I recently traveled with 3 friends from the US to attend a wedding in Bangalore and we stayed at the Emlion. Overall there were some pros and cons.
- Beds were very comfortable, same as what you'd get in a good hotel in the US
- The rooms were very well appointed, TV with wide range of channels and small fridge and kitchenette were nice.
- Breakfast in the top floor restaurant was good
- Having a Cafe Coffee Day on the first floor was a nice perk for a morning latte
- Staff was very helpful; a woman from the front desk even helped me drape my sari for the wedding which was a huge help!
- Our rooms were on the fifth floor so there was a lot of noise from the restaurant
- Went to the restaurant for dinner one night and had difficulty ordering as there didn't seem to be any strong English speakers present. Ended up with the wrong entree but was unable to convey the issue. I'd recommend just sticking to the standard Indian food (it was very good) and not trying to do the "Continental" menu
- Bathrooms were a little messy in terms of construction which was surprising given the niceness of the rooms. We also had issues getting hot water on a couple early mornings.
- Key cards had to be reactivated everyday - I've previously only stayed in worldwide hotel chains when in India so I'm not sure if that's typical or not but it's a little annoying.
Overall, I'd stay at the Hotel Emlion again - there's a few things they could improve but it was a comfortable and enjoyable stay in general.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your HHI Select Bengaluru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.