“Excellent. Please keep it up.”

Iris - The Business Hotel and Spa
Ranked #24 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Excellent. Please keep it up.”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is an excellent cute little hotel where every facility that you want is neatly maintained. Absolutely clean and the restaurant is quite good too! We as a family enjoyed the stay. But since we also know how hotels in India often become run down so fast either due to over use or poor maintenance, I urge the management to strive hard to maintain what you are now. A lovely hotel and extremely nice staff. Internet, however, was a pain.

Room Tip: Quite good rooms and upkeep
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Consultom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I wasn't too impressed on my first day with the room and the internet access procedure plus an incident that I could really forget by now after talking to the GM.As someone who travel loads for business and stayed at many nice hotels , I am everything but bias and has no tendency to sugarcoat whatever I had said

Loves:The FOOD, The male staffs- Mirza (when I arrived at 2 am you don't even asked the formalities to check in because you know that i was tired, you and the concierge guy volunteered to make inquiry about my forgotten luggage at the airport, thanks)The front office manager who tried hard to use my international card to pay when other don't even want to take an effort to help me.The concierge team for being such trustworthy, helpful people,The housekeeping -friendly people and most importantly The restaurant name it the chef for his sense of humour, kindness and great food, the restaurant manager, the assistant food and beverage Manager who lend me 100 rp to get a tuk tuk to my appointment, viknatesh who makes me coffee with a smile.I will never ever forget the warmth and lushness of this restaurant EVER.
Now the bad part is:
internet log in requires the pain of putting the code numbers and later this system i would suggest for any guest to log out of emails and not letting your computer remember your password.because my friends end up receiving numerous phished from my "remember me" emails

The ladies in your front office needs to be more courteous instead of putting me on hold, forgetting to charge me with my company's debit card for the car to the airport and i need to swipe my own personal card and the consequences is for me to pay with my personal card and my banker was not aware that i was in India and when they saw that they tried calling me but as I was using the Indian number they can't reach me and this caused so much heartache and "pocketache" when i reach home , thanks for being so careless.
Working in front of the house requires humility , smile, friendliness.

The room:I am ok with the room because somehow i don't stay much in, Only the first day difficulties in sorting the safe box ,switching on the tv and you have some ventilation issue in the room I stayed in , every morning I could smell curry being cooked from the aircond.

Needless to say it was love at second sight,nice location close to shopping area,concierge who cares about getting you a transport and guiding you with directions but most important when you stay here, The GM is everywhere to be seen and every little comments would be taken seriously, when i complaint on my first day he stopped what he was doing and stood up to listen to me attentively , very professional, as a female business traveller THIS counts knowing someone cares about you and recognized your issues and would take necessary measures concerning your safety.I take back what i said about booking me at another hotel the next time.Me and soon our team will definitely stay at Iris again because somehow we got many new friends there.You guys genuinely cares for business travellers like us.Thank you for having me-Azura

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sayangku
Ayyappan, General Manager at Iris - The Business Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. We appreciate it.

Ayyappan G Nair
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 4, 2011

very good hotel at prime location i.e. Brigade Road in Bangalore. Rooms are neat and clean. Food is good, Service is excellent. Drawback is internet is not free after 1 day and you have to buy vouchers to use internet. also many satellite channels are not available in room TV.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Our internet voucher is limited to 160MB and 24 hrs. One such voucher is complementary everyday per room.

Thanks
Ayyappan G Nair
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Arrived in Bangalore after 5 very comfortable nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Saket. Have stayed here on previous occasions. Was surprised to find last night that wifi is available but requires you to sign in by sending a code to a local number for 'verification'. Then you need to get a different code from reception to sign in. Unfortunately, despite clicking 'remember me' the system eventually requires you to log in again. I had someone tonight help me to log in to wireless connection on my iPad. When I asked to connect my iPhone I was told I would have to pay extra!!
How can a hotel which considers itself a "business hotel" expect business travelers to opt to conduct business correspondence either on their phone or on the computer and not leave an option to do both?

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Jumpjacq
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Finding a good business hotel in Bangalore and that too in the Heart of the city has always been very tough.

But Once I was introduced to this hotel by my friend I Just loved it. It is located at Brigade road, the one of the best locality of bangalore.

Rooms interior is very nice, all required amenities availble.Good variety of food at breakfast.At times chef personally checks.

I will recommend it to everybody visiting bangalore on a business trip.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Hotel is near a lot of shopping malls, restaurants, pubs and Hard Rock Cafe. Rooms are perfect, clean and complete. If I am in Bangalore I allways stay in The Iris Hotel. The food in the restaurant is more than good, service is good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
delhi
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Tasty food...great cleanliness...Friendly staff....Reasonable cost...Nice service...Cosy rooms...these will be the words in which i will describe this hotel..My stay was for a week...& it was memorable...Do try their Fried Ice cream dish :) A hotel well located in the most happening place of Bangalore...Brigade road...Well recommended hotel for both Family as well as Business..Great stay at the hotel...next time possibly the preferred destination...Good job keep it up guys...FYI - Work is going on in the terrace for a GYM...so hoping to catch up more stuff...

1 Thank SWLN