“Brunch and dinners at Crowne Plaza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City

Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City
Ranked #36 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Ithaca, NY
“Brunch and dinners at Crowne Plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at the Crowne Plaza- Electronic City while I was staying at a nearby company for work. Electronic City itself doesn't offer much for good food, service, or fun, so I was happy to find the Crowne Plaza. Both Pradeep and Arun (the restaurant managers) made my experiences superb. The food was great, especially the Sunday brunch (with an enormous selection of appetizers, main courses, and desserts!), and the wine list is one of the best I had seen in my 2 month stay in India. I would stay here if my company wasn't paying for me to stay on its campus, so for now, I consider the CP my 'home away from home' while on a business trip to EC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EJM45
HMCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for encouraging comments for our buffet spread , food quality ,selection of wines and the hotel service in general. We also feel proud to be your "home away from home".

I also take this opportunity to thank you for your commendations for Arun and Pradeep who made your experiences superb.

We look forward to welcome you back with us !

Warm regards

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is my second visit to crowne plaza, did come here last year. Eye to detail when the hotel is full is very poor, a lot of things were out of place, room and room quality is very good, house keeping was quite friendly and did everything asked for very quickly, very accommodating. Front office also tried to make sure everything went smoothly, lots of new faces. The food quality has gone down significantly since last visit, that was a big highlight last time, this time we actually went out quite a bit as food was not up to the mark for a 5 star hotel, specially compared to the other hotels in Bangalore. All in all good place to stay in the area, hope they can do something about the food, food quality and variety and options at odd hours.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HMCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for patronizing us .We are grateful for your motivating comments on the service quality of the the housekeeping team and front office team . We have also noted your concerns on the food quality and availability of options at odd hours.

We have noted with concerns your comments on the food quality and happy to inform you that we have increased our offerings for the odd hours and also taken necessary steps to provide variety and quality to match our guest expectations.

We look forward welcoming you back to experience the changes done and we are confident of a positive response on your next upcoming visit .

RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for 5 night on a business trip. You enter the hotel through security gates where they inspect your car for what I'm not sure. Once you enter the hotel it is like you are now in a different place. The grounds are clean, with gardens and tress. The lobby is big with 3 adjacent restaurants, a bar and a gift shop. The bar has an outside sitting area where you can enjoy a drink and a Cuban cigar. There is also a bar off the pool area which serves food, drinks and they have a couple of pool tables. I ate in the Italian restaurant twice and both time I had a brick oven pizza which was outstanding. In the morning one of the other restaurants serves up a huge breakfast buffet with more than you could ever ask for.
The room was typical of a USA Crown Plaza. It was large, clean, with a large bath room with a tub and a walk in shower. Room includes all you need as far as toiletries, robes, slippers and a nicely stocked mini bar. My room over looked the back of the hotel where I could see the pool and a grass sun bathing area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great feedback on the hotel in general and specific review on our award winning Italian restaurant . We look forward to welcome you back for a even better experience on your upcoming visit .

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Although it is a great property, with all the trappings of a 5 star hotel, there are multiple shortcomings that make it a very average hotel. It is ofcourse nothing compared to a Taj or ITC in India

Some of the issues that I faced here are
1. The hotel does not have buffet dinner available when the occupancy is low. It was quite ridiculous, as I had never come across such a policy anywhere in India
2. You would not get food after 12 in the night. We were at times late from the office, and on one such instance, my friend was asked to have bread and boiled potato, as the hotel did not have anything else to offer. On one instance, it took the hotel guys more than an hour to provide room service
3. You would at times be only provided with a "club room", which is there way of charging more for the same room
4. The hotel is quite boastful of the fact that it provides you with a "complimentary newspaper". Well, thank you !!! Even a single star hotel in India does that. They need not make such a hue and cry about it
5. Swimming pool water is not controlled, so if you are thinking of a swim in the month of January, be prepared for a freeze
6. Very limited options for Indians in the menu.

I could go on with multiple issues, the bottomline is that one stays here because there are very limited options to stay elsewhere in that part of the city in Bengaluru

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HMCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Mr Mohta,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bengaluru!

I would like to thank you taking our time to let us know the areas for improvement. We have noted with concern your feedback and shall surely work on them to make your next stay a better experience.

We have an elaborate room service menu to order from which includes a wide choice of Indian dishes , should you still have a requirement for something out of the menu , we shall be pleased to help you out with our Chef's Special for the day .

Also we would like to keep you informed that our rooms sold under the Club category has various inclusions which is shared with the guest on the request for reservation for such rooms.

We would like to be a preferred destination for your stay than being forced because of limited choices.

We look forward to welcome you back and hope that you shall give us an opportunity to wow you with our service and offerings .

