“Good place to stay”

Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore
Ranked #96 of 666 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It's a good place to stay in Bangalore and it's next to all the hype in the city. Breakfast was great. The staffs were very helpful. But I do not like the carpet in the bedroom because i have this hygenic concern about carpet flooring in a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and am glad to know that you left with positive impressions of our property, food and the staff. I note your general opinion on carpets in hotel bedrooms which is done to reduce the sound as well as to create a warm feeling. We have a program where the carpets are professionally steam cleaned on a regular basis to give our guests the utmost safe and healthy stay.
Hope you are having a great festive season and wishing you a very prosperous and healthy New Year.

There are newer reviews for Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore

Reviewed December 21, 2012

After my family rented a 3 bedroom apartment last year - my husband and I this year decided to stay here in the studio. how much difference a year makes. While the location is 100% ideal, that is all. The room floors all smell of a toilet urinal cakes - and our airconditioning did not work and stayed at 25 degrees. While we appreciate that reception sent someone 2 days in a row to look at it - they did not fix it. And when you pay AUD $350 for 2 nights in a studio you would expect a company like Oakwood to have rooms that have air conditioning that worked. Despite the smell of urinal cakes and a non working air conditioner - what I can say is that again the location is why you stay here.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are disappointed with your comments as we rate ourselves as one of the most premium accommodation facilities in Bangalore with a great preventive maintenance program. The property is part of the prestigious UB city and this is the first time that anyone has commented of any undesirable smell on the accommodation floors. Our pricing is also one of the most competitive among accommodation facilities of similar standards. Our rooms are at least 30% larger than any other property in Bangalore and the residents have access to the best restaurants, shopping, parks and other recreational facilities. Appreciate if you can email the details of your stay to raj.kakarla@oakwoodasia.com for me to further investigate into your comments on the air conditioning. I am sorry that your recent visit did not leave a positive impression of us and hoping that you return to Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore again.
Best Seasons wishes,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I always use hipmunk.com to book flights and hotels due to the extreme convenience. I did this for the flights, but the hotel was given to my by my meeting organizers for my first night before we moved to our permanent meeting location, so I only spent 1 day here. We landed at the airport at 2 am, then it took 1.5 hours to get through immigration, then be scanned again to go get your luggage (why? we just got off the plane). There is about a 45 minute taxi drive to the hotel. Arriving then around 4 am you have to find your way to the second floor hotel entrance in some darkness. The room is very comfortable and clean. The breakfast and lunch were outstanding. The shopping mall is useful to roam about since we were killing time and there was a convenient ATM machine in the mall-building to draw cash. I would have enjoyed more time there and the surroundings, but left at 4 pm the next day. I did not visit the top floor spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and happy to see your comments on our services. UB City is definitely a destination itself and wish that you stayed longer to experience the many attractions of the venue. Bangalore is currently undergoing a major infrastructure upgrade and am sure that the travel from the airport and within the city will be a pleasure and more comfortable when the flyovers and the metro rail project are completed.
Hoping that you return for a longer stay to enjoy the shopping, bars, restaurants, our roof top Pool and of course the renowned SPA at Oakwood.
Wishing you best of the festive season and a very happy New Year.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Had a pleasant 10 day stay at Oakwood. Apartment was well equipped and clean but the soft furnishings in the lounge could have done with a steam clean & freshen up. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially the restaurant staff at breakfast. Service at reception was a little slow but this may have been due to an ineffectient IT system rather than a staffing issue. One of the bars in the shopping mall outside Oakwood played loud music until 11.30pm at night which may be a problem for light sleepers.

Generally nice self catering accommodation but do not expect that reception, concierge etc will be the same as a hotel. Only designer stores in the vicinity - a little convenience store would be a useful addition for guests.

