“Not as great but not bad either”

HHI Select Bengaluru
Ranked #306 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I booked an Executive Delux room and stayed for 2 days. We were all given welcome drinks upon check-in and they were quite delicious. Just what we needed after a tiresome 5 hr car journey from Chennai and about 1 hr roaming in circles searching for the hotel!! The room as such was nice; very spacious and decent. Bed was comfortable with clean linen. There were 2 adults and 2 kids in the room and we were expected to sleep in one queen bed. When I asked for an extra bed they did not know how many people were in the room. But they did bring in the extra bed - even though the man who bought the bed asked me if I needed an extra pillow for the bed! The bathroom was a huge disappointment - way too small and smelly! Shower floor was dirty and there was no hot water. Water pressure was very inconsistent too. They have wasted a whole lot of space in the room by giving an area (God knows for what!). It has a lot of storage & dish rack drawer....what for?? That space could have been utilized for making the bathroom more spacious. Complimentary breakfast buffet was really good - hot items & quick service. Overall a decent hotel & I would definitely go there again if I had to.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anil K N, General Manager at HHI Select Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your feedback on our service at the Breakfast Buffet. The management and team has taken the comments very positively and asked the Housekeeping department to make note of the same and improve the quality. also noted you had a bad flow of Hot water in your room,we have taken this matter very seriously and looking to solve the matter

I have shared your comments to the entire Staff and Managers during briefing and would like to thank you for this feedback. taken note of all your feedback.

The team and I are happy to note that The HHI,Select,Bangalore would be your preferred hotel during your visits to Bangalore and look forward to the delight of welcoming you back.

Hotel Hindusthan International,select,Bangalore

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was very skeptical while booking this hotel based on the previous reviews but booked it as it was the only place that was having the dates as per my convenience among those that I had shortlisted but the hotel turned out to be more than I had expected although I had a bit of unsatisfaction due to unprofessionalism of the staff and cleanliness but never the less my experience was good. I stayed from 5th December to 8th December 2013 in an Executive Deluxe Room
Location: Excellent for tourist and people on holidays as most of the places are close by max time will be 30-45 minutes depending on the traffic you encounter. Places nearby ( LALBAUG, CUBBON PARK, M.G.ROAD, BRIGADE ROAD, GARUDA MALL, BANERGATTA NATIONALPARK, VISVESHWARYA MEUSEUM)

ROOMS & STAFF:

• PRO’S >> Very spacious , clean (except bathroom not up to my expectation ) , well-furnished, adequately lit & cool, beds are comfortable, huge wardrobe with electronic safe, small storage for shoes and luggage , daily Newspaper, tea & coffee making facilities, LCD TV with lots of channel options, in room dining facilities, work desk and a chair , complimentary water bottles

• CON’S >> Very small shower cubicle considering the room was Executive Deluxe Room.

Dripping & broken water faucet in shower cubicle ( I had to close the main supply valve in bathroom to prevent water wastage as faucet was not replaced or repaired in spite of being brought to the attention of the manager)

Unavailability of hot water all the times or unregulated water temperature and pressure (very hot sometimes or not even Luke warm)

Bathroom floors were stained of saline water and appeared very dirty needs through cleaning

Bath linen was fresh clean and changed daily but would recommend to be replaced as it was showing extensive signs worn out

** Bath mat was replaced with a folded bath towel and the towel used as a bath mat wasn’t changed for 4 days of my stay, toilet mats were missing very unprofessional to hotel of that standard.

** Room service staff opened the wardrobe and stuffed in the extra cushions and side pillows on bed which was not at all expected although nothing was missing or lost. But very unprofessional as a female was staying with me and she was using the wardrobe.

** Staff unaware of what is happening around

a. I got a call at 7 am in morning asking If the red car parked outside the hotel is mine ( staff unaware which guest have vehicles ).

b. I was supposed to get a discount of 20% on my Food and Beverage bills as I had booked the room on a promotional offer which was not applied to the final settlement bill. Although the staff apologized for the same and it was accepted by me as the discount amount was not going to be much as most of the time we dined out. Still it shows a very much of unprofessionalism and absent mindedness of the staff.

FOOD & SERVICE: Breakfast menu was good and had variety (fresh fruits, juices, tea, coffee, bread, Butter, jam, salads and various Indian breakfast items).

Had ordered in room dining which was also good properly cooked, right quantity and
Price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore.

We Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.

The Management and Team has taken your comments very positively.We have noted that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel as desired. I have shared your view with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration to do better in all the area you have pointed out for improvement,such feed backs are our eye opener,we believe in your efforts taken to write such detailed feedback for which the management is grateful to you.

We thank you once again for this review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

HHI,Select,Bengaluru

Reviewed January 18, 2014

As advised by friend I had a prior booking including airport pickup. I was promptly picked up and did not have any problems after my overnight flight.
The cab took about an hour to reach the hotel and the checking in was made possible just in 5 to 10 minutes. The room was very well maintained and very cozy. The food was tasty. The complimentary breakfast also was splendid. The hotel arranged taxis for my local trip and visit to Mysore.
But the services are offered give full value of the money spent. The staffs are well mannered. The txi cab drivers too extended commendable service.
I would prefer to visit again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Anil K N, chief at HHI Select Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time for updating your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your feedback, We cannot compare HHI Kolkata to HHI Bangalore since kolkata hotel is 5 star and Bangalore is 3 Star, we always strive hard to reach the standard of Kolkata,guest as you and others input, we are sure we will achieve that soon.happy to note your positive comments of the Hotel,you have mentioned Nice, Clean and Neat rooms.Management and team has taken the comments very positively.

