“Neat , clean and comfy”

Ranked #420 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hyderabad
“Neat , clean and comfy”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Friendly staff, good restaurant (onyx) and the rooms were newly done. Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms.

We ordered room service - tea was good and also the sandwiches we got.

The staff even kept our luggage till evening when we requested as we had work to attend to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bangalore
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a review for the restaurant Onyx located on the ground floor of Emlion hotel. Previously, there was a Cafe Coffee Day here.

We had been to the restaurant for Sunday afternoon lunch recently to celebrate an occasion. Boy o boy, we regretted it big time.

- We ordered ala carte and there was buffet as well. The staff was unable to handle either of them well
- The waiter (looked like a new recruit) assigned to our table was untrained and lacked even the basic skills required
- Starters, main course and desserts each took between 20 - 45 minutes to arrive and hence there was a long gap between courses
- We had to repeatedly ask for the dishes to be served
- The dessert we ordered was downright pathetic and yet cost more than Rs.100/-
- Prices are on the higher side
- There was no manager around to complain to. They were all busy having lunch

Overall, an afternoon ruined. The only saving grace was that the food was good in taste and quality. There are many other restaurants in the vicinity like Aroy, Crossroads, Punjabi Times etc. that are way better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Javed A, Manager at HHI Select Bengaluru, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Sir,
Greetings from HHI Select Bengaluru !!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable suggestions. Sir, I can assure you that the management has taken this up seriously and your inputs have been shared with our F&B department to ensure that we can meet up to your expections on your next visit to the hotel.

We look forward in welcoming you back !!!

Regards,
Bhaskar Mallick

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The room is quite comfortable. Good stay. The staff members are very courteous. Service oriented. I think it is value for money and I've been repeating my stay here since it is also centrally located in south Bangalore. Overall good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A decent, pocket-friendly hotel in the heart of the town. I have regular family guests staying there and they have been appreciative. I myself am a regular visitor and pretty pleased with their services.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Emlion is in J P Nagar and now has been taken over by the prestigious HHI group of hotels. They are turning it arround really.. Renovation work is on full swing and at a great speed and I am sure the inconvenience at present will bear fruits for a brighter and efficient hotel soon

The rooms are big and good with parquet flooring. The shower etc. needs to be changed as they are not ver good compared to the room standard. The hotel looks peaceful and bright.

They need to have some more people, may be, as by Indian standards it looks under staffed!

Truly hospitable staff with some very responsive chefs who make some great food even if out of menu

This was my third stay here and I can see that the new owners are really investing in newer ideas by bringin g the coffee shop at lobby level, a good gym etc.

I'd recommend this for business travellers and even family stays if you like J P Nagar area..

I was here last from 14-18 May 2012

Room Tip: If you want peace, avoid road facing rooms..