“Perfect Getaway”

Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa
Ranked #47 of 666 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perfect Getaway with wife after the wedding. Amazing suite, very friendly staff and great parathas for breakfast.
Rooms have beautiful mood lighting and high-tech bathroom, and as well has a cozy comforting feeling of a room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
clarks_blr, Manager at Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Clarks Exotica Resort & Spa, Bangalore and sharing your review here on TripAdvisor. It’s a great pleasure to know that you had a perfect getaway with your newly wedded partner.

We are glad that you chose your host in us during your honeymoon and are extremely delighted that our services and amenities fell at par with your expectations. At our luxury resort & spa in Bangalore, we always strive to offer our guests with impeccable services and par excellence hospitality.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your kind review and look forward to hosting you and your wife with a perfect stay. Wish you a happy married life, ahead.

There are newer reviews for Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We selected this hotel for it's proximity to the airport. Stayed here on 2 different occasions while transiting into and out of India. On first occasion booked the "Deluxe Premier" room and on the 2nd short stay (6 Hrs) booked the "Executive/Deluxe room". Do not know what the difference is as on both occasions got rooms on the 2nd floor and the rooms were adjacent to each other. The rate is supposed to include

"Rate includes accommodation in Deluxe Premier room, buffet breakfast, two way airport transfer (If details provided).Extended departure on availability,complimentary fruit basket, access to sports facilities, 30% discount on Spa usage."

No complimentary fruit basket in room.

The airport pickup was timely and the comfortable. The check-in went smoothly. The staff were very courteous and professional. The rooms were clean on most part. The balcony chairs and tables were dusty. The buffet breakfast was served near the pool and gave you a choice of Indian or western food. Once again the tables were not cleaned after the last guests had used it.

On the second occasion we enjoyed the evening Buffet in the restaurant. It was exquisite with a large selection of delicious Indian cuisine. The service was very friendly and prompt. The staff looked after our every need.

It appears that the resort is an ideal location and is used for Corporate conferences and weddings. Currently, this is about the only place that one can stay close to the airport to escape the city traffic. There are some new hotels under construction near the airport. The resort is not cheap but than this is Bengaluru where nothing is cheap. There is a cheaper option a couple of kilometers from this resort but you get what you pay for in Bengaluru.

There are no other businesses or services nearby so longer stays could be frustrating but I certainly recommend this hotel for short stays.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on two different occasions recently at Clarks Exotica Resort & Spa in Bangalore and for sharing your constructive feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to know that your airport transfer was timely and comfortable; check-in was smooth, and you found our staff friendly. It is great to know that our strategic location added value to your stay on both the occasions. Also, our F&B Team is glad to know that you enjoyed dining at Clarks Exotica Resort & Spa, where we offer not only a variety of cuisines but also our talented chefs’ conjure mouthwatering delicacies.

However, we did notice a few minor concerns and are already looking into these issues. Thank you for sharing them with us as we believe in offering complete guest satisfaction to our guests and a feedback such as yours, it helps us to constantly analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to the inconvenience faced by our esteemed guests.

Thank you for your repeated patronage and look forward to hosting you on your next trip.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is a good choice if you need to stay close to the airport. We had to spend one afternoon there with a ceckout at 2am. Service is friendly and available 24h. Airport transport was organized. There was only cold water in the room. The bathroom was not really clean. The overhead shower was demolished. So the bathroom was not really meeting 5star standard.
The staff on the pool, in the restaurant and at the receiption desk was very prompt, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank SusanneNoris_13

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Bengaluru and for sharing your kind review here on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that your check-out was smooth, airport transfer was well-organized, and staff by the pool side, in the restaurant & the reception desk was friendly and most of all the location of our luxury resort was added convenience during your short stay with us. We have also noted the inconveniences faced by you regarding the ensuite and we regret the same. But, here we would like to assure you that we are already looking into this matter and amends will be made on all the valid observations on top priority.

Thank you for your feedback and look forward to hosting you with a perfect stay at Clarks Exotica Resort & Spa, Bangalore.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

After researching the best option for a transit hotel near Bangalore Airport my initial stay at Clarks Exotica was in December where I arrived late at night and had an early morning flight.
On this occasion I arranged a pick up from the airport which went smoothly, and check in was speedy. However when I got to my room there was a mini bar which was completely empty and no room service menu. I called down and got a room service menu sent up and ordered food which was ok. I then had to call to get someone to set up the Wi-Fi which they did and it worked ok. Then when I went to go to bed I pulled back the covers and the sheets were dirty, not a little bit marked, full on dirty. I had to call down again and get the sheets changed at 1.00am. None of this was a positive experience although the one benefit was the hotel was only 10 minutes from the airport.
In February I had the same flights and decided to try Clarkes Exotica again as after researching I couldn’t find another hotel near the airport.
This time I again arranged another pick up from the airport. When I arrived there was no one to pick me up. So after 10 minutes I called the number on my booking which was some third party not the hotel. The lady I spoke told me she was at home and offered to give me a number to call but I didn’t have a pen or paper so asked her to call and resolve my pick up. After another ten minutes the driver appeared and said we had to wait on someone else who luckily arrived soon after. We got to the hotel and checked in quickly. This time clean sheets and again an empty mini bar, I was supposed to have received a complimentary fruit basket with my room however this was missing. I had brought food and water this time and didn’t bother with the Wi-Fi. After working out that the lights were on motion sensor I eventually got to sleep listening to the construction work going on outside and the planes flying overhead.
This hotel is not cheap for the location taking advantage I would image of its proximity to the new airport. I think in the future I will look at alternative flights rather than staying again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on two different occasions and for sharing your review here on TripAdvisor. We are glad that the location of our resort added a value to your stay on both the trips.

