“Value For Money!”
Review of Ajantha Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Ajantha Hotel
Ranked #189 of 666 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had stayed in this property for 3 days and I had a good experience. I was looking for a budget stay and this property was definitely satisfying my pockets considering I wanted to stay in MG Road.!

The property got ample parking space (full marks), helping attendants (I wonder why others are blaming them, but we had a great service), not so smiling front office guys (I can manage that), big rooms, toilets and living space (A bit old property but maintained decently)! The owner of this place definitely want it to be very close to nature hence smoking is strictly banned in the open space and they got beautiful plantations all over the property.

The food quality is authenticate with all South Indian dishes, but ya it shuts at 7 PM

Over all had a satisfactory stay feeling comfort in a busy city like Bangalore and that too at MG Road.!

Room Tip: Their Club rooms are damn spacious!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Vinuz
There are newer reviews for Ajantha Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2014

i stayed 2 nights there. price for a single room has gone up a lot. i was charged 1200 rupees per night. its a very old hotel and i was given a room which had no hot water. and they are doing building works at the moment. which may continue for some months. could not sleep as 7am they started banging the building. i was not told that they are doing building works. room was clean though and big with a TV.
this is not a backpacker hotel anymore. you are better off finding something else. reception staff were clearly unhelpful. i would come here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank elmundoazul
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Initially, I hesitated to stay here as my friend informed that the hotel is an old one.
However, looking to the proximity to my office and as per advice of my colleague, we booked the room here over phone . Actually the hotel is carrying out, right now, renovation and modernisation Of the hotel. After landing there and seeing the refurbished rooms in one portion of the hotel, I liked it very much. We had a pleasant stay with a nice and elaborate complimentary breakfast.

But the management can think of adding fruits and bread-butter-jam combo to their breakfast, so that people like those items can enjoy them.

Room Tip: Don' t judge a hotel by its age. Generally, it is said that new hotels are good to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mohan2013
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Unbelievably inhospitable: Steel fisted wifi rationing made me feel captive; archaically managed voucher scheme required deep breathes and QWERTY work. Along with a nativist sentiment, pet sized rats in the stairwell at night and "24 hour hot water in the updated rooms" being untrue, not even a good budget option; if your budget allows only this place, they know it too.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We took the executive room for days for business meet in nearest business park and after meet came back to lodge and saw vacant cottage had see it was so specious, immediately i ask reception person help us to get there cleanly maintained garden, hygiene rooms and toilets fresh natural air, service ... made me to stay there for weekend, for amt what we pay its worth !!

Room Tip: Ground floor and the cottages are very good
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We took the cottage at the Ajantha hotel. It had a big bed room with 1 king sized bed and 1 single bed. A huge a bathroom and changing room. The hotel had great hospitality with good service at all times. The place was like a small community with two party halls right opposite to our cottage. few convenient stores, etc. I used to encounter weddings every day while my parents were at the hospital for my mom;s check-up. I never felt bored. one day, a family even invited us in to their wedding and we watched the beautiful and simple bride speaking and smiling to all the guests. The hotel had an amazing vegetarian restaurant at walking distance and a little further away was this hope where they sold amazing hot tea and coffee.It also has a Mall close to it. I would love to go back there! Bangalore is clean and organized with friendly and helpful people all around, and it has a brilliant airport. Could not find the right option but it was actually January 2012.

Room Tip: Please try the cottage instead of the regular rooms. Explore the area towards the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sanam R
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Hotel Ajantha after an overnight bus at 4am following recommendation from fellow travellers and rough guide. Had to wake up staff even though said was 24hour check in and wouldn't let us book for just one night and wait in the reception hall so paid for 2 nights. We went to the room (standard double) and it was horrendous - cockroaches in the bathroom, paint falling off the wall, dingy and rock solid beds. We couldn't stay so asked to see some other rooms although marginally better these had no showers which is unacceptable for the price. No apologies from staff, corridors to rooms were strewn with old mattresses and food. I wouldn't recommend this place, perhaps the more expensive rooms are better but definitely not what promised in guide book.

• Stayed: April 2013