“Not as expected”

Fortune Select JP Cosmos
Ranked #56 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Since Fortune being ITC's co-branded hotels, i was expecting them to be better than what it was. The stay at Fortune Kolkata rose my expectations.

I checked in late for a prepaid booking, and was greeted that i have been upgraded to a Club floor, got excited and strike Floor 6 on the elevator i started the ascent. The floor looked tidy, but the room was much below expectation. The lighting in room was sad, the bathroom was very compact and unclean.

The room AC did not work, and we had to call for service, the internet was down, and the front staff was not even bothered to give correct information.

The bed was comfortable, but the room gave a very dull feeling, and was not lively.
I would not prefer to stay here again.

The location of the hotel was nice, as it was just behind sigma mall,and near to all basic stuff. There breakfast in the hotel was just OK, as they could have down a lot more.

Room Tip: Ask rooms which are brighter, and are located on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank ParitG
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Mr. Gupta, thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for not having met your expectations on the points highlighted and assure you that we have already initiated corrective steps to ensure these are not repeated. Looking forward to another opportunity to be of service to you, when every effort shall be made to ensure that your next visit is a pleasant and comfortable one.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at Fortune Select JP cosmos bangalore recently for 5 days with my production team. They have an excellent hotel with friendly and helpful staff. I must say that I was very impressed with the technical staff as well as they had been kind enough to shift the room phone to the same side of the bed with a power point so I could charge my phone overnight, set an alarm on my phone as well as be able to hear and answer my room wake up call - which was prompt and on time every day of my stay.

Great job by the counter staff, housekeeping staff and restaurant staff as well.

Special mention to Stephen, Sunil, Inayak and Sonali from counter staff and Christy and his team including Suman from dining.

Thanks guys !

A great hotel for anyone to stay in - for any purpose of travel.

It will be better if all rooms had free wifi though.

Cheers

Dharmesh
Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2013
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Thiagarajan, we are delighted to read your fantastic review and greatly appreciate your kind comments and positive feedback on our hotel staff & services. We do hope you find an opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm sivaraj.i would like to thank ur staff.specially harathi the receptionist I hope.she took my details. Over the phone and made all arrangements in the hotel before I reach there.will like to stay in ur hotel next time.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ramaswamy S
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Sivaraj, thank you for sparing the time to post an appreciative review of our hotel staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was my 2nd stay here- had reviewed it some years back- when I felt it was a competent business hotel. Not great but not bad- and the service was good.
This time I found the rooms have aged- especially the washrooms- with the various faucets etc. not working well- but the service is really poor.
Since it's a corporate booking- wifi is complimentary- but the lady couldn't find it in her system- and insisted I come down to the reception to show the proof. Even after showing their email- she seemed skeptical- and hailed the lobby manager to give approval- as if doing me a big favor.
When I checked in- it was late and I asked if I could use the gym ( again she said it's closed but as a favor to me they will keep it open for another 30 minutes !)- this is not acceptable in a property that touts itself as a 4 /5 star.
Lastly- since I was checking out early- before their breakfast opened- I asked if maybe they could get me a snack/boxed breakfast ( again it's quite customary in good hotels to do this). They sent next morning, sandwiches and wafers which were really poor quality. My perspective is - if you can't do it well- don't bother.
Overall- seems to have gone downhill- I will avoid next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vikrant
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Vikrant, we have noted your review and sincerely apologize for failing to live up to the service levels expected of us; however, we would like to assure you that your feedback has been addressed with our team and desired levels of staff efficiency & responsiveness have been reinforced. Do hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very well located property with great staff and awesome food makes this place a perfect stay in a busy Bangalore! The breakfast is great with extremely co-oridal staff always wearing a smile.

Definitely a must visit for a relaxing getaway while on a business tour.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for such an appreciative feedback. It is indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon

Reviewed October 3, 2013

When arrival people are very friendly.
The room has nice interior and what I liked most is the window between sleeping room and bathroom. In the details, like in the bath room, you can see the difference between a real 5 star hotel and this Indian one. (I would rate it ***+ in western way.)
For breakfast they have a big buffet with Indian as well as western cuisine.
I stayed only one night (arriving late and departure in the morning) so had no chance to try th other amenities like pool on the room. (Hopefully next time.)
So I also do not know about the location to downtown and other sights, but it takes 3/4 hours to get there from airport, even at 4.a.m.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you again and hope that next time around you stay with us longer and get a chance to fully experience all our services and facilities as well as our downtown location

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very nicely located hotel in Bangalore with great rooms & good service. Food was good in the restaurants. Although I saw they have changed their bar & moved it to the terrace ( this has reduced the size it had when it was located in the ground floor ), but the service has remained good. The only point that I could find wrong with them was they had charged me Rs.72/- for a Rs.10/- priced packet of ITC Bingo chips packet which was kept in my room. When I asked the Duty Manager how come they are charging such prices for a 10 rupees packet of their own manufactured snacks when none of their ITC Luxury collection hotels charge more than the MRP, the Manager emphatically said it was because of higher standards of service!! When I pointed out that in no way is their service better than ITC Royal Gardenia where I stayed many times in the recent past, he did not have an answer. I also asked him if he can tell me what value addition has his service team done to that packet of chips to which he could not give any reply.

I really felt cheated by this experience & feel such practices should be stopped & is not expected at all from ITC group of hotels. Really dissapointed on this point!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anindyasen
Saravanan D, General Manager at Fortune Select JP Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We do hope to see you again in the near future.