A brilliant place for those who would like to to live outdoors but cant do it. The tented accommodation as described by Ciccibella is correct, but I loved the firm beds as compared to the super soft beds given by the so called five stars that leave me with a backache, where I am reduced to sleeping on the floor most of the time. The management including the directors and the G M, Sumit Mukherjee were practically at hand almost all the time that I was around.
It was nice to be woken up by the bird calls early in the morning, something I haven't heard for years in Delhi.
The entire staff is exceptional, going out of the way to make your life comfortable.
Ciccibella's comments on the food need no comments as it was exceptional with a different menu plan everyday.
Their Chef and the Kitchen staff is brilliant for caring and service, and even Sumit remembered what I ate for lunch two days back without physically being there.
Was easy to handle the Brats 26 and 23 yr old, sent them for paint ball shooting/ archery competition/ air rifle shooting and learning with the current Karnataka champion.
The Bar men, Ranjith and Kannan actually knew how to make cocktails for my Bitter half without having to refer to their I pads/computers and had the ingredients ready at hand, not an easy job since even I don't know what she is going to order me to serve her next.
Amazingly, this place has games facility, as a part of the resort, including Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards and pool, not forgetting the swimming pool( it may not meet the Olympic standard but perfect to teach you child in).
A place run with military precision where hospitality is concerned( it means if they say lunch will be served at 1330 Indian Standard Time as per your requirements, it will be and you can set your watches as per that). No wonder, since the Director and Sumit are Ex Air Force.
Ciccibella's statement on the music is correct, but I have to remind all that we were also 18-25 yrs once, hence 11 PM/2300 is a good time to shut down the music that was followed during my stay.
While the spa rooms are there. the masseur/masseuse are not there, but I really don't feel there is a requirement for 99 % of the people, since you are not climbing the Kanchenjunga ( which I have done). However if required I am sure the resort can organise one if you require it and give enough notice.
By the way, I am given to understand that the director is a Management Guru, besides being a very experienced Pilot from the Air Force and now in the Jet Airways ( That is why).
Go out here as a alone or as group and enjoy it all, is all I can say. The opportunity comes once in a lifetime for the cost, take it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming to Olde Bangalore (pronounced as "Old Bangalore") is like taking a slow and lazy trip back in time - hard to imagine something like this in the middle of a city gone wild! Waking up to bird-song and retiring to the sound of silence are luxuries now available only miles away from habitation, unless you are at Olde Bangalore. As the cool breeze of nostalgia wafts through your mind, prepare to soak yourself in the soul of a Bangalore. Come, let us pamper you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Bangalore Hotel Bangalore
- Olde Bangalore Hotel And Resort