Kamat's Hotel Mayura
Curzon Suites(Bengaluru)
Safina Hotels(Bengaluru)
Empire Hotel(Bengaluru)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed here for a few hours, and it was the most miserable stay ever. The guy at the reception who was in charge of the check-in could barely speak English. When we were shown our room, I was in a state of shock. The rooms were very very small & cramped. The AC was three decades old. The only way to cool the room is to turn on the AC & the fan simultaneously, so that the fun circulates the cool air. The AC made a lot of noise (imagine a metal plate vertically sliced into two by a blunt knife).

15 minutes after checking in, the phone in our room rang. I received the call and I couldn't hear anything. I cut the call, and picked up the receiver. There was no dial-tone. This continued again, and again. Finally, I stormed into the reception and asked the guy why he was calling us. To which he calmly replied that he was calling us to fill up the 'guest entry' register, and he told us to speak over the phone when someone calls us. I told him the dial tone is not working. His reply was,"If I can hear you, how is it possible that you can't hear me?,'" and he called my room again, and my partner received the call, and he handed the phone to me telling that I can hear the voice and he questioned about my knowledge about telephones. This is the quality of staff they employ at this hotel.

The worst part about the hotel was the toilet. It was extremely dirty, and very very cramped. The moment you enter you need to sit on the pot. You can't close the door otherwise. The toilet floor had dirty stains, and they weren't cleaned for ages. It was a western style toilet. Moreover, there weren't any tissue papers or a hand shower which is common in India. You only had a spare mug which was hung on the pipe connected to the sink. It was the same mug with which you were supposed to bathe as there was no shower. This was the plight of the room.

It is a budget hotel, and has an amazing location. The price per night is only Rs1,300. However, I'd expect basic hygiene and cleanliness if not luxury for that price. We checked out soon, and made way to a better hotel. It was a disaster to say the least. The only respite was the kamat restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I found Kamat`s hotel Mayura, best for family stay with enough facilities and also in an adjustable package for midle class. Bowring hospital is an added advantage of this hotel to cope with any emergency.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Aamir51
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed in this hotel when a group of our friends had visited Banglore. It is located in a very convinient place. the service is really good and the quality of food is like a typical Kamat hotel.

The rates of the hotel are very affordable for all that you get. Bathrooms need to be improved a little but still a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank VarunPrabhuDessai
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I was there in kamat for a night hold at bangalore. its is very near to the central railway and bus station. Budget hotel when you dont want to spend when you just want to pass only one night.

It is very much accessible. well known hotel for single night stay. The attached hotel on its terrace top is amazing. it serves north karnataka food on banana leaf. The taste is awesome. Specially the majki (butter milk) which i couldn't resist myself to ask again and again for it.

It was a good heavy meal and a good night sleep there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank drranjan
Reviewed April 2, 2010

This hotel is good to stay for any one who visits bangalore for business or sight seeing as it is located at heart of bangalore.
The service in this hotel is very good with regard to cleanliness, sataff, mainteanance.
You can visit this hotel if your are coming to for sight seeing and shopping. Not ideal as a business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends