“Not worth for the price you pay for the hotel”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #189 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Jorhat, India
“Not worth for the price you pay for the hotel”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I booked this hotel by online one month before for 8th jan,2012 check in to 9th jan,2012 checkout. On the way to hotel i also call the front desk office to offer me good room. Unfortunately on reaching the front desk office person told me that have got any intimation my mail from travelguru. But, after waiting for 20 minutes they give me two AC standard room facing the street. Room was clean but very small and not worth the price. Shape of room was even triangular not rectangular. Also room was very noisy as i cant sleep properly in due to noise of traffic outside. Besides there own restaurant has only choice for non-vegetarian not for vegetarian. So, averall my experience with this hotel is poor. I will never recommend anyone this hotel as there are many big, spacious ,new hotel in bangalore offering best service as the same price. Most importantly hotel Empire is known for Bangalore for their Restaurant (Non-veg meal especially Mughlai) rather than hotel offering accomodation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hong Kong
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The Empire hotel is part of a group of hotels, and besides the property in Central Street there is another one called Empire International close by - so make sure you go to the right one!
It is a basic hotel with old decoration, but has all the facilities including free WiFi. The restaurant in the ground floor is a busy place serving South Indian food. The best part about this hotel is the location in the heart of Bangalore; M.G. Road, Cubbon Road, Residency Road are all in walking distance, and it takes 5 minutes to walk to Shivaji Nagar, one of the main bus stations. Environmental tip: If you don't have much luggage you can take a bus from there to Mekhri circle and then take an airport bus. The whole trip from hotel to airport by bus takes a little more than 1 hour and cost 1/10 of a private taxi or car.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Valrit
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is located centrally and near to the happening places like M.G. Road, Brigrade Road. Rooms are neat and clean. Room service is good. WiFi is complementary and excellent signal strength. Food is excellent , specially the Kebabs. Rooms are a bit small though. Reception is helpful and waiters are very polite. 24hrs check in and out. Had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor rooms where the noise from connecting neighboring room is a bit disturbing.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rexrio
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Empire Hotel is situaated in the heart of the city and a great place...You have all places to visit in banaglore and all with in radius.. The hotel has a nice quality of south and north indian type of food..... Speacially Non Veg variety..... The staff is good and friendly also rooms are nice...I would recoomend every one if u in bangalore try it once.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Malaysia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

we had a pleasant stay there w e spent there 3 nights... the prices were amazing and the room was clean but a bit old, it needs renovation and it will be just perfect.. the location is great, we haven't tried the restaurant yet but it was surely looking amazingly delicious and smelled good, the staff were extra helpful and customer service oriented, we were well treated and appreciated, haven't pain a penny more than what we were told :) we had good times there :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seba M
New York
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Nice hotel, good price, good location, and very impressive staff. We arrived from the airport at around 4:30 am on Sat., spent two nights and were leaving at 6:00 am on Sunday. When we checked in, I paid for two nights (Fri. night and Sat. night). When we were checking out, the manager suddenly returned me the money for the second night because, as he said, we stayed there hardly more than 24 hours. Wow! So honest!!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexm262
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed at The Empire Hotel at Church Street with a friend. We chose this particular hotel for the superb location it offers. It is situated in a wonderful place close to some really great pubs, restaurants, discotheques and what not. Moreover, I love the food at the Empire restaurant so I was looking forward to a pleasant experience.

The staff at the reception was friendly, but I was a little uncomfortable when he repeatedly asked me if only two men would be staying there. We were given a room only when he was sufficiently sure that it would only be us two gents.

The room itself was very ordinary, although the air-conditioner was good. My friend and I were lucky to run into two friendly young women who were also staying at the same hotel. The 4 of us had dinner together at a restaurant nearby, and came back to the hotel. Since all of us had had a tiring day, we decided to exchange facebook contact information and retire to our rooms. But I later learnt that the hotel staff was constantly monitoring our actions over the CCTV cameras, and came hollering at us when we were exchanging emails.

I found this very very unpleasant and a complete invasion of privacy. The hotel staff claimed that it was against "hotel rules" to get friendly with other guests - how utterly ridiculous!! I was appalled at such a "talibanistic" treatment meted out to us.

I would never stay at Empire Hotel again, but would rather prefer similarly priced alternatives even if it would mean compromising on the location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
12 Thank GoogieGoogie

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels