“Okayish...”

Ranked #518 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
“Okayish...”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I made my reservations in advance as I wanted a place near Minerva Circle and Not too far from Kormangla. I checked in and was guided to my room. Initially it looked ok to me. The I encountered a leaking toilet jet pipe which had to be turned off from the main valve to stop the leakage. the bed was comfy and there was also a tv set for entertainment however when i plugged in my laptop the power tripped. i called the reception and they sent an electrician who asked me not to plug in my laptop while I am working. Next morning I went for the breakfast @ 10am and was informed that the breakfast time is over and now I wont get anything else but bread so i ordered a bread and butter and left for work. Then the next day they asked for cleaning the room, as I was going out and was in a hurry I asked them to leave it today and clean it tomorrow however when I came back in the evening I found that they entered my room and cleaned it behind my back with all my stuff lying in the open. I checked my belongings and was relieved that nothing was missing. After this incident I cut short my stay there and left the hotel the next day itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Amal B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed July 30, 2013

i stayed there yesterday - 29th july 13.

broken doors.

tight doors.

stinking room

broken water taps

uncleaned rooms

hot water took too long to come

irritating receptionist

sounding so skeptical receptionist.

stayed with my wife.. he was asking for proof..

called in the morning and asked for check out.

only good thing is the food.

wet bathrooms

broken bathroom door.

dirty bathroom

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank triptobangkok

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed in T.A.P Gold Crest for 5 days. The Room is good and clean. Room service is also very courteous and prompt. It is situated near Minerva Circle and in the heart of the city. It has a decent veg. restaurant. I recomend this hotel to stay in Bangalore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tasuray
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Absolute value for money. Thousand two hundred bucks for an AC room with breakfast and wifi????
Really hard to find in Bangalore. Ofcourse in this price if one expect a very Hihi Fi facility then its upto them. My experience was excellent. Centrally located in the city My room number was 504 in fifth floor. Had a pleasant stay. Free Table Tennis and Snooker is a good facility. Complimentary breakfast was tasty and sufficient. I personally felt that this hotel care about their customer personally. Location is not upto the mark otherwise I give them a full mark in this price......

Room Tip: Fifth Floor rooms are better...........
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AdiSam318
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pros

Small cosy room (non ac)
24 hour hot and cold water
Room service and an alright breakfast
Near lal bagh garden
Competitive pricing

Cons
The receptionist never had a welcome smile. He looked very serious. Felt like talking to a traffic cop who was going to give me a ticket.

Dust is a prominent character in the property. You can see it anywhere.

The room telephone was fully dusty and so was a dirty ash tray and the top edge of the cot.

The pillow cover was stained badly when we checked in !!!! yellow with some curry or something, called housekeeping and got it changed.

The room smelt unpleasant so had it sprayed with room spray by housekeeping.

The night lamps dint work, the little lcd tele was facing skywards due to improper wiring.

The bathroom and the closet bowl had mouldy patches here and there

The fittings in the loo was standard but was coated in lime scale and dint seem it was cleaned for a while.

There was a light hanging inside the lift

The receptionist guy asked who was the lady (my wife ) with me, felt strange...I think they must be keen on keeping the property tidy and well maintained rather do moral policing.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ahm555
Karnal, Haryana, India
Reviewed July 3, 2013

hi last day i was in the hotel and my experience in this hotel is terrible as the area where its located its too bad.. not to go for the 3 stars its ridiculous... Service was as bad as you can never expect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kartik A
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend and I must say, I was amazed by the service.
I opted for the non-AC single occupancy room. They charged me 899 initially, but when I told them that I am coming by auto, the figure was revised to 849. This included all taxes, a great complementary breakfast.

Though its mentioned that free wifi is provided, I couldn't find any.
The room was amazing, a small LCD, great bathroom and a springy bed :P
Highly recommended from my side !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business