The Oterra
$118
Taj West End(Bengaluru)
$162
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
$211
$74
$180
$119
  • Pool
All reviewscrowne plazaelectronic citybusiness tripbusiness hotelcity areathe club loungegreat businesscoffee shopweek stayfitness centerexcellent servicerooms are bigpool sidetravel deskbreakfast buffet isfood qualityenjoyed my stay
Reviewed May 20, 2010

On a long multi-city journey thru India for business, We found the opportunity to spend two nights and a full day in this hotel and we were really looking forward to an "upscale Break" from some marginally three star hotels in the days prior.
It all started very badly when the Hotel Car we requested for Airport pickup turned out to be an subcontract cowboy with neither personal charm nor driving manners, (even by Indian standards this fellow was the rudest on the road)
At check-in things were handled somewhat efficiently until I asked about an Upgrade when the desk girl confirmed that my room was in fact an Upgraded room. When I asked her the room category, it was clear it was simply the room I had paid for and NOT and upgrade in any manner. Apparently they do not allow Executive club level upgrades to suites even if your a Platinum Priority club member. My PC status hadn't even been acknowledged until I pointed it out. But no worries the room really was a beautifully appointed room with a super comfy bed and great internet access.
Unfortunately, the threshold between the foyer and room was cracked and uneven and had a small finish nail protruding from the center. I felt it underfoot before injuring myself. IT took them two hours the following day to try to repair it, which they only manged to replace one broken piece with another. I finally had to plead to get access to my room as I needed desperately to finish work.
During the time they were working I went to the Spa and treated myself to a haircut and mani/pedi. The Spa staff was excellent and the facility is also 5 star.
The hot water in the shower was fluctuating between about 95 and 105 degrees (F) which was uncomfortable but not dangerous.
I had returned to may room after the Spa, but the workers were still there, they asked if I could give them a few minutes to finish up so I went to the Executive Lounge which was included in my Room rate.
The lounge is quite small, perhaps 70-80 Sq. Meters. Its well appointed and had one attendant. There were three guys having a business meeting so I took a seat on a sofa in the further corner of the room. There were available coffee, tea or soft drinks and a few cookies for snacks. Quite basic. Apparently during there happy hours from 6-8 pm they also have beer and wine but it dint appear there where any spirits. During the time I sate there, (about an hour) the three guys finished and left. Somehow the attendant had slipped out too. Finally I needed to go back to my room and I got up to leave, thats when I saw the attendant in the fitness room across the hall.
Anyway, when I got back to the room. There was scrap wood and a mess all over the floor, but, no workers. So, I just stepped over it and fired up my laptop. About 15 minutes later the crew reappeared nd tried to finish the job, the supervisor asked me to step out again and I told them I had work that had to be completed and I would stay. Anyway. they fitted a new piece, quite poorly, and then left. The Supervisor came to apologize and said they knew it was a botched job, but they need more time to do it right so they would wait until the room was vacant .
So, the hotel is beautiful, the staff appears to be trying, but the jury is still out on this hotel in my mind. Its not conventional at all to the airport, perhaps an hour driving which could be more during heavy traffic times. but if you need to be in "Electronic CIty" give it a try.. I'm sure there are worse.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank kjpglobal
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at The Oterra, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2010

Apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at the Crowne Plaza Mr. Kevin. Your comments were also discussed in the morning meeting and we are taking remedial action to ensure these are rectified. I would like to share with you the actions we will be taking -

1. Our transport provider has been asked to blacklist the driver who picked you up from the airport
2. We are including a careful check of the floorboards in the rooms to ensure there are no sharp objects or nails close to the surface
3. We are looking at alternate benefits for PCR platinum members such as yourself if a higher category room is not available for upgrading (we have limited Executive Suites)
4. We have tightened the processes to make sure that minor repair jobs are completed much faster

We do hope to get another chance to serve you better in the future and assure you of a comfortable and hassle-free stay.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

Bangalore: Crowne Plaza : Simply Superb
Date : October 2009

I stayed at Hotel Oterra (Now it has been christened to Crowne Plaza) for a conference in Bangalore. Conference was scheduled in Electronics City so I decided to stay in this hotel. This is a luxury hotel with all the modern amenities. Rooms are spacious and gives you a royal feeling. You can swim in the pool, relish your drink there. Aloro- The Restaurant is a place where you can find various cuisines. I enjoyed my lunch and dinner very much. I had the best Italian food at Aloro.
I'll recommend this hotel to anybody who likes to stay nearby the companies in Ecity. If you happen to be in Electronic city or craving a nice gourmet meal, be sure to visit Aloro, it will be worth the diversion.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AbhilekhG
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Manager at The Oterra, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City. You will also be pleased to know that we are adding one more Culinary option for you. Our new restaurant "Burgundy Grill" will be operational from July onwards and will only serve the finest in grilled, meats, seafood and vegetables for Dinner. We look forward to your next visit and hope that you will get a chance to try out Burgundy Grill.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

We were on a business trip & spent two nights at Crown Plaza. The staff was very attentative... Rooms were very nice. The recreational facilites were very good... gym ..swimming pool .. gr8 net connection. Nice quite place..... overall a great place to be but yeah little expensive......But we were on a sponsered trip from our company :) so no worry...

One thing which we did not enjoyed much was the food... it was very ok types...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bugssss
CrownePlazaBengaluru, Executive Assistant Manager at The Oterra, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback. The team at the hotel are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do look forward to ensuring that your next stay with us is as enjoyable.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

since i was new in town it was very difficult for me to find the way to the hotel....even the locals in & around the electronic city did not know the directions to the place...so apart from the difficulty to get thr....i was totally amazed with the hotel's ambience, service & rooms!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank innAholiday

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to have you back with us during your next trip to Bangalore and are working hard to ensure that people in and around Electronics City recognize the Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

We celebrated our two years in Bangalore in Ottera. Complimenting the great foo and music, the ambience was rocking. The staff and hospitality are up to the mark. Excellent experience.

• Stayed: January 2010