Olde Bangalore is vast! For someone who comes from claustrophobic Mumbai, it's especially so! The biggest thing going for this resort of course is its incredible proximity to the Bangalore airport. Yet its quiet, secluded and peaceful. Since I went during May, it was quite warm during the day but I am sure it would be terrific in the winters. I stayed in one of their tents which was superbly appointed and classy in an 'olde' fashioned way. The tents are really special and is a unique experience as opposed to long hotel corridors and cookie-cutter rooms. The service is quite good and so's the food - especially the south Indian stuff. The grey granite blocks that are used extensively in the hotel can be a little depressing - it's not an architectural marvel. Given the space, it could have been ethnic yet modern with courtyards and natural light. Still, Olde Bangalore is a good enough, relaxing place to chill for a day or two...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming to Olde Bangalore (pronounced as "Old Bangalore") is like taking a slow and lazy trip back in time - hard to imagine something like this in the middle of a city gone wild! Waking up to bird-song and retiring to the sound of silence are luxuries now available only miles away from habitation, unless you are at Olde Bangalore. As the cool breeze of nostalgia wafts through your mind, prepare to soak yourself in the soul of a Bangalore. Come, let us pamper you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Bangalore Hotel Bangalore
- Olde Bangalore Hotel And Resort