We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on our way back from Kerala.
The hotel is 10-15mins drive from the Bangalore international airport and cost us Rs270 one way. The hotel is located off the main road through small villages close to many other hotels. We saw this hotel on website and found to be different as the theme of the hotel represent military camp.
On arrival at the airport we were greeted by security person who had military uniform on and then the check in staff who were very friendly and professional at all times. The hotel has a swimming pool with a children pool to one side. The hotel also has a bar lounge, restaurant and fitness centre.
The main building is of concrete with rooms available but in the main area I call, is full of military luxurious tents that are proper rooms from inside, we found it amazing how they maintain these rooms. It's set in the lawns with lots of trees and other plants including bamboos, it looks like military green tents from outside but as you enter entirely different world. The hotel also holds parties which usually finished well before 10pm in open ground but we didn't mind it. There is also kids play area to one side, the whole property is maintained to a high standard.
Our tent was close by to main lounge tent and swimming pool. It also had a bell like a traditional temple bell.
The tents has wooden floor, AC, fridge, sky tv, tea/coffee maker, nice and clean beds, electric insect repellents, lots of lighting, additional attached bathroom area with dressing mirror, wooden flooring, lots of shelves, basic toiletries, shower with running hotel and cold water 24/7, we, clean towels etc.
We did not find any insects or mosquitoes in our tent or around, it was like a regular luxurious room, could not fault it. The tents are set on a raised concrete platform and also has chairs and table outside to relax and enjoy the evening.
Overall highly recommended for the unique experience, kids would love it, our daughter did not want to go out but stay in tent all the time. The hotel even arrange auto rickshaw or local cabs and do not force anything on you.
There is a McDonalds nearby only about 10mins on auto rickshaw arranged by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming to Olde Bangalore (pronounced as "Old Bangalore") is like taking a slow and lazy trip back in time - hard to imagine something like this in the middle of a city gone wild! Waking up to bird-song and retiring to the sound of silence are luxuries now available only miles away from habitation, unless you are at Olde Bangalore. As the cool breeze of nostalgia wafts through your mind, prepare to soak yourself in the soul of a Bangalore. Come, let us pamper you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Bangalore Hotel And Resort
- Olde Bangalore Hotel Bangalore