I have shared your comments on overall stay in the Hotel as wonderful to all at the Hotel, during the briefing/Morning meeting of all our Head of the Department.Team and i would like to thank you for this feedback.

We have also noted the varieties required for Breakfast,the same has been addressed and sorted out.also looking into the noise factor coming from outside.

Hotel Hindusthan International,select,Bangalore
E-mail: gmblr@hindusthan.com

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Good rooms, very comfortable and very organized and professional staff to take care, I have taken all my staff for dinner and it was so good, all the staffs are enjoyed the food and drink!! also their gym is good

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 20, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time for updating your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your feedback,We sincerely apologize for the complaint which you have filled in comments, we have taken up the complaint seriously to our General Manager and action has been taken,Rajat and Hussein has been served warning letters for missing your Reservation on that particular day,hence everything else was missed out like Cake,bouquet and the food, messed out as all this requires time. we shall ensure that your next visit will be memorable one.

Santosh Chettri
F&B Manager
Hotel Hindusthan International,Select,Bangalore
E-mail: fnbblr@hindusthan.com

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Good business hotel , excellent food taste , 5 Star category Rooms & restaurant, Spa was really superb . really enjoyed my stay , value for money. i will be visiting soon again with my family and friends

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Anil K N, General Manager at HHI Select Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your time and compliments.

The Comments such as above will give us a great motivation to achieve the highest standard level so that we stand the challenges faced everyday.

Hotel Hindusthan International, select, Bangalore

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The funny thing is that they actually sent me an email asking me to rate the hotel at the end of my stay. Its like they don't even know how ridiculously bad their hotel is.

Awful staff: Well meaning blokes that move at 1/100 the speed of a normal person. Checkin took 1 hr. At 11pm at night. With 3 people assisting me. I was the only guest around.

When I left in a huff they said they will send my bill to my room. It never arrived - when inquired the next morning - they said "the printer wasn't working." I then requested for the bill to be brought out to me while i grabbed a quick breakfast in the morning and rushed to the airport. That didn't happen either.

The most insipid looking breakfast breads I've seen. Their danish look like a piece of toast. Their croissants look bleached white. I was concerned I was going to be sick.

Despite my obvious consternation - the manager insisted on hovering over my breakfast table, not get me the pending bill, and insist on pouring my coffee because it "was too hard" - someone please explain the concept of black coffee to this gentleman.

Note, the rooms weren't great either. The room smelled so strongly of artificial air-freshener that I had to open the windows to help clear that up (didn't work). There was some weird black powdery substance between the sheets on my bed. The TV was small. And this hotel has the narrowest shower cubicles in the world. they were less than 3 feet across.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank victor99999999
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've seen a tripadvisor user giving "terrible" rating to a business hotels that didn't provide him an iron. So by that standard, I'm not sure what rating HHI select deserves. Read my experience and judge it for yourself

- There were 3 of us traveling on a business trip to Bangalore from Mumbai. Our company had booked 3 rooms in HHI select. Our flight was slightly delayed and it was little difficult to locate the hotel initially, so by the time we reached at the hotel it was close to midnight (11:30PM). Our plan was to order room service, sleep early as the next day we had to go out by 7:45am. We had no idea what was in store for us.

When we reached the reception, we saw 2 other guests arguing about food. Apparently there was no food available, but anyway we were too busy with our check-in process. After filling the forms, we were told that only 2 out of the 3 rooms were ready. The other room was getting "cleaned" and would be ready only after 30mins. Remember - the hotel check out time was 12 noon and we had reached almost 12 hours post it. Our 3 rooms were booked, confirmed and paid for. So when we argues with the guy with the reception, rather than being apologetic, he asked us to "adjust" in 2 rooms. Take a pause and think about it for a second. A business hotel asking its guests to share rooms, even though they have paid for individual rooms. We were pissed and called the manager. That guy was shabbily dressed and didn't even apologize for the behavior of his staff.
Seeing that we had no other option, we decided to wait in the lobby and asked him to serve us some food in the restaurant there. Here we got another glimpse into their amazing service. The manager kept saying that only thing he can provide us was "some juices". When we repeated insisted that we need some food, he called his chef and asked him to get some sandwiches. The chef asked "what sandwiches" and the manager said "plain". So I stepped in and asked the chef what other types were available. It turned out they had grilled chicken sandwich available also. So we ordered that. I was completely baffled why the manager will be reluctant to serve us food, when it was available.
In any case, we had waited for 40 mins and neither the room or the food was ready. So after following up bunch of times we got the food - really cold grilled sandwiches. Not sure if they intentionally kept the food from us because the room was not ready or they just forgot to serve us, But in case we were too tired and hungry to argue.

There were two other guests arguing at the reception about the noise from the gym. Apparently their rooms were close to the gym and they can hear people running and working out. I thought they were being too picky and didn't pay much attention to their talk.

Finally all of us got our rooms. I went in and given my expectation was so low by then, was happy to see the bed was clean. Although in the bathroom, the soap used by the previous guest was still there, but it was a minor setback compared to the horror we had gone through.
I called for an iron, just so that I can get my suit pressed. And was absolutely not surprised when I was told that no iron was available. My dear friend from the reception also suggested that I give it to laundry and take it next day evening. I gave up and tried to sleep.

And this is when I remembered the noise complaint the other guests were having; that was because I could literally here everything that was going on in the next room. Right from someone just opening their bag to just walking around in the room. So much for a good night's sleep.

Next day I went down for breakfast at 7:30. The service was supposed to start at 7 (which we had confirmed previous night). but when I went there more than 80% of the spread was not ready. The spread when it was completely ready was also not that great, but what else to expect from those guys.
So in summary avoid these guys, you can get much better, professional hotels at half the price.

Room Tip: Here is my room tip - get a room in some other hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business