“Awesome”

Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore
Ranked #97 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Undoubtedly the best luxury service inn that I have ever visited, best bet , if you want to stay within the city hype ( Designer stores, night clubs, great restaurants ) . The staff at Oakwood was very helpful and the breakfast spread included with the room rent is amazing and something to look forward to. My Kids particularly enjoyed the roof top swimming pool and UB city mall's water fountain front. The one bedroom suite has two TV's , one in bedroom and one in the living room with a DVD hometheater ! The room service would make up the room and replenish water bottles in the kitchen every day( nice touch ). The general manager Raj was very helpful in designing our vacation agenda and made our stay worth while! Oakwood definitely is the place to live while on vacation in bangalore !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at Oakwood thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.

There are newer reviews for Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here on a family vacation for 2 weeks with 2 adults and 3 kids. We rented a 3 bedroom suite. We were visiting from the US, and we decided to stay here while visiting our families for a lot of reasons -- convenience, accessibility to restaurants and other parts of town, space, amenities etc. Here are some of the pros of our stay--

1. Great location -- very central to all parts of Bangalore. Friends and family were able to visit us quickly. Shopping is nearby as well and that was really important for groceries and more exotic items.
2. Clean -- I am clean freak and was especially concerned about cleanliness of the rooms and dining areas. I was not disappointed even before I wiped down all the surfaces with my Lysol wipes! I have to say that I found this hotel to be more clean than many other higher priced resorts I have stayed in other areas of the world.
3. Good Food choices - There is an excellent (but standard Indian 5-star hotel) breakfast buffet that is included in the room rate. This is a bonus with kids as you can just walk down and start your day. The staff here was exceptionally helpful in terms of catering to the kids' needs. In addition, there are several really good restaurants and quick dining options as you walk out of the hotel -- very useful if you find the fare in the hotel to be boring. As an example, after the first week, we just wanted a pizza, beer, and a movie. We ordered pizza from the adjacent restaurant (delivered to the lobby) and the beer was delivered via room service. Cannot beat the convienence.
4. Kitchen -- wonderful to have with kids. Full refrigerator and stove and dishwasher. the hotel replenished the bottled water in the fridge daily -- a very nice touch. The fixtures are not new and modern, but they work fine and again are clean.
5 Gym -- I really enjoyed the gym. It was quiet, never had to wait for a machine, and had everything i needed for a great workout.

Now the cons, which I think of as minor but need to be mentioned.

1. Staff -- The staff and service are inconsistent. While the wait staff are very helpful and friendly, the ones at the front desk are fairly useless. They don't seem to be able to do anything without consulting someone else, and every transaction or question is guaranteed to take at least 15 minutes or longer, including "can I get a balance on my bill?"
2. Billing -- I got billed for checking out an hour late, even though I had specifically let them know about this and gotten their agreement that there would be no billing for this. Considering how much we had spent there over the last 2 weeks, this seemed like just bad customer service.
3. Noise -- we were on a lower floor and could really hear the music from the night club. If this really bothers you, ask for a higher floor.

All in all, a really good experience. I have stayed at several luxury hotels in India, and this certainly is a good option for families who want a luxurious "home feel" . I would recommend this and plan on coming back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review and comments on your stay at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location, dining and the many amenities that Oakwood and UB City could offer. I have also taken a note of your comments and recommendations and discussed with our Front office team. All our staff, specially in housekeeping and restaurants were delighted with your compliments of them.
Thank you once again and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed for the Second time in Oakwood Premier in Bangalore. Undoubtedly a great place at the heart of Bangalore's business district. Felt Pricing is on the higher side with 16K per suite per night.. Rest all is great!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore is located in the most desired location in Bangalore and has the best facilities for both short and long stays. The pricing is also the most competetive among hotels and serviced apartments of similar standards. May I also recommend that you contact our reservations directly for specials and great deals for your future bookings.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