However, we did notice that you had less than a perfect stay during your time with us and regret that you had to face these inconveniences. We have conveyed the matter to our associates and assure you that corrective action will be taken on top priority on all the valid observations. Thank you once again for highlighting your concerns on this public forum as it helps us to strengthen our facilities and services so that we can offer a memorable stay experience to our patrons.

Hope you will not be put off from our brand and will allow us to host you in the future with efficient services and par excellent hospitality at Clarks Exotica Resort & Spa, Bangalore.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm a bad trip advisor citizen in that I tend to only right reviews when they are negative, as this one is, but I will try to add positives to balance it out in future.

The first thing to point out is that the website for this hotel is administered by a third party travel agent and not the hotel. I was met with reluctance when I asked to amend my booking in situ as they'd "already paid the commission" to the travel agent for the booking of my room. To be fair, this was eventually resolved but only after some aggressive push back from me.

I was due to arrive around 10pm but was delayed due to my flight being late. When I made it to the hotel it was after 11 and no restaurants or bars were open. I was hungry as I'd not eaten all day so asked what the options were. In room dining was their best response but when I got to the room there was no menu (or any bottled water). Despite repeated requests I only got the menu (and water) at 11:45. With mini bar nuts to keep me going, it wasn't until well after 12:30 that my food finally arrived.

Despite reception beig new and luxurious looking, my room was in an older building across the car park. This building was tired and a little decrepit looking - as was my room. So beware, if you book the cheaper rooms, you'll be billeted to the 1980s wing.

Other negatives:
- no towels at the pool despite repeated requests. I had to fetch one from my room to dry myself.
- free wifi but with aggressive parental lock imposed by the hotel so only the pious can surf
- having spent 3 hours at the pool, the time housekeeping decided to clean my room was just when I got back and wanted to shower for dinner. They did not seem to understand my request for them to come back later and just carried on
- lukewarm shower water during the afternoon
- I was told breakfast finished at 11 but when I got there at 10:35 an officious little man told me they stopped serving at 10:30 and stood by me, hurrying me along, clearing up the buffet behind me
- the hotel can only arrange transport to the airport, not the city, so I had to ring an external cab firm from my UK BBerry to get out of the resort
- frequent power cuts and evidently no back-up generators

I could go on but I don't want to kick then too badly as, other than noted above, the staff were trying hard and meant well.

The location is great, close to the airport and quite serene by Bengaluru standards. Plus the spa and the massage were really good.

• Stayed: February 2013
clarks_blr, General Manager at Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest
We thank you for choosing Clarks Exotica Resort and Spa for your recent visit to bangalore .It is indeed very heartning to learn that you liked the spa and its services .

However it is really distressing to note the inconvenience you faced in the resort .Please do accept my apology for a less than perfect stay .At Clarks Exotica we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver exceptional service it is feedback such as yours which help us to constantly analize the root cause and find permanent solutionsfor the problems faced by our esteemed guest like you and it goes a long way in helping us enhance our services .

I also hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion about Clarks Exotica Resort and Spa and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the resort once again .

bangalore

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My company participated in Aero India 2013 at Bangalore in Feb 13. We stayed at this hotel. I would say that the hotel is located in a very beautiful property. Some aspects of the hotel like the Housekeeping, restaurant and the bar are very staffed and the facilities are good. However the reception and travel desk do need to get their act together. During the visit, the GM of the hotel had to at times personally intervene to ensure that the briefed schedule are met. However, on the whole a pleasant experience! The hotel surely has the capability and capacity to seek greater heights.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
clarks_blr, General Manager at Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Clarks Exotica Resort and spa .We are pleased to note that our services and fascilities were to your satisfaction .I have made a note about your experience in front office and the same has been taken more seriously ,as it enables us to constantly improve the care and service we endeavour to provide to our guests.
looking forward to welcome you once again to clarks exotica resort and spa .

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms, very good buffett - pan asian cuisine, efficient staff, nice grounds, quiet (a true luxury in India). Solid safe place to stay.

The buffet was a great pleasure. I enjoy Indian food, but after two weeks I was tiring of rice and curry. It was great to eat Thai and Chinese food as well. The fruit was fresh and sweet.

The pool looked great but I did not have time to enjoy a swim. Finally, the grounds were very nice and quiet. It looks like an exclusive enclave. I enjoyed going out for a brisk walk which is difficult to do in Bangalore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our resort and its services .It is heartening to get such reviews and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at Clarks Exotica Resort and Spa .Your feedback about the food and the property have been communicated to the entire team and they all are happy to get such comments .
We look forward to welcome you once again to our resort .