely consistent in their service…It was always immediate, pleasant and courteous. The reception staff especially Ms. Ritu went out of her way to accommodate my preferences… There was no over zealousness also for tips which has become kind of a norm everywhere else. The room was sufficiently large and spacious. This property has definitely won me over.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team at the hotel look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring that you have a fantastic stay with us again. Thank you very much for your motivating comments which will be featured on our staff notice board.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

Me and my wife had our anniversary dinner at the Burgundy Grill, one of the restaurants at Crowne Plaza. It was one of the finest gastronomic experiences we have ever had! And we are a choosy lot! Service, decor, ambiance, everything was impeccable. Vishal (Asst. Manager, Food and Bev.) himself made sure everything went perfectly for his guests.
Try out the NZ steak!! And the Rib-eye! Amazing wine list too...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EuphoricPetrichor
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2011

We are delighted to have been able to make a positive contribution to your celebration! The team at Crowne Plaza and Burgundy Grill look forward to having you back with us for a meal or stay. We are also pleased to inform you that our new Italian Chef has also joined the hotel and you are welcome to come in and sample authentic fare at Aloro or enjoy our courtyard barbeques with live entertainment every Wednesday at 24@43.