It's a good place to stay in Bangalore and it's next to all the hype in the city. Breakfast was great. The staffs were very helpful. But I do not like the carpet in the bedroom because i have this hygenic concern about carpet flooring in a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and am glad to know that you left with positive impressions of our property, food and the staff. I note your general opinion on carpets in hotel bedrooms which is done to reduce the sound as well as to create a warm feeling. We have a program where the carpets are professionally steam cleaned on a regular basis to give our guests the utmost safe and healthy stay.
Hope you are having a great festive season and wishing you a very prosperous and healthy New Year.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

After my family rented a 3 bedroom apartment last year - my husband and I this year decided to stay here in the studio. how much difference a year makes. While the location is 100% ideal, that is all. The room floors all smell of a toilet urinal cakes - and our airconditioning did not work and stayed at 25 degrees. While we appreciate that reception sent someone 2 days in a row to look at it - they did not fix it. And when you pay AUD $350 for 2 nights in a studio you would expect a company like Oakwood to have rooms that have air conditioning that worked. Despite the smell of urinal cakes and a non working air conditioner - what I can say is that again the location is why you stay here.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are disappointed with your comments as we rate ourselves as one of the most premium accommodation facilities in Bangalore with a great preventive maintenance program. The property is part of the prestigious UB city and this is the first time that anyone has commented of any undesirable smell on the accommodation floors. Our pricing is also one of the most competitive among accommodation facilities of similar standards. Our rooms are at least 30% larger than any other property in Bangalore and the residents have access to the best restaurants, shopping, parks and other recreational facilities. Appreciate if you can email the details of your stay to raj.kakarla@oakwoodasia.com for me to further investigate into your comments on the air conditioning. I am sorry that your recent visit did not leave a positive impression of us and hoping that you return to Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore again.
Best Seasons wishes,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I always use hipmunk.com to book flights and hotels due to the extreme convenience. I did this for the flights, but the hotel was given to my by my meeting organizers for my first night before we moved to our permanent meeting location, so I only spent 1 day here. We landed at the airport at 2 am, then it took 1.5 hours to get through immigration, then be scanned again to go get your luggage (why? we just got off the plane). There is about a 45 minute taxi drive to the hotel. Arriving then around 4 am you have to find your way to the second floor hotel entrance in some darkness. The room is very comfortable and clean. The breakfast and lunch were outstanding. The shopping mall is useful to roam about since we were killing time and there was a convenient ATM machine in the mall-building to draw cash. I would have enjoyed more time there and the surroundings, but left at 4 pm the next day. I did not visit the top floor spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and happy to see your comments on our services. UB City is definitely a destination itself and wish that you stayed longer to experience the many attractions of the venue. Bangalore is currently undergoing a major infrastructure upgrade and am sure that the travel from the airport and within the city will be a pleasure and more comfortable when the flyovers and the metro rail project are completed.
Hoping that you return for a longer stay to enjoy the shopping, bars, restaurants, our roof top Pool and of course the renowned SPA at Oakwood.
Wishing you best of the festive season and a very happy New Year.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Had a pleasant 10 day stay at Oakwood. Apartment was well equipped and clean but the soft furnishings in the lounge could have done with a steam clean & freshen up. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially the restaurant staff at breakfast. Service at reception was a little slow but this may have been due to an ineffectient IT system rather than a staffing issue. One of the bars in the shopping mall outside Oakwood played loud music until 11.30pm at night which may be a problem for light sleepers.

Generally nice self catering accommodation but do not expect that reception, concierge etc will be the same as a hotel. Only designer stores in the vicinity - a little convenience store would be a useful addition for guests.

Room Tip: Avoid room near the noisy bar
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and mention of our staff at the Restaurant. I shared your comments with them and they were thrilled to know that their services were recognized. I note your comments on the soft furnishings and happy to inform that we have just commenced our soft refurbishment as well as upgrading our FO software. We are also in the process of upgrading our reception desk and provide the same services as any other luxury hotel.
UB city is the first luxury mall in Bangalore and has only the top of the range branded shops within the complex. However there are convenience stores within walking distance of the property.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future and on behalf of all our associates, would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.