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in room 209 from 14-18 April 2013 at corp rate of INR5861 + 19.42% tax (incl b/f and internet) on business.

First and foremost, this hotel is between 1.5 and 2.5 hours from the airport - depending on traffic (Sun 9.30pm -1.5 hrs, Thur 6pm, 2.5 hours). The only reason you need to stay here is if your business takes you to Electronics City or the surrounds - otherwise you are better to stay closer to the centre eg. at Leela (this cuts approx 45 mins off your travel time). The Bangalore traffic is so completely crazy - with so much horn honking and "close shaves", people driving 6 abreast in a 4 lane road etc that even if you are slightly prone to car sickness, the long drive and constant breaking will be unbearable. We had to make a number of car trips to various company locations and we wasted a good portion of the day in the car. Be warned. Choose wisely.

The hotel itself is average to good. Conference rooms are getting very dated - was not really suitable for our Executive VP meeting. There seem to be dozens of staff standing around but no one is really available when you need them - strange really. My room was fine albeit hard for a lady to blowdry her hair with no powerpoint in the bathroom and the power socket too far from the mirror. Housekeeping was very good. The cable internet was quite fast and reliable. The airconditioning was great and very responsive - within minutes cooler or warmer.

I ordered a number of room service meals and my favourite dahl makhani was very good and served well under the stated 20 mins. I enjoyed the breakfast selection in the 24/7 restaurant - the highlight was actually the lovely hostess, Kavitha, she was so genuine and kind with a lovely smile to welcome you each morning. I ate in the Italian Restaurant with colleagues one evening, the pork belly with red cabbage was fairly good (a bit undercooked - needs to be crunchy otherwise fat is overbearing) but my colleagues raved about the steaks - the best they had eaten - and that was from Australians in India! Too funny.

All in all, good business hotel if you are working in the area and want to avoid traffic chaos.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
HMCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on your stay at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! We have noted your concerns on the up gradation of the conference rooms, availibility of staff and the in convenience of power points in the rooms . We also thank you for your encouraging reviews on the room service food and service , the Breakfast spread and your feedback on Kavitha . Your comments will be shared with the hotel team and will spur us on to continue enhancing our service and offerings to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience when they stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Having previously stayed in down town Bangalore in the past and then spent hours in traffic heading out to Electronic City, I tried a different approach this time. I found this hotel to be ideal, as it was only 10 minutes away from the offices were working from.

The hotel itself was very good. Public areas, Gym, Rooms etc were excellent. Friendly and attentive staff. Wifi worked and all in all very pleased.

Didn't eat often, but did have an excellent dish for room service.

Would stay here again without question.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay experience at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the friendly and helpful staff as well as the quality of food and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Bengaluru and thank you once again for your motivating comments.

Jensen Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stay at this hotel simply because of the proximity to my local office. Not a great place but certainly good by most standards. Staff, food, rooms and are good by Indian standards.

This place is run the the hard-of-hearing as far as I can tell.

My first complaint is how LOUD they play music in the 24@43 restaurant at breakfast. It's a buffet not a disco. It certainly makes you want to get through your breakfast quickly. Maybe that is what they want.

... and ...

The lobby bar has a TV with live sports and the volume is turned up so loud every time that bar is open that it is difficult to have a conversation. It definitely makes this bar not a place to relax. The staff like to wander to the bar and stand at the greeters podium to catch a glimpse of the sports. They certainly don't need to worry about hearing it to know when to come over and watch the game for a while. Managers and floor sweepers alike do this by the way.

... and ...

The lobby music is just as loud. It is not background music levels. It is obnoxiously too loud. When you step out of the elevators, the level just assaults you.

... and ...

Finally, this evening I tried the Terminus bar. I went in at 6 pm on a Sunday and was the only customer there. They had all sorts of live sports up on the TVs. The volume was so high I found it painful after just a short amount of time. Someone whom I assume was the manager asked for my room number when he brought the menu. I told him 803 and he left. When the waiter came to take my order, I said I was leaving because it was too loud. The response was the typical Indian head shake but no offer to turn it down... even a little. He certainly did not let the manager know. They clearly preferred the loud cricket match over my money.

This hotel likes to think of itself as upscale. I beg to differ. Average at best. The ambiance is not upscale at all. I am not overly sensitive to loudness but this place takes the cake for being wanna-be upscale. Maybe in India loud is OK; maybe it's just this local management team. But it is not a peaceful place to relax in at all.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HMCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bengaluru !

At the outset we would like to thank you for sharing your concerns on the loud music and noise. We have noted your concerns and have done the necessary changes to ensure a pleasant and a memorable stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back and also share your feedback on the changes done based on your feedback.