Room Tip: Avoid room near the noisy bar
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and mention of our staff at the Restaurant. I shared your comments with them and they were thrilled to know that their services were recognized. I note your comments on the soft furnishings and happy to inform that we have just commenced our soft refurbishment as well as upgrading our FO software. We are also in the process of upgrading our reception desk and provide the same services as any other luxury hotel.
UB city is the first luxury mall in Bangalore and has only the top of the range branded shops within the complex. However there are convenience stores within walking distance of the property.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future and on behalf of all our associates, would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were booked at the Oakwood from the 27th of October for 2 nights for our holiday. We drove down from Chennai and checked in by noon. We had booked the 1 bedroom apartment and for the price we paid it was one of our best choices. The rooms are very spacious, well equipped and well appointed with all features that you generally miss in a hotel. The room had a kitchen, dryer, washing machine and a dishwasher which made us feel self sufficient. The location is to die for right in the middle of the city in one of the best malls Bangalore had to offer. The food court, the bars and the stores- just amazing .......... really felt like staying back for a few more nights. We went pub hopping in the mall itself - there are 3 lounge bars in the premises and we did not even have to take a cab. Excellent way to escape the cumbersome traffic in Bangalore city.
We had our breakfast every morning at the Soul city which is in Oakwood and must say that the buffet is so scrumptious and lavishly spread we had to skip lunch on both the days. The staff at Soul city are so friendly,observant and helpful . By the second morning they knew what me and my wife liked and served me before I could ask.
Housekeeping and Front office staff were very attentive and were always ready to help. The houseman did a real good job .Oakwood has made us feel so comfortable and pampered that we will always come back when we visit Bangalore. Thank you Oakwood

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and comments of the Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore. We are part of the first luxury mall in Bangalore with more than a dozen premium restaurants, top of the range shopping, bars and adjacent to the ever green Cubbon Park. I am pleased to read that both you and your wife had a enjoyable stay here. I would like to share that Oakwood has bagged the award of the leading service apartment brand both in India and in Asia and happy that our staff are trying their best to stand upto the expectations of our residents.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and and also would like to wish you the best of the festive season.

Raj.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Breakfast was beautiful - especially the idli and tomato chutney. I looked forward to that every morning.

The hotel delivered soy milk to me throughout my 22 day stay so I never ran out, and the kitchen stocked it too, and they made the wonderful masala tea every morning for me.

Staff were extremly helpful, willing to help and very responsive any time anything was requested. Nothing was too much trouble - extension cord, hdmi cable - anything needed was sought and delivered promptly.

Room was cleaned every day and was very well maintained.

Honest staff too - when I left my safe open with everything in it - it was closed up and a new code left with security.

Staff extremly friendly and always willing to help - they went out of their way to make my stay good - I hardly felt like a 'guest' but more at home.

Roof-top pool was divine - the gym, steam room and spa also awesome.

The Aloo Ghobi Canneloni from Soul City restaurant was an unreal mix of Italian and Indian that I wasn't too sure would work - but did!

The General Manager, Raj was fabulous in making the stay more comfortable and helping out with advice any time it was required. He really made the stay much nicer than just being another stranger in a hotel - he takes an interest in his guests which is appreciated.

Great restaurants nearby. Fava down in the courtyard has these beautiful after dinner sweets which is just dark chocolate balls rolled in coaoa powder - divine!

Indian restaurant in UB city had some of the best food I tried.

The bed was extremly comfortable. Only slight downside is if you're a light sleeper, the nightclub next to the hotel plays music that can be distracting. Earplugs might be worth the investment, or try and get a room away from the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for it to be away from the nightclub next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Odette,
Thank you for your fabulous comments. We too enjoyed hosting your stay with us. I shared your compliments with all our associates and they were quite happy to know that their efforts were recognized. I know how much you enjoyed your morning masala teas at the Soul city and I am organizing to send some of the mix to Australia for you.
On behalf of everyone at Oakwood, I wish you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR. Have a Safe and wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is located in a high end shopping mall; Omega, Estee Lauder and the like. There are also a lot of good restaurants around, which although expensive for India, are reasonable for European rates (I come from the UK)

The rooms are very high quality and well equipped. The surround sound, own washing machine, tumble dryer and kitchen area were all a good thing to have when away from home for a long time. I didn't use the kitchen much in the end but relied on room service, which was good. Breakfast was better than evening meals though.

There was one night (in a month long stay) where the noise outside got in the way of sleeping, but the beds were fine for that. The hotel itself is quite quiet, almost too much so. The hotel does not have a bar and the atmosphere in the restaurant did not lend itself to socialising, so I never spoke to another guest except in the lifts.

The service was the one weak point, that made me think about changing hotels. They were never rude, but you never felt particularly valued. For example, when going to the desk they would continue what they were doing while serving you. This is fine for a short stay, but as I was in the country for 3 months, miles from home, I was hoping for a bit more than that.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
Raj K, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you having taken the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your room and with your stay. and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and the facilities. Thank you for your comments on how the customer service at the front desk can be better. I have passed on your comments to the front office manager as well as our training manager for their attention. Thank you again for having taken the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to hosting your stay with us again.