“if you want it big on your pocket”

Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore
Ranked #81 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Chennai (Madras), India
“if you want it big on your pocket”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Its a awesome place, nice rooms and lot of facilities, but dam expensive I was here for 2days had a king experience but the facilities are avail in many places in Bangalore for much cheaper, it's up to you to choose of you don't mind money and need all in one, right place

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore is in the most Premium location and is part of the Prestigious UB City. It is ideal for both business as well as leisure travelers and a Macca for the shoppers. Our rates are comparable to all other similar luxury properties in Bangalore and we always have value deals and the best price guarantee for those booking on our website. May I suggest that you call us direct or visit our website when booking for your next stay.
Thank you again and looking forward to your next stay with us.
Raj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed July 8, 2013

1 month on business in India can make even the most seasoned traveler a bit nervous. Much has changed since my last visit, including UB City and the Oakwood Premier Prestige now being open. I was welcomed very early Sunday morning by the hotel staff, and guess what! There was David! One of my best firends I made on my last visit nearly 5 years ago was a friendly, hard working young man named David. He is now on the staff at the Oakwood. It was a great start to a fabulous month staying there! What a beautiful, relaxing building. Great amenities including a wonderful breakfast every morning, great gym and pool, and what I think is the best staff around! There to assist in any way, helpful to a fault. Raj, David, and team are the best!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Nathan,
Thank you very much your your review. David and the rest of the team are really thrilled reading your comments. It is indeed such a wonderful coincidence that you were able to meet an old friend after 5 years. David is indeed an excellent associate of ours and we are proud of him. Looking forward to your return and now that you have made many more friends here, your stay is definitely going to be even more enjoyable.

Walthamstow
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I travelled to Bangalore on business but had a week-end to enjoy the city.
Hotel has a great central location
I had a one bedroomed apartment - very well equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer iron and ironing board.
Nice sized kitchen area and full (European) sized fried/freezer.
Big TV and DVD player takes European format DVDs
Even some UK format plug sockets!
Staff are helpful and honest - the room cleaners even locked my safe for me when I went out.
I used room service a lot during the week and the food was good quality and varied.
All staff friendly and helpful. It would be handy if they held stamps and postcards at the front desk.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments and impressed with your observations. We have taken your suggestion on-board and will start having some stamps and postcards available with the Reception. Hoping to welcome you back to Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore in the near future.
Melbourne
Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time visitor to India and had no expectations on what to receive in terms of my hotel. This property was selected by my client and more than comfortably fitted the bill for 3-days.

Modern, efficient, friendly and spacious - just like a luxury hotel suite. Quality furnishings and conveniences - for example, all appliances (from kettle to washer/dryer) were top end Siemens equipment. Nice touches of luxury in the room.

Staff were kind and warm - very eager to assist and and interested to chat to foreign visitors. I enjoyed eating local breakfast try the 'Idly Rava' and other Indian delights. All good and safe to eat - no 'Bangalore Belly' the whole time I was there!

Well appointed gym/health club with city views. I'm a Brit living in Australia for 10 years and the level of service, value, modernist design, comfort and staff attitude in the Oakwood Bangalore is levels above every Aussie hotel I've stayed in.

One thing to (hopefully) promote a sense of safety and security is the fact that every vehicle is scanned for any risk of bomb devices on arrival. Don't be alarmed by this, as I was not expecting such security. Our car had mirrors scanned underneath and the luggage compartment checked. Be prepared to scan your bags and walk through a metal detection barrier on entry. Nothing to feel worried by. Also, if you've never been to India before, I cannot begin to prepare you for the hour long journey from the airport to Oakwood. It's an eye opener, but a joy to behold......I won't put in a 'spoiler' here, just enjoy the experience.

Although I never frequented any of the facilities I'm about to mention, I did see a luxury mall and some 'sanitised' restaurant chains around the lobby area adjacent to the hotel - there were local chain establishments and a subway sandwich shop too. Luxury mall next door if that's your thing.

I took a guided tour of the non-touristy stuff with 'Bluefoot Tours' - check them out on Trip Advisor. Very good!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review and am glad that we were able to portray a very positive image of India and made your first visit memorable. Coming from Australia myself and having worked in luxury hotels there for the last 12 years, Indian hotels and the standards are in no way inferior to the rest of the world and am glad that you noticed this,. Thank you for your tips and recommendation of Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore to the other visitors to the site and hoping that you return in the near future to enjoy the various colors of India.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The location is great. It's attached to a mall with good restaurants and bars. The 1 bed suite room was nice (I've seen better). The views from the higher floor was good, gave a Singapore feel. The front desk staff was not as polite and courteous as one would expect. The housekeeping guys were good. The restaurant service was good. The pool on the terrace level is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and passed on your feedback to my associates. Looking forward to your return.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and trust me - we had the best stay ever. We were given a 2 bedroom apartment on the 5th floor, view was amazing, bedroom was amazing... everything was perfect. The General Manager was very hospitable and interactive which actually made us even more comfortable. The food court right next to the Apartments deserve a special mention. Undoubtedly will stay here next time i am in Bangalore.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comments are really rewarding to me and my associates. Such comments also encourage us to perform better and reach for higher goals. We all enjoy meeting our residents and endeavor to provide them the comforts of the home and the warmth of the family. I hope that you return in the near future and we are able to make your stay even more memorable.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Dear Hotel,

The hotel is excellent, we would like request to hotel to increase the availability of stay in hotel.ervice by staff was excellent. I had the wrong bookings and they helped me get things right. Whatever I asked for in my room they were quick to give it. rice at which the rooms were offered for was more than justified with the facilities availed. Looking forward to more such offers in future

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Dear Guest,

We are happy to see your positive feedback about our property and glad that we were able to meet your requirements. May I suggest that you contact the property directly for some great offers for your next stay. We also now have a return guest program that will offer more amenities and discounts to our return and loyal guests. Looking forward to your next stay with us.