“Value for Money”

Ranked #521 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Aluva, India
“Value for Money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

had been to bangalore to write an exam , and booked this hotel because it was the only hotel within reasonable distance from Majestic which had rooms able to accomodate all 5 of us in a single room. Had booked by calling up the hotel,nad the day before our arrival ,they called back asking if the bookin was confirmed(kind of good in a way,otherwise you re always worried if they ll give your room to someone else as you ve not paid any bookin amt). Check in was easy, rooms was OK. Bed needed fresh linen,it had hair and stuff,which was a very very big draw back. But the towels were neat,and the bathroom was also good,pretty neat. Location not the very best,especiallt the street on which the hotel is located,but we got a 5 bed suite for 4000,which was a good deal,so no complaints. Compimentary WiFi and breakfast were good. Breakfast was mostly southern fare and bread. Must say they serve excellent coffee. I think all their food is good. Overall,a good place to stay if you re on a budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelbugsy7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good rooms, service and food. Had no bed bug encounters as someone mentioned. Nice place to be at ,if your looking forward to a decent place .you also could take a walk to Lal bagh , which is pretty close by.

• Stayed February 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in Jan 2013. I started too noticed I was itchy and then about 100 bites started to appear all over my body. I thought it was Mosquitos. Wasn't until the last day that I had to leave early in the morning for the airport that I found the bed to be crawling with bed bugs. I caught a few in a match box and then headed to reception with my luggage to get the the taxi to the airport. Hotel staff didn't book taxi the evening before as promised. I had to wake the sleeping staff to order taxi and then showed them my bite marks and the captured culprits. Staff seemed disinterested. I told them they need to fix this problem, but I doubt they will. Apart from that, the food is pretty good. The area is not in a very nice place the wifi works only half the time.

• Stayed January 2013

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Numaligarh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed with my daughetr in a non AC standard room for 3 days. It was quite good , clean and in a good location. Breakfast inclusive. Food price reasonable. However for their hotel taxi you have to pay little more. Air port taxi /Meru taxi is cheaper. But at dead of night if you come it is better to take taxi from their hotel for easily locating their hotel. In general OK . The ownwer has three hotels.
Rooms are small but OK for a budget hotel. Room has LCD TV/ Phone and hot and cold water.

Room Tip: For another 200 rupees, you can stay in AC room during summer. Dec/Jan non AC is OK.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Guwahati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I took a standard Non AC room. Small room but good enough. Clean and has all facilities like
TV-LCD/Fan/Hot and cold water 24 hrs. Toilet clean. OK for budget with breakfast complimentary. Staff good. One can select to stay. Food mostly south Indian style but north Indian food is not upto north indian mark. Those also have south indian taste. A lot of items of course common. Breakfast is good but can improve more by the hetelier. Fruit salad is not regular in breakfast, which can be made regular.

Check out time they took 24 hrs fort me. In fact I booked for 4th & 5th and came a midnight of 3rd. at 00-15 hrs of 4th. They counted till next 12 midnight and for the next 12 midnight for 5th. I paid for 3rd day as I checked out at 4-30PM.
Over all good hotel.
Location is near by. Minerva Circle. They give filtered water in filled bottle, otherwise to buy mineral water. soap / towel are complimentary and are OK. I didnot get a dirty feeling inside the room. Of course I donot know, the room had a AC diffuser also. But being in 1st week Jan, AC doesnot matter.
They asked for a print out of our booking which of course we took alongwith us. Lunch/ Dinner in Restaurant is of reasonable rate, but of south Indian style. Boys were from other than south. One we met from Assam. They can talk well in Hindi. One of thye Manager was not of much cooperative type, his face its sef shows that he is constantly in tension. I pitied on him , may be he is in trouble. BUt when ever I aske d for sending water, sending food or sending a helper for getting running water from tap as the design of the water taps were such that, if some one does not show how to operate it you cannot open. I complained, thta no water is coming. The boy cam and showed , how the tap to be operated. Water came both hot and cold.

Room Tip: For better room at no major cost can go for Ac rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Its an average place to stay. Since it was winter season we thought of booking a non-ac room but it turned out to be a nightmare for us after seeing that the room didn't even have a fan also. And to add it all the bathroom's water flow was terrible, you will take 10 minutes to fill a bucket. Further, the pillow of the bed was the father of all of problems. I had a bad neck pain the next morning which stayed on for the next two days. My advice is that its an average hotel, value for money to stay in and not at all good for family vacations. Choose your rooms carefully before staying. Make sure that the room has got a fan or better book an air-conditioned room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are preferred. Value for money. Enquire before taking the room whether it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
chennai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Been there 4 times but now the service quality is decreasing. The manager is rude and if you book a room through makemytrip.com in a discounted price then he behaves as if you are staying there for free and behaves rudely. The first thing that makes you feel good about a hotel is the behaviour of the staff and hotel T.A.P. gold crest is lagging behind in this. Behaviour of other staffs is OK. Other than this everything is fine. food is tasty and well priced. complimentary Breakfast is good but I didn't go for complimentary breakfast on the second day of my stay because when I went for breakfast on the first day they gave me bill and asked me to pay but it was mentioned as complimentary at the time of booking. when I told this to the manager he declined and only after I went to my room and brought the voucher and showed him then he agreed. This has happened earlier also during my last stay. So I thought it will be better if I order breakfast through room service and pay for it because I felt insulted. Other than this every thing is fine about the hotel like the price , food, rooms etc. I will recommend this hotel only if the manager changes his behaviour. One more thing is that they should collect the food bill at the time of check out which I consider more convenient and most of the other hotels collect all bills at the time of check out . But if you have made a booking through make my trip then the manager tells the waiter or the room service guy to collect money as soon as they deliver food at room. May be he does not believe the customer and thinks that customer will run from the hotel without paying the bill. If you avoid this and are ok with it then other things about this hotel are fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo