“Very Suitable Location Of Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #171 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore
“Very Suitable Location Of Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is located very near to several shopping malls, restaurants, Metro Station, supermarkets, hotels, cinema, etc. with all modes of transportation available nearby. A perfect place to stay for all sorts of trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been in India 9 times since 1981 and in Bangalore 6 times.
This time I decided to stay in the Empire Hotel ( CENTRAL STREET near Infantry road)
I spent 6 nights.First night my room was facing the main road and the traffic noise was bad.
Then I got room 207 and was fully satisfied.Wi-fi is working good.The manager Mr.Gaffar and his staff is efficient helpful friendly and always with a smile.
Very good service and room service.
Location is best it takes only 5 min walk to the MG-Road.
Good restaurant on the ground floor.
There are 4 Empire Hotels in Bangalore.I guess best value in Central Street.
No question I will stay again in the Empire Central Street.

Room Tip: Avoid taking a room to the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Vienna, Wien, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

we stayed twice in this hotel, the first time in a standard room, that was very noisy, because there is only a door that divides you from a neighbor room. when we were there, a man made loud phone calls till deep in the night next to us. the second time in a luxury room, with an interesting view. people of the reception are friendly, and the restaurant on the ground and first floor is popular, there is a nice atmosphere with all the time so many people visiting the restaurant or just standing outside. the location is perfect at church-street, where you easily can get places with western coffee and bars with alcohol. we had a good time here, it felt comfortable and efficient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had two stays of 3 days each at the Empire on a recent trip to India in Dec.2012.
First in room 411 - eveything was new , the a/c worked perfectly as did the fan.
The hotel is less than 10 mins walk from MG Rd, so you save Rs600 per day over the Empire International in Church Street.
When I returned I stayed in room 301.
Both the a/c and ceiling fan had two setting , on and off.neither the temperature in the a/c unit nor the speed of the fan could be altered.
The food from the restaurant is excellent as ever.
WARNING ... this hotel is not recommended for vegetarians who are sensitive about meat.
The hotel tends to smell strongly of cooking meat from about 11am until the restaurant closes around midnight.

another warning... book your own taxi for the airport.

I asked the staff on the desk to book me one for 4am.

I was allocated a private car which cost twice as much as a taxi would have , but at 4am there's not any alternatives.

Room Tip: check the fitting before either accepting the room , or/and occupying it on a a/c basis. (most room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Staffs help u. Rooms will be cleaned daily. Large size rooms. Men will be available for service at every floor. Be careful with taking out your keys. Doors lock automatically.
Nice restaurant available in ground floor

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I came to this country to look at hospitals because I am sick. I chose this hotel based on reviews and wanted somewhere basic, clean and without hassle. I had nothing but headaches.

Room service is not 24 hours fyi. I had to change rooms 4 times. Each time I was mocked by the staff and made to think I was being "difficult". One room they gave me (407) was right next to a very noisy machine. I liked it because it was not facing the front which had lots of noisy traffic and dust but it was so loud the walls were shaking. I couldn't sleep and finally after calling the front desk four times, they moved me to a new room ... At 2:30am!! But this was after walking downstairs in the middle of the night in my pajamas because the forth time they wouldn't answer the phone.

The new room I stumbled into in the middle of the night was extremely dusty, noisy and poor ventilation with an awkward small setup and hard bed- awesome. In the morning, it was so unbearable I had to sit in the lobby and argue for one hour to wait 15 more minutes for a new room to get clean so I could have the "privlidge" of getting switched to another room. Another previous room I was given, the shower was broken and there were ants all over the sink! They cleaned the ants when I complained at first but they kept coming back!! I had to complain about four times to get out of that room.

The staff that helped me change rooms were not helpful at all and also mocked me. My dinner order the first night I had to send back three times too. They also quoted me a price that was much higher than what I owed so I asked to see the bill and sure enough, it didn't match and it was over by more than 200 rupees.

I came here trying to save money with a hotel that had good food and a nice reputation. It just waisted my time, sleep and energy dealing with the staff and changing rooms and trying to order food. And I had to pay for that?

The reviews that say avoid rooms on the front are so true! I'm easy going and didn't pay attention when I read that but wow! Ask for one on the backside!

Pros: wifi connection is good. Restaurant is open later than most. Hot water works. Close to shivajinagar bus station which connects everywhere.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SkyAvin

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

value for money, good location, nice room, staff very supportive, easy to reach, nice food specially for non vegetarian. overall very good experience. this is my 6th stay in the same hotel. bathrooms are neat clean and